Manchester United transfer news: Rafael da Silva facing exit as Louis van Gaal plans clearout

loony

Just had a quick look through this thread. Some United fans seem to confuse passion with ability or reliability. Rafael is a very good player but there is always a crazy moment waiting. This will either be a dangerous tackle or a lapse in concentration. He constantly gives away stupid fouls but because he plays on the edge with passion fans think it's fine. Going forward he can be excellent and he is certainly a better player than Valencia, but he isn't as good as you are judging him. He is a passion driven player rather than an intelligence player. Gary Neville had the right blend of both, Rafael is too far on the passion side. I like him and I would rather he stay than Valencia, but lets not overestimate his abilities. A good player capable of great moments.

the guy is 24 ffs, people have short memories, standout player a couple of seasons ago, last season people call him average or so but he had some great games too and was one of the few players who was up to some sort of standard, I'd find 20 worse players that season under Moyes. He's also injured often but I feel it can get better, he had a bad spell of injuries at the start this campaign but so had almost everyone, then he had this cheek fracture which is quite unfortunate.

Now "sadly" Valencia somehow managed to convince Van Gaal, while Rafa's been out, with his solid approach that he's a good option and he's decent but nothing more than that. And we know Van Gaal, he takes time to make decisions. It will take Van Gaal some time but Rafael will be back He's far better talent and he will overcome those injuries to some extent. He may also have the same issue with Van Gaal as Herrera had when he was too creative and not up to do exactly what the new gaffer wanted..

Lastly he was always a player who needed no time to get in form which is why I think we should definitely keep him.

People mention names like Clyne who is steadily going to be a decent player but never as talented as Rafael, he's obviously overrated and suddenly people frustrated with Rafael's injuries and Valencia's solid play believe this player is what we need. Another example is Coleman, who is a good player but also as Clyne he's not huge upgrade even on Valencia, he also had one great season, and two solid seasons one - last season under Moyes and now the second under Martinez, nothing more than that, people are going really overboard with these players. I understand we should demand only the best but we already have a good couple of players who should share their games in the next season. Rafael and Valencia
Coleman is a much better player than Rafael. Rafael has great moments, Coleman is consistently excellent. Clyne looks a good player, with his attacking play being quite good. I haven't seen a lot of him, this is just what I've taken from him from a few games this season. I agree that his current level isn't too dissimilar to Rafael but I haven't seen the moments of craziness Rafael can have.

I do think Matteo Darmian should also be considered. He'd cost less than Coleman or Clyne and is a brilliant defender. I wouldn't be surprised if he replaces Lichtsteiner. Top quality, the best right back in Serie A in my opinion. The player we should sign factoring in age, price, ability and availability. But we won't, we'll overpay for lesser talents. Mattia De Sciglio has great potential but has had a bad season. You can rule him out.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I am slowly accepting the fact Rafael will be sold this summer. Especially since we are now playing good football. But, can we stop making up things about Rafael. He is no longer an accident waiting to happen and no longer commits a ton of fouls.

Sheldon69

Just had a quick look through this thread. Some United fans seem to confuse passion with ability or reliability. Rafael is a very good player but there is always a crazy moment waiting. This will either be a dangerous tackle or a lapse in concentration. He constantly gives away stupid fouls but because he plays on the edge with passion fans think it's fine. Going forward he can be excellent and he is certainly a better player than Valencia, but he isn't as good as you are judging him. He is a passion driven player rather than an intelligence player. Gary Neville had the right blend of both, Rafael is too far on the passion side. I like him and I would rather he stay than Valencia, but lets not overestimate his abilities. A good player capable of great moments.

Coleman is a much better player than Rafael. Rafael has great moments, Coleman is consistently excellent. Clyne looks a good player, with his attacking play being quite good. I haven't seen a lot of him, this is just what I've taken from him from a few games this season. I agree that his current level isn't too dissimilar to Rafael but I haven't seen the moments of craziness Rafael can have.

I do think Matteo Darmian should also be considered . He'd cost less than Coleman or Clyne and is a brilliant defender. I wouldn't be surprised if he replaces Lichtsteiner. Top quality, the best right back in Serie A in my opinion. The player we should sign factoring in age, price, ability and availability. But we won't, we'll overpay for lesser talents. Mattia De Sciglio has great potential but has had a bad season. You can rule him out.
I must admit I had never heard of him but he's looked proper quality tonight !

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Selling our only true RB is a risk if the new signing is still a thing in progress. Janko has been impressive at times but he's probably a little bit far from ready.

If this is all true we better have someone really class on that spot... and why sell him at all ? Two RB's in club of that proportion is nothing unusual.

C'est Moi Cantona

Maybe injury will save him from been sold? Although I doubt it.

I was thinking who could be sold that has been a key player for us this season (other than DDG), depending who we get in I reckon there could be at least one.

My money would be on one of Fellaini, or Mata.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Worked for Fellaini in the summer, no? Rafael is done, unfortunately.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Maybe injury will save him from been sold? Although I doubt it.

I was thinking who could be sold that has been a key player for us this season (other than DDG), depending who we get in I reckon there could be at least one.

My money would be on one of Fellaini, or Mata.
Young? No way Mata is going, he is too good to let go, while Fellaini is very good at what he does and provide us with a plane B, plus Van Gaal seems to be a fan of his so not a big chance of him going.