Manchester United v Brentford | Pre-season Friendly Wednesday July 28 20:00 BST

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Decent half of football that for a pre-season match. AWB looked good going forward, Matic with some nice between the lines passing, Pereira actually looking half decent and Elanga looking lively up top. Biggest dissappointment so far in pre-season for me is Greenwood. Completely invisible in the first two matches, slightly better today, but so wasteful in good positions. He's not a part of our first 11 come start of the season.
He absolutely will be. He will be one of the only attackers we have that will have played a full pre season. He has played pretty well today anyway so not sure what you mean.

Dante

Average bang
First XI: Henderson, AWB, Varane, Maguire, Shaw, McTominay, Fred, Sancho, Bruno, Rashford, Cavani
Second XI: DDG, Williams, Bailly, Lindelof, Telles, Pogba, Matic, Greenwood, VDB, James, Martial
Third XI: Heaton, Galbraith, Mengi, Tuanzebe, Dalot, Pereira, Garner, Lingard, Mata, Elanga, Hugill
On the periphery: Grant, Shoretire, Fish, Bernard, Pellistri, Levitt, Mejbri, Amad

I know the different lineups above are all debatable, so I'm not looking to get bogged down in the detail. I've just picked them to illustrate the point.

This team (and preseason in general) is not a competitive Manchester United in any recognisable sense.

Last edited:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Biggest dissappointment so far in pre-season for me is Greenwood
Couldn't disagree with this more. He may not have scored but he's been great imo, making some great runs, and seems to have gotten more awareness and presence in the central role, not just this game either, but in every preseason match so far. I've been very impressed with him.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Controversial, but Elanga is head and shoulders above Amad in terms of development.

acnumber9

My favourite thing about Dalot is how versatile he is. He’s equally shit at left back and right back.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Poor from Dalot, but that was a horrible pass to him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He can now stay forever