Manchester United v Brentford | Pre-season Friendly Wednesday July 28 20:00 BST

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We'd be sorted if Matic was about 5 years younger.
Honestly it was five years ago that Matic started declining. 15/16 was the last time he had a really good season. His last season at Chelsea was an obvious decline, and then he's had four seasons with us where his only decent sustained run of form was his first half a season.

eltigreFalcao

To be fair I don't see in any of these player a PL first XI proper contender, bar Greenwood which for me should still be a sub most of the games

MDFC Manager

I think Lingard will be ready in a couple of seasons. Lets trust the older lads for this season.

acnumber9

You asked about who rated him and I answered. If you want to be deliberately obtuse that’s your prerogative. We also went in with very experienced defenders in VL and Maguire with Bailly as back up. For the most part it was a settled CB partnership.
I didn’t ask who rated him, I asked why. He’s shit.

Dazzmondo

To be fair I don't see in any of these player a PL first XI proper contender, bar Greenwood which for me should still be a sub most of the games
We don't even have an alternative to AWB right now so I think you need to consider him a clear proper contender

El Jefe

Let me guess, the usual suspects will ignore everything AWB has done and focus on the misplaced pass.

What a player.

BlahRules

Let me guess, the usual suspects will ignore everything AWB has done and focus on the misplaced pass.

What a player.
I want him to commit more when he is attacking the ball. He will be some player if he does it consistently.

BarstoolProphet

I thought we played/tried to play some good football this half, unfortunately we don't have the players to execute it better this evening.

Godfather

Mata is completely done. Matic looks grand though. Imagine having him 5-6 years younger

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Decent game this. Some of our one touch football is brilliant. No hoofing. Ball being played to feet in a very high tempo makes it very enjoyable to watch.

We are very weak defensively. Expected given that its Mengi and Axel.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Quite an enjoyable watch, I thought we played really well. Yet again such a crap goal to concede coming from a set piece. What was Matic doing, just head it away, but to be fair what a stunning finish. Would like to see Greenwood get a goal in the second half, he’s going to be the only fit first team attacker come season start.

RedDevilRoshi

Good game so far. Two fantastic goals.

I think we have played really well. Look good and adventurous when we attack. Just a pity we concede a goal from a corner (nothing new I suppose). Elanga looks a real talent.

acnumber9

Clearly you’re the best judge of players, that’s why you’re here!
For the record you actually did
For the record I didn’t. Can you read? All those managers have combined to give him 19 Premier League appearances at nearly 24 years old. That’s 9 more than Borthwick Jackson got.