Manchester United v Derby Count - Sunday July 18 1pm - WE GO AGAIN

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Most interested in seeing:

Garner after such a good loan spell
Greenwood who I think / hope might just be about to kick on this season which could involve taking the piss in pre season and
Elanga who looks like he hasn't left the gym since last season ended

Overall though, I currently feel like I need a break from football myself. How the feck is it back already? Madness

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Who is the count of Derby?

Edit: Ah, it's Edward Stanley, 19th Earl of Derby.
He's 58. No chance vs 11 young men.

Last edited:

SATA

Can i just pay for a month of mutv and watch via an app? Not got sky or anything like that...
I think it's possible. I did it the last two seasons. Watched all the preseason friendlies and cancelled the subscription right after that. Wait for the MUTV offer, there's usually one which will entice you to sign up just for the friendlies

pacifictheme

I think it's possible. I did it the last two seasons. Watched all the preseason friendlies and cancelled the subscription right after that. Wait for the MUTV offer, there's usually one which will entice you to sign up just for the friendlies
Cheers will look into it.

Dante

Average bang
link
Manchester United have begun their preparations for the new season and take to the field for the first time in pre-season this weekend against Derby County.

The clash against Wayne Rooney's side is the first of five games before the season kicks-off in style against Leeds United next month, with QPR, Brentford, Preston and Everton friendlies also lined up.

With the goal of competing for the Premier League next season and ending the club's barren trophy run, a solid pre-season campaign is important to get United a platform to build upon, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be without a significant number of players this weekend.

Those who featured at Euro 2020 will have an extended break, which gives a chance for fringe players and youngsters to stake a claim for more regular game-time.
Predicted United XI: Heaton; Wan-Bissaka, Mengi, Tuanzebe, Telles; Garner, Matic; Elanga, Mata, Shoretire, Greenwood.
Garner is the one who has the most riding on a big pre-season. Hopefully he can make a good case for himself. Always enjoyed watching him.

Looking forward to seeing Shoretire, Elanga and Greenwood up front as well.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Hope the touted minutes for Mata and Matic do not materialise, nothing personal but I want to see the future given a chance, literally pointless playing Matic & Mata at this stage, we know what they offer, is it that no-one else near the first team in those positions is back yet? Hannibal should be back now even with his extended break?

lenny_1248

literally pointless playing Matic & Mata at this stage, we know what they offer
They still need a gametime to build fitness.
They should and will play.

With Martial and Laird missing, with VdB still recovering from injury plus Lingard and Hannibal trained only for a couple of days, it might be smth like this:

Henderson, AWB, Mengi, Tuanzebe, Telles, Garner, Matic, Pellistri, Mata, Elanga, Greenwood.
Heaton, Williams, Bernard, Fish, ?, Galbraith, Levitt, Pereira, Shoretire, Chong, Hugill.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They still need a gametime to build fitness.
They should and will play.

With Martial and Laird missing, with VdB still recovering from injury plus Lingard and Hannibal trained only for a couple of days, it might be smth like this:

Henderson, AWB, Mengi, Tuanzebe, Telles, Garner, Matic, Pellistri, Mata, Elanga, Greenwood.
Heaton, Williams, Bernard, Fish, ?, Galbraith, Levitt, Pereira, Shoretire, Chong, Hugill.
Who’s this question mark character? I have to ask where he sprang up from? Questions need to be asked

lenny_1248

Who’s this question mark character? I have to ask where he sprang up from? Questions need to be asked
:)

Or maybe Chong as a left-back like he played against LASK.
And Hannibal would still play despite the fact that he has just returned.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Hope the touted minutes for Mata and Matic do not materialise, nothing personal but I want to see the future given a chance, literally pointless playing Matic & Mata at this stage, we know what they offer, is it that no-one else near the first team in those positions is back yet? Hannibal should be back now even with his extended break?
They're not great anymore but they're decent senior players we may well need next season. Do you want them to have no summer gametime at all?

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
link

Garner is the one who has the most riding on a big pre-season. Hopefully he can make a good case for himself. Always enjoyed watching him.

Could Garner be the reason we're not super active looking for a CDM? Looking forward to seeing how he does this season if he stays.

KW2006

They are with us for one more season anyways, so they need fitness, especially at the start of the season. And this is a friendly, we can make unlimited substitutions, so the youngsters would play,, no worries.

KGBhoy

Most interested in seeing:

Garner after such a good loan spell
Greenwood who I think / hope might just be about to kick on this season which could involve taking the piss in pre season and
Elanga who looks like he hasn't left the gym since last season ended

Overall though, I currently feel like I need a break from football myself. How the feck is it back already? Madness
Seriously. Was hoping for a couple of weeks to reset myself.

On the topic of friendlies - it's wild to see some of these players like Pereira who I thought would never play for us again!

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
link

This looks good to me, a real mix of young and old/established. I don't care too much about the result, I'm just glad we're back.