Manchester United v. Portsmouth

prateik

hope brown makes the bench ..
it has been too fecking long

who pairs crouch for them ? nugent ?
crouchy is a decent player .. doesnt get much credit

i'm hoping we can control it in the middle

Man-United

Pompey will go 4-5-1 probably with Nugent on the left, Pennant right, Crouch striker.

el eric

I would love to give them a good hammering, and get our goal difference up a good bit. I think we're due to batter some team but then again I think I've been saying that all season. Presuming Carrick will be saved for the Spurs game on saturday and Fletcher is it, i reckon this will be the team

VDS
O'Shea
Evra
Vidic
Rio
Ronaldo
Scholes
Fletch
Nani (about time he did something)
Berbatov
Rooney

Giggs to be on the bench and held back for the spurs game

bazhef

I would prefer to see Dimitar start. The more the lad gets time on the pitch, the more likely we can see a reaction and a resurrection.
Reaction??
I dont think he woudl react if a bomb went off beside him!!;)

But i do hope he will, as for all of his talent, we do love players who give a bit of effort (ie tevez and rooney)

mjs020294

The stars are aligned tonight. United players rested, coming of an indifferent run and memories of last years FA cup exit in their minds.

I expect a real statement game from us tonight, and four or five goals scored....lets slam that fecking door right in the scousers faces.

buckooo1978

The stars are aligned tonight. United players rested, coming of an indifferent run and memories of last years FA cup exit in their minds.

I expect a real statement game from us tonight, and four or five goals scored....lets slam that fecking door right in the scousers faces.
i have to agree

i think its lots to do with what happened at liverpool last night but i think we're really gonna be up for this...

Laphroaig

Pompey haven't lost any of their last five (= after the international break). This isn't as worrying as it sounds though, because other than Everton the opposition has been very poor:
Middlesbrough (a) 1-1
Everton (h) 2-1
Hull (a) 0-0
W.B.A. (h) 2-2
Bolton (h) 1-0

Although they haven't won any of their last nine away games, they're not that bad - they have drawn six of those.
Actually only the top four and Everton have lost fewer away games than Pompey. At the same time only City, Stoke and WBA have won fewer away games.

They have lost all six matches against the top four.

kietotheworld

Reaction??

But i do hope he will, as for all of his talent, we do love players who give a bit of effort (ie tevez and rooney)
No height in there. FA Cup last year we just ended up pinging balls in only for them to bounce off one of their 6+ giant defenders.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Pompey will go 4-5-1 probably with Nugent on the left, Pennant right, Crouch striker.
Johnson will be playing on the right. Pennant will be benched despite being better than Ronaldo.

Nugent = Flop
He's actually been alright since Hart took over, doing a lot of the donkey work up front.

Rahul

Can't wait for this. I really hope we not only win but we really give them a thumping to send out a warning to our rivals.

Its been a while since an opposition team has been on the end of the manchester united onslaught.

6-0 United

Rooney (X2)
Ronaldo (X2)
Park
Anderson

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
That is ridiculous you pay a fortune for these channels and you end up watching some shitty stream trying to understand fecking Korean commentators
Indeed.

Although it is on Setanta in the USA though i think so the commentary should at least be in English.

Tevez's Mum

Kia Joorabchian's Ho!
After what Tevez has said to the Argentina press I wouldn't be surprise if the Tevinator was dropped completely from the squad. I hope he plays and start with Rooney but I doubt he will. Berbatov will play! :(

Werewolf

Reaction??

:lol:

But this just makes me sad for Tevez...Fergie has a dilemna between trying to make Berbatov gain back his confidence and settle in our system, and satisfy Tevez in terms of games played and so.

manusteve

Suspect Berbatov will play, but he will do my fecking head in.

Perfect control on the half-way line, spin away from the defender, but not quite fast enough so turn back towards our own half, foot on the ball, have a look round, hold off the defender, have another look, short pass back to Scholes, jog to the wing, adjust alice band, hands on hips, take a breather before short jog back to half-way line...

Aporkalypse

Berbs better be fired up for tonight. Not expecting lightning fast sprints or anything, but a real determination to get, keep and use the ball properly. Same goes for the rest of the team.

Viper KGB

Indeed.

Although it is on Setanta in the USA though i think so the commentary should at least be in English.
If they have the rights for it over there why don't they just show it on one of their channels over her, I honestly don't get this.

feck me it's annoying

togg

I expecdt us to really go for this tonight. I want goals. We have been given such an opportunity to really make a difference to our destiny. Playing Portsmouth is not like Liverpool playing Arsenal. If we want to win this league..then we need to really be on fire...

Tevez's Mum

Kia Joorabchian's Ho!
Is anyone going to the game tonight? Lets all try and get a better atmosphere tonight! Also lets scream 'Fergie sign him up' at the top of our voice, try and change the argies mind :D

OneUnited24

My predicted team:

VDS
Oshea Vidic Evans Evra
Nani Carrick Fletcher Ronaldo
Berba Rooney​

Scholes or Giggs could start for Fletcher and Rio may be in the team for Evans but i figured SAF may want to rest Rio or Vidic because they played the full 120 min on Sunday and since Rio has the back problem i thought he could do with the break

kps88

Here in India both games are on different channels.

Always amazes me how UK viewers don't get the most live games.:lol: