Manchester United virginity

redfromcanada

May 11, 1997 v. West Ham at OT. United strolled to an easy 2-0 win with goals from Solskjaer and Jordi Cryuff. Bought ticket from a steward after police seized the tickets from a belligerent scalper in front of OT. On my way to the ground, I was told by a bloke that even if I was the Pope of Rome who drank at the Bishop's Blaze down the street, I would never get a ticket.

Trophy celebration for another Premiership win then followed. Most significantly, this turned out to be Eric Cantona's last competitive match for the club. It was quite a shock when he announced his retirement only a couple of days after.

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
1970 Away vs. Huddersfielsd Town (I was 12). Goals from Law and Aston against a penalty from Frank Worthington. Besty had just returned from suspension and played a blinder, creating at least the first goal. I don't remember Johnny's goal as clearly.

My first trip to Old Trafford was in the eighties and I used to go a few times per season then.

Moriarty

Bloody kids. My dad took me to OT for my 8th birthday against Blackpool in february 1967, we won 4-0.
Do I win a prize for being the oldest?
I went to that game. Bobby Charlton scored a couple of crackers. Can't remember who scored the other two. David Herd might have got one of them.

misterredmist

IIRC and it was a long time ago and I am becoming fossilised , 1969, Chelsea at home,can't remember if the dicked us 4-0 or just 2-0, I know we were down very early in the game......my elder brother refused to take me again as I was regrded as a jinx.....

Moriarty

IIRC and it was a long time ago and I am becoming fossilised , 1969, Chelsea at home,can't remember if the dicked us 4-0 or just 2-0, I know we were down very early in the game......my elder brother refused to take me again as I was regrded as a jinx.....
It was 0-4 as I recall. I was in the Strettie with a mate called Paul Lane. I can remember those games as if it were yesterday. That was a bad day; almost as bad as when Forest beat us 4-0.

Zen

vs Wrexham in the FA Cup in 1994 or 95, Irwin scored twice though, Giggs and dunno who else, 5-2.

Havak

Pokemon master
My memory is so foggy as it was so long ago. I went to a game at Old Trafford, I'm sure it was against Aston Villa and sadly the score was 0-0. Looked it up:

vs Aston Villa in 1996. 0-0 draw.

After that, I went to a reserves game which we drew 1-1. I saw us play Real Madrid in the Champions League in a 2-3 defeat.. So I started to think I was bad luck for us and never went to a game until the end of last season. We beat Blackpool 4-2 so my jinx is over :)

thebelfastboy

02nd May 1992, Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur
3-1 (Hughes x2, McClair)

Outclassed spurs from start to finish, remember this as Gary Linekers last game in English football and he received a standing ovation from the 50k.

GDH

January 5th, 1997. FA Cup 3rd round vs. Spurs, we won 2-0. Scholes and Beckham scored. I would've been 10 at the time.

nistleloy

28/12/92 v Coventry City 5-0 Cantona, Giggs, Hughes, Irwin and Sharpe. Went in with my Uncle and he snuck me under the turnstile and I sat on his knee. I'd have been 10.