Manchester United vs Arsenal (Sat 22nd July, 22:00 UK time)

Walters_19_MuFc

First half.

- Mainoo is a special player
- Wan-Bissaka has is continuing his top class form
- Martinez is a beast
- Sancho looks very sharp
- Captain fantastic is back!

Witchking

Fecking hate arsenal.

Need a striker.

Mainoo looks good.

Had provided good cover to Varane and Martinez.

Good football.

Awb has been excellent.

Really love the way he has improved. Deserves his spot.

Just hope he continues in the same vein.

LordSpud

You can see why Ten Hag loves Mainoo. He's been absolutely fantastic.

What's Arteta's plan for the 2nd half then? Is he just playing full strength all game? What's the Arse bench like? We've got Rashford, Case, Eriksen, Donny to come - plenty of good talent

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I was on ex Chelsea watch but I don’t think I’ve seen Havertz touch the ball a single time. Mount has been a a bit quiet too but at least he’s been involved, been decently press resistant and good in possession, albeit very safe.
Has Havertz actually had a single touch?

siw2007

Enjoyable first half. It’s a good session for the team against very strong opposition. Very impressed with how Mainoo has fared in a midfield against Odegaard and Rice. Two great goals after some bad defending from Arsenal.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I was on ex Chelsea watch but I don’t think I’ve seen Havertz touch the ball a single time. Mount has been a a bit quiet too but at least he’s been involved, been decently press resistant and good in possession, albeit very safe.

Does mount always drop so deep?

Can't say I ever noticed it at Chelsea but he seems to be going very deep this pre season.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
MEN…

Heaton

Excellent with his hands and feet. 8

Wan-Bissaka

Attack-minded. 8

Varane

Steady. 6

Martinez

Fiery and booked. 7

Shaw

Quiet half. 6

Mainoo

Bright again. 8

Mount

No major impact. 6

Fernandes

Scored. 7

Antony

Missed a good chance. 6

Garnacho

Some decent touches. 6

Sancho

Took his goal well. 7
Thought mount was good. He's a glue guy. You won't notice all his off the ball running and little passes to keep the flow going. It allows Bruno to be where he does the most damage.

Dazzmondo

I'm genuinely very surprised we were so much better than Arsenal. Thought they would most likely win considering how much further ahead in their pre-season they are and how strong the team they put out was. Happy for Sancho. Mainoo has continued to look fully comfortable in the number 6 role and tbh I don't want us to sign a dm, I'd prefer Kobbie be Casemiro's backup. Pressing's been very good. Antony getting in good positions but needs to improve end product. Only disappointment was probably Garnacho. Would like to see him more involved but only his 1st game. That young sweeper keeper Heaton's quite a find eh :drool:

Bangor_Red

Was worried when I seen the line ups and thinking arsenal have a great lineup now. I know it's pre season but a very good team performance, whole team look on the same page

James35

Not of high importance for all but if Maguire gets the captaincy second half I will not be happy.

Rustyspider13

That was a very entertaining half. We've played quite well and you can see where Onana and a striker that can hold the ball up can improve us. But Sancho has done well under pressure as a false 9. Great run and finish from him, we need more of that. Bruno's goal was lucky and Antony's finishing is still inadequate. But the biggest takeaway is that a Mainoo-Mount-Bruno midfield can work. Seriously impressed with the kid. Licha's challenge and Bruno is captaining EtH was also very enjoyable.