Manchester United vs Arsenal (Sat 22nd July, 22:00 UK time)

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I also have seen him plenty and I would have liked us to sign him, You say "There’s currently zero evidence he can play as an 8" - that maybe so but there is also zero evidence that he can't play as an 8 either, some players are perfectly capable of playing more than one position
Sure but he’s always been primarily a defensive player first. In the same way that Partey or Casemiro have always had someone more offensive alongside them. I don’t think you get the best out of Rice asking him to be the more offensive of the two deep midfielders. He’d be more effective in my opinion with a proper box to box number 8 in the pivot with him. That’s the exact same reason rice and Casemiro wouldn’t have worked together.

SAFMUTD

I also have seen him plenty and I would have liked us to sign him, You say "There’s currently zero evidence he can play as an 8" - that maybe so but there is also zero evidence that he can't play as an 8 either, some players are perfectly capable of playing more than one position
Sure there still no evidence he can't play as a striker either so that's a chance as well.

LInkash

The ESPN commentator said it was Artetas idea and TH agreed, nothing to do with USA
I had a feeling that might be the case, with Arteta trying to artificially replicate Anfield's atmosphere in training ahead of an away game against Liverpool on the Arsenal All or Nothing series.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Sancho in a false 9 was fantastic. But i thought he had a great pre-season last year as well. What I found insanely obvious is that we need a no.9 that is going to dominate on and off the ball. I don't think Sancho has the gas-tank to do that for a season and we basically have no out-and-out striker. I don't know if Højlund can be that guy right away but maybe ten hag is already looking into the future with that kind of signing.

I think Kane would make this side a real contender and I can see why that was ETHs first choice. Højlund has the promise but I don't think he can bang in a 25 goal season right now.

Whatever happens, I think a big thing is that we actually act quickly on a striker because the fitness and team-cohesion levels are already "off the charts" high. We look so fit. Whomever the striker option is going to be has to come in soon to match the intensity level we are already showing.
Wouldn't it be funny if Kane ran down his contract staying at Spurs this season then come to us on a free? One can only dream....

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The ESPN commentator said it was Artetas idea and TH agreed, nothing to do with USA
I guess it's not a bad idea really. Give the players some practice at penalties in a kind-of real match scenario. Obviously nowhere near the pressure of a penalty shoot-out in an important competitive match, but it's closer than the training ground.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Considering it was pre season I thought we looked sharp. All the players looked lean and fit. No post holiday Rooney physiques on show!

Last edited:

Cantonagotmehere

Well, Saudi beat Argentina so a one off result like that means nothing.
I could care less about this shite, but this made me chuckle. Just googled WC results. I personally root for England in the WC just as hard as USA, i like the players, country etc...

The US men’s national team remain undefeated (1W-0L-2D record) against England at FIFA World Cups, securing a 0-0 draw Friday in Qatar. In past editions of this tournament, the Yanks beat the Three Lions (1-0 at Brazil 1950) and drew them (1-1 at South Africa 2010). This year, England are ranked No. 5 in the world.

Andersonson

Roy Keane judged him perfectly.
'Sometimes I see games at West Ham, not saying he's playing badly but sometimes he's just going through the motions, sideways, backwards, picking the easy option. He needs to do a lot more to match some of the top midfielders in the country. 'Mar 4, 2023
So, sometimes, a midfieleder at West Ham plays just ok in the premier league. If thats his worst he's pretty darn good imo

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Maybe im wrong but theres nothing In Rice that tells me he is 100m player.
Most footballers are overpriced nowadays. Best would be priced at about £250 mill nowadays!! Rice is a very good player but I'm hoping that Mainoo will prove to be as good

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Just seen the clip of the arsenal fans fighting with each other, that’s a bit embarrassing :confused:

It's the perennial debate of who the better player was:

No, its feckin' Wrighty. Feck off. Its Henry. Feck you .. you cyant!!