Kick-off
Tue, 12 December 2023 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

pauldyson1uk

We are not going to win, we are going to be out of Europe. All I want is for us to start playing proper football. The players that have been starting are just not cutting it, Hag has his favourites, Hag has players he hates, the players don't want to run. I'd go full change, bring the youth in, they often have more desire than the trash we have on display already.

Bayinder
    Dalot varane maguire Shaw
    Hannibal mainoo
    Pellistri Bruno garnacho
    Mctominay

Yes you read, I'd play mctominay at top. Martial is just a waste, hojlund confidence is broke but Mctominay seems to always get in good positions. Hannibal and mainoo add energy, pellistri just because antony and rashford are so bad and amad is not fully fit.
    Come on you are not serious with that team ?
    It would be a blood bath.
    I would sack you on the spot picking that team

Telsim

We still have a chance to qualify. The odds of the other match ending in a draw aren't that small, I'd say. Bayern aren't really all that either. So, we should do our best to win it. That would be the optimistic take.

Unfortunately, I have lost all faith in this manager and this team, so I don't think any of this is going to happen. I expect an ordinary and uneventful 2:0 loss.

Might be our last Champions League game for years to come. The silver lining is we won’t have to play in the Europa League.

C'est Moi Cantona

Jeckyll and Hyde United will love a game like this, so I fully expect the win, and also to miss out on CL progression.

The Purley King

Aside from being injured often, is it just me or is Martial often ill as well? Man seems to be made of glass in more ways than one.
    My 9 year old daughter has a tummy ache too when she doesn’t fancy going to school the next day…….

Red the Bear

Something less generic
    Well probably win while Copenhagen and Galatasaray draw.

And then one of them breaks the deadlock at the last minute.

RuudTom83

Bayern already qualified for the next stage was a plus until they got hammered 5-1 at the weekend.

They will respond and give United a slapping.

stefan92

Supports
    Hannover 96
    According to their press conference statements Bayern see this match as "a good chance to build up confidence again". Make of that what you will.

DickDastardly

It's actually quite easy for Erik this one.

Play the "young boys" as they labelled themselves on today's training session.

Hojlund upfront
    Garnacho left
    Amad right
    Midfield of Kobbie and Hannibal.

They looked quite happy today.

There's literally nothing to lose. Nobody is giving us much hope anyway, we don't depend on ourselves....

And if the kids pull one off on Bayern, well, that's a big boost.

GregM40

Onana
    Awb Varane Maguire Shaw
    Mainoo Amrabat
    Bruno
    Antony Hojlund Garnacho

I just want to see a half decent performance with some fight at this point.

neon_badger

Onana
    Awb Varane Maguire Shaw
    Mainoo Amrabat
    Bruno
    Antony Hojlund Garnacho

I just want to see a half decent performance with some fight at this point.
    It has to be this line up, otherwise Ten Hag is putting himself in serious trouble.

Irwin99

We will hang on and win this. Backs against the wall stuff. Only for one of the others to win and we end up in the pissing Europa to get bummed by the scousers.
    I've been weirdly optimistic about this game for a while for some reason, perhaps because Bayern have got nothing to play for, but we won't go through. Can't see the other game ending in a draw, I really can't.

always_hoping

Looking at people predicting the Bayern line up if right it will only be one change from the 4-3 loss against them in September and the one change is because injury with Gnabry out.

Why would Bayern already confirmed top of this group need to start with such a strong team?

tomaldinho1

1- 0 win with Onana pulling out a string of world-beater sales to save the win and redeem his earlier Champions league errors!
    He’s basically won and lost all our points. Errors and the stoppage time penalty save. Only right he decides the Bayern tie.

do.ob

Supports
    Borussia Dortmund
    Looking at people predicting the Bayern line up if right it will only be one change from the 4-3 loss against them in September and the one change is because injury with Gnabry out.

Why would Bayern already confirmed top of this group need to start with such a strong team?
    Tuchel needs a win. I could also see someone like Müller trying to mess with United just for the fun of it.

always_hoping

Tuchel needs a win. I could also see someone like Müller trying to mess with United just for the fun of it.
    Surely that needed win would be more focused in his mind against 3rd place Stuttgart in the German league this Sunday than tonight? looking at how error ridden United have been this season I don't think Bayern will need to play well or be that focused to win.

Last edited:

HTG

Supports
    Bayern
    Surely that needed win would be more focused in his mind against 3rd place Stuttgart in the German league this Sunday than tonight? looking at how error ridden United have been this season I don't think Bayern will need to play well or be that focused to win.
    No. We got humiliated against Frankfurt. Whatever our next game is, it has to be a convincing win. Can’t let the humiliation stand.

stefan92

Supports
    Hannover 96
    Surely that needed win would be more focused in his mind against 3rd place Stuttgart in the German league this Sunday than tonight?
    Tuesday-Sunday is a long time, so no need to rest players for that, especially not after a 10 day break that they had before this weekend.

And Tuchel needs a convincing win against United because Bayern is out of the cup, lost the Supercup, doesn't lead the Bundesliga and so far has shown underwhelming performances in the CL. He needs a statement in that competition to calm the critics.

HTG

Supports
    Bayern
    Just this one time? :(
    Well, that doesn’t mean you can’t win. There’s definitely a chance for you. But usually there’s an expectation that after defeats like this one, the next few games have to be convincing performances. Otherwise the coach gets into trouble.

always_hoping

Tuesday-Sunday is a long time, so no need to rest players for that, especially not after a 10 day break that they had before this weekend.

And Tuchel needs a convincing win against United because Bayern is out of the cup, lost the Supercup, doesn't lead the Bundesliga and so far has shown underwhelming performances in the CL. He needs a statement in that competition to calm the critics.
    CL group has been topped with a few games to spare or be I'd agree with underwhelming performances . League should be the main objective for Tuchel now until the knock out stages of the CL the statement victory can wait for Sunday in Allianz Arena whereby the home support in attendance will demand it.

HTG

Supports
    Bayern
    I dont know what he meant, but I always felt like Muller had some sort of hatred towards United for whatever reason.
    Don’t think so. I think it’s more of the opposite. You are a classically big club, like Real, Barca or Milan. I think for someone like Müller, these games are the most fun.

Unam333

Espect to be disappointed guys. I think we can win today, but with our luck we'll see a draw in the other fixture.

alsabi

Presume it doesn't have a direct bearing on Galatasaray's CL participation - but the Turkish league was just suspended indefinitely...

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
    Espect to be disappointed guys. I think we can win today, but with our luck we'll see a draw in the other fixture.
    Of the three scenarios possible, that's the best one for us?

The Best - We win, the other game is a draw and we qualify for the knockouts as the second placed team.

Slightly worse - We lose and finish last in the group and don't have a chance of entering the dreaded Europa..

The absolutely fecking worst - We win, there is a winner in the other game, we finish 3rd and enter Europa.

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    We are not going to win, we are going to be out of Europe. All I want is for us to start playing proper football. The players that have been starting are just not cutting it, Hag has his favourites, Hag has players he hates, the players don't want to run. I'd go full change, bring the youth in, they often have more desire than the trash we have on display already.

Bayinder
    Dalot varane maguire Shaw
    Hannibal mainoo
    Pellistri Bruno garnacho
    Mctominay

Yes you read, I'd play mctominay at top. Martial is just a waste, hojlund confidence is broke but Mctominay seems to always get in good positions. Hannibal and mainoo add energy, pellistri just because antony and rashford are so bad and amad is not fully fit.
    Don't be so defeatist.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 172 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bayern Munich win