Kick-off
Tue, 12 December 2023 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sixdwarf

You know what I've changed my mind. Don't sack Ten Hag. Don't give him what I think he wants. How else can you explain putting Pellistri and Hannibal on. Keep him working for his money. No pay off. Let him suffer.

Woziak

On your way ETH
    Exactly, you can’t lose 12 games before Xmas at United and keep your job your basically keep this rate up and the club will lose 25 games, has to go tonight, if not after Liverpool ?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
    Yes, I find it funny, has nothing to do with standards, them "toying with us" is as far from what this game was as it can be, funny indeed.

Oh yeah, I forgot, gears and all that shit. :wenger:
    Refuse to see it all you want. It’s was there in front of your eyes. They cruised to a victory when they didn’t need one and we did. We couldn’t even create a chance against them.

Thiagoal

When I consider some of the fantastic European nights in our history and compare it to the lacklustre show tonight… I feel deflated and realise just how far our once mighty club has fallen!

sixdwarf

Explain Varane not playing and the shite he spoke about he can’t play in the left CB Chanel and then he played him there today and then took him off to play Amrabat at CB !!!
    He wants the sack. It is sabotage. But he shouldn't get a pay off

evil_geko

Refuse to see it all you want. It’s was there in front of your eyes. They cruised to a victory when they didn’t need one and we did. We couldn’t even create a chance against them.
    While they had an amazing amount of three chances, the toying was glorious!

lex talionis

Pile of crap. ETH making his position unTenable. I don't dislike him much, but this is a game of results. Spent a fortune and bought nothing if value as far as I can see. None of his purchases have improved the team and we are down £250m...
    Good one!

JagUTD

And who bought the keeper ?
    Even so, you'd at least expect a professional goalkeeper to know the very basics of his craft.

We are talking about mistakes that will live through the ages, top every blunders list, be joked about on podcasts thousands of years in the future.

Ten Hag should never have bought him, De Gea should have not been allowed to leave. All true. But it happened and from that point, the blame is on Onana for his mistakes.

We can blame Ten Hag for many, many things but we don't have to pretend the players are not also at fault when it's fair to do so.

RopersReturn

Bar one of the Glazers keeling over, I honestly believe it’s going to take huge restructuring at the top before we start to see any realistic signs of recovery.

Jeffthered

Thing is, Bayern were not even that good this evening, was little more than an intense training excercise.

We have what we deserve, it's been a dreadful yet unsurprising campaign. It's an average team with an average coach. With players like we have, you need a manager with ideas and inspiration. We don't have that.

I would focus the rest of the season on playing the youngsters. Build the rest of the season around them.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
    While they had an amazing amount of three chances, the toying was glorious!
    Ok, I can’t quite believe you don’t think that Bayern were not playing at their utmost intensity and actually trying to go at us. They knew we were no threat, they didn’t need to do anything out of the ordinary and still strolled to a win. If you think that was them trying their utmost then you do you.

sixdwarf

When I consider some of the fantastic European nights in our history and compare it to the lacklustre show tonight… I feel deflated and realise just how far our once mighty club has fallen!
    The manager and the players don't care enough. As long as they get their ridiculous money they can put up with anything. The platitudes that we will hear are empty. I can't hear more 'apologies' and 'not good enough' guff.

Jeffthered

Can't say there is much to disagree on the previous comment on Onana. He actually cost us Europe with way too many blunders.

On Coman's goal... what the feck was that move by Onana? The goalkeeper should have the reflex of rushing the shooter in desperation.
    I worry when I read some comments. You think Onana cost Man Utd their place in CL? One player, one player is the reason we are out of a Champions League campaign? If you think Onana had any chance with Coman's goal this evening, then there isn't much to say.

At least we were more solid this performance, but we were not good enough. We are / were the poorest performing team in this group. Fact.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
    Exactly, you can’t lose 12 games before Xmas at United and keep your job your basically keep this rate up and the club will lose 25 games, has to go tonight, if not after Liverpool ?
    Can’t wait for you cnuts to have your way so we can go through this cycle again for the 6th or 7th time since SAF.

Kinky Melinky

Great interview with Harry. Always seems like a total legend of a lad. I don't know the ins and outs of our attempts to sign him, but would have loved him at United.

Woziak

He wants the sack. It is sabotage. But he shouldn't get a pay off
    Paying him off for 18 months at £10m is nothing in the grand scale of things, his tenure at United has finished so badly no elite club in Europe will look at him again?

His stubborn arrogance without foundation will soon see him returning to Ajax where he’ll produce a great Dutch team again, domestically but he’ll never do anything in Europe, he’s simply not tactically smart enough at European level.

Thiagoal

Paying him off for 18 months at £10m is nothing in the grand scale of things, his tenure at United has finished so badly no elite club in Europe will look at him again?

His stubborn arrogance without foundation will soon see him returning to Ajax where he’ll produce a great Dutch team again, domestically but he’ll never do anything in Europe, he’s simply not tactically smart enough at European level.
    I mean I’d love to agree with this but then think of how his Ajax side dismantled Real Madrid away from home and wonder what happened to that coach?

MrBest

He got Ajax to the semis and was unlucky to be defeated by late goals against Spurs. I'd say Ajax in the semis is a tremendous job. He also made them very tough to beat.

My issue with Hag is we don't see that football at United. It's like he has given up on his philosophy. He should be forcing his style and if players don't like it, drop them and sell them. That is exactly what Arteta did over a few years and now Arsenal are challengers. Too many managers at United fold on there own tactics and play the way the core players prefer to.

Woziak

Can’t wait for you cnuts to have your way so we can go through this cycle again for the 6th or 7th time since SAF.
    It’s not about getting rid of him for the sake of getting rid of him, I was a fan of ETH but his sheer stubborn arrogance and his inflexibility, he’s told us for the last 4 weeks Varane and Maguire can’t play together because neither can play through the left Chanel and then today he played them together, the guys lost 12 f…..games in 3 and half months of football, that’s literally a defeat every week with defeats at home to Palace, Galatasaray, Bournemouth, Brighton, Newcastle.

He’s changed the team then fell out with players at every turn, he’s bought absolute garbage, pushing new players to join his brothers Football Agency, I’m sorry but what part of the cycle restarting again is relevant, during those 6/7 cycles the club never gets any closer to being a PL or CL contender because the whole club needs a complete reset from top to bottom and the day the fans realise that is the day we start to get our club back.

Why would SIr Jim if he actually takes over change the infrastructure and then nchange CEO, change the DOF, create a new Head scout and other changes to keep a manager that basically loses a game every week or at best every other week are there really currently 20-25 teams better than Man United with our huge outlay in transfer fees and wages?

United need to act like a big club, which currently we are not and completely reset the whole management team.

Woziak

I mean I’d love to agree with this but then think of how his Ajax side dismantled Real Madrid away from home and wonder what happened to that coach?
    He’s certainly not at old Trafford, now is he ?

Woziak

He got Ajax to the semis and was unlucky to be defeated by late goals against Spurs. I'd say Ajax in the semis is a tremendous job. He also made them very tough to beat.

My issue with Hag is we don't see that football at United. It's like he has given up on his philosophy. He should be forcing his style and if players don't like it, drop them and sell them. That is exactly what Arteta did over a few years and now Arsenal are challengers. Too many managers at United fold on there own tactics and play the way the core players prefer to.
    He was also 2 goals up to spurs in that semi final and lost that lead, he did the same against Copenhagen and Galatasaray this year, he’s learnt very little?

Stubborn, arrogant and like most Dutch coaches his hubris has no bounds!

MrBest

He was also 2 goals up to spurs in that semi final and lost that lead, he did the same against Copenhagen and Galatasaray this year, he’s learnt very little?

Stubborn, arrogant and like most Dutch coaches his hubris has no bounds!
    I think comparing that game to your example is like comparing a apple with a lion bar. It's completely different. That Ajax team was unreal and even though they lost that game, they shocked a lot of Europe that season.

What's happening at United this season is just a joke. Hag has no philosophy, he has folded to his players. Hag at Ajax played his way.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
    That was deflating, as a fan.

I hope this opens some eyes when it comes to SJR and his people but it’s a big big project and it’s not going to be dealt with overnight.

This has to be the slowest United side for some time. There is absolutely nothing to drag us through.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
    Can’t believe all those blaming the manager. This club has been going down the swanny since the bloodsucking leeches took over. Somehow SAF kept the show going for a while but the writing has been on the wall for years.
    We are going to do nothing on the pitch till we sort it out off the pitch. Sacking another manager would be like rearranging the deck chairs on Titanic.
    By the way we lost out in the CL by not beating the Turks & Danes home and away not tonight.

LordSpud

If you can't understand the sinister goings-on at Manchester United with regards to player power and PR then I can't help you.

Four managers over five years have consistently picked the likes of McTominay despite him being not very good at... Well anything really.

There's definitely a "has to play" ethic going on at the club for some players. It's madness.

Wing Attack Plan R

Do you think Hojlund is able to do what Kane did?

Do you think that Hojlund will ever be able to do what Kane did?
    In the future? Why not? But he isn't anywhere near the level we need at the moment.
    When Harry Kane was 19, he was on loan at Millwall, where he had 22 appearances and 7 goals.
    When Kane was 20, he was on loan at Norwich. 3 appearances, 0 goals. Later that year, he was loaned to Leicester City. He had 13 appearances and 2 goals.
    So Kane at 20 was not setting the world on fire.

frostbite

When Harry Kane was 19, he was on loan at Millwall, where he had 22 appearances and 7 goals.
    When Kane was 20, he was on loan at Norwich. 3 appearances, 0 goals. Later that year, he was loaned to Leicester City. He had 13 appearances and 2 goals.
    So Kane at 20 was not setting the world on fire.
    When he was 20, James Wilson had 17 appearances and 2 goals for Man Utd. Unfortunately, many more footballers follow Wilson's path, than Kane's path. But the main thing is, nobody paid 70 million for 20-year-old Wilson (or 20-year-old Kane). Except for ETH.

Wing Attack Plan R

When he was 20, James Wilson had 17 appearances and 2 goals for Man Utd. Unfortunately, many more footballers follow Wilson's path, than Kane's path. But the main thing is, nobody paid 70 million for 20-year-old Wilson (or 20-year-old Kane). Except for ETH.
    The question was could Højlund put up numbers like Kane, and my point was that at 20 Kane was no beast. If anyone could have bought Kane for €70 million, they would have been stoked. Højlund is raw and inexperienced, who knows what heights he will hit. Could be world class someday, could be a donkey, but comparing him to Kane is silly.

Winrar

Can’t believe all those blaming the manager. This club has been going down the swanny since the bloodsucking leeches took over. Somehow SAF kept the show going for a while but the writing has been on the wall for years.
    We are going to do nothing on the pitch till we sort it out off the pitch. Sacking another manager would be like rearranging the deck chairs on Titanic.
    By the way we lost out in the CL by not beating the Turks & Danes home and away not tonight.
    400m spent and all this team could muster is 4 points out of 18 and finishing bottom in a group including Copenhagen and Galatasray? Manager absolutely shares a lion's shame of the blame. At the very least.

oz insomniac

400m spent and all this team could muster is 4 points out of 18 and finishing bottom in a group including Copenhagen and Galatasray? Manager absolutely shares a lion's shame of the blame. At the very least.
    As nice a person that ETH is, and his record in Eredevise is also good, the EPL is obviously a step too far for him and dare it be said even some of the Serie A managers. Time to reset the team and actually make an effort to move on the overpaid and underperforming players for whatever it costs and reshape the roster in the shape of whatever experienced manager they attract. If that doesn’t happen then we are in for another 5 to 10years of irrelevance .

MrBest

If you can't understand the sinister goings-on at Manchester United with regards to player power and PR then I can't help you.

Four managers over five years have consistently picked the likes of McTominay despite him being not very good at... Well anything really.

There's definitely a "has to play" ethic going on at the club for some players. It's madness.
    The good thing is I don't need you to help me because you ain't "the real lord".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 172 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bayern Munich win
  • Draw