Kick-off
Sat, 4 July 2020 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

siw2007

Are they really ? I watched them against Newcastle with a few defenders injured, Wilson suspended and Brooks looking rusty.

They have Solanke up front - enough said. 9 goals in 93 games.
    They have Lerma and Billing in central midfield. Lerma has scored about 10 goals in 200 matches, Billing 10 in 120. Brooks has 10 goals in 70 matches. Danjuma has 5 goals in 35 for Bournemouth and Club Brugge and Josh King has 4 goals in 20 matches this season

Where are the goals gonna come from ?
    We have sometimes made hard work of them in the past, part from when we beat them at home in 2016, it’s always been a tricky game.

They do have players who can cause problems like Wilson and King, who could easily score against us. If we get too cocky then it could be a frustrating game like in 2017.

It’s a game that we really should be winning convincingly, they have been very poor for a while now but in a world where West Ham can put 3 past Chelsea, you can’t take anything for granted.

Andersons Dietician

Why do people keep saying Williams for Shaw while the latter has been playing well and he's part of our current winning starting 11?

Don't you guys see that Ole trusts Shaw and rightly so.
    I like Shaw, think he is miles better than Williams but he’s played a lot of football since it started. Probably more than anyone bar Bruno and Maguire. If there is an opportunity to rest players then we have to take it. Although I think Williams probably should have played against Forrest instead.

I think given Ole took him off with Bruno and Pogba last game probably means they’ll be starters for this.

Alemar

We need to start Williams this time. Seriously, Bournemouth represent zero threat in attack, so Shaw may be given needed rest, whereas Williams is decent enough to cover.

Handré1990

We need to start Williams this time. Seriously, Bournemouth represent zero threat in attack, so Shaw may be given needed rest, whereas Williams is decent enough to cover.
    Shaw offered plenty in attack vs Brighton, this is one of the longest breaks between games we have before the season ends, and we’ve only played 4 games. I hope Shaw starts. He should be able to build confince and continue this good form imo.

romufc

Why change a winning team?

Bournemouth represent zero threat yet they beat us earlier on this season?

romufc

King is injured ;)

Fair enough, I just feel we cannot be complacent. Chelsea lost to a West Ham team that didnt look like they could score V Spurs.

We have tripped up too many times against such opposition.

Keep concentrated, the same intensity as the last 2.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
    If we win this game this will be the first time we'd won 3 consecutive games in the league this season.

Handré1990

Is he? He played the full 90 mins yesterday.
    Yeah, I stand corrected. I read he could be out for some time after they played Palace. He always seems to score when we play them. We’ll still win convincingly I think.

@Alemar that is good news. @romufc agreed, but I think Ole’s last presser give us the impression he‘s doing what he can to keep the players grounded. I feel confident that we’ll do what it takes to get the win.

KennyBurner

Why are people saying this is the first real test for Ole? Bournemouth have been terrible, should be an easy win..
    It’s his first real test given we are 6 games a way from a disastrous season under Ole.

Shark

@NotShark
    Why are people saying this is the first real test for Ole? Bournemouth have been terrible, should be an easy win..
    Probably because he's never really been able to fully capitalize on our opponents dropping points to finish in the top four, every time we've had chance to actually get in there we've blown it.

Raven

I'm hoping the only reason Luke Shaw keeps getting selected over Williams at the minute is because it will improve our hand when negotiating a fee when we sell him.
    Yeah, that not the reason he's being selected.

romufc

Yeah, I stand corrected. I read he could be out for some time after they played Palace. He always seems to score when we play them. We’ll still win convincingly I think.

@Alemar that is good news. @romufc agreed, but I think Ole’s last presser give us the impression he‘s doing what he can to keep the players grounded. I feel confident that we’ll do what it takes to get the win.
    I hope he does, Ole does give out good vibes in his pressers. I want to see the same as Brighton, go out there dominate the game score early goals and control the game.

Handré1990

I hope he does, Ole does give out good vibes in his pressers. I want to see the same as Brighton, go out there dominate the game score early goals and control the game.
    We all want that. I think the difference between now and the false dawns of the last several years is the great balance in our starting XI. We’ve quality all over the pitch, they can’t just double down on our left side anymore to stop the show. Looks like the players have come to the same realisation, we’ve switched play very well vs Sheffield and Brighton, but only scratched the surface of our potential imo. If they attack, we’ll kill them on the counter, if they defend deep, we have the patience and talent to break through. I can’t wait for Saturday! :D

prateik

Ryan Fraser isn't playing for them anymore, is he? Wilson is suspended too..

romufc

We all want that. I think the difference between now and the false dawns of the last several years is the great balance in our starting XI. We’ve quality all over the pitch, they can’t just double down on our left side anymore to stop the show. Looks like the players have come to the same realisation, we’ve switched play very well vs Sheffield and Brighton, but only scratched the surface of our potential imo. If they attack, we’ll kill them on the counter, if they defend deep, we have the patience and talent to break through. I can’t wait for Saturday! :D
    It is exactly what I am worried about, the false downs.

What I have noticed is we keep the ball so well up the field which allows us to maintain pressure.

The issue we had was the players were not good enough earlier. No disrespect to any of the players but James, Perreira, Lingard just could not take care of the ball. When they were pressured it was a nothing ball into the box or lose possession.

Now look how well Greenwood, Bruno, Pogba, Matic, Martial, Rashford keep hold of the ball.

Saying that, we still need to go there with the right attitude to win the game. I cannot wait.

Well imagine what could happen if Rashford and Pogba find their true form?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
    No changes needed. Keep this team rolling. If any change is made, perhaps Williams to give Shaw or AWB a rest. But even that isn't really needed. Play our best 11 for the rest of the season...

Handré1990

It is exactly what I am worried about, the false downs.

What I have noticed is we keep the ball so well up the field which allows us to maintain pressure.

The issue we had was the players were not good enough earlier. No disrespect to any of the players but James, Perreira, Lingard just could not take care of the ball. When they were pressured it was a nothing ball into the box or lose possession.

Now look how well Greenwood, Bruno, Pogba, Matic, Martial, Rashford keep hold of the ball.

Saying that, we still need to go there with the right attitude to win the game. I cannot wait.

Well imagine what could happen if Rashford and Pogba find their true form?
    I’m trying not to, I’m in public!:p

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Because he's a far better footballer, reads the game better, and most importantly more handsome, oh and he's a Manc to boot.
    Really not sure about much of this, and being right footed has a tendency to come in as well, taking width away.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
    I just want these games to come. When we play this well, all I want to do is watch us play.

We play at the same time as Leicester on Saturday, but have the advantage of playing before Chelsea - piling on the pressure on them again. Granted, it's against Watford but pressure is pressure.

Class of 63

Sourness
    Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
    Really not sure about much of this, and being right footed has a tendency to come in as well, taking width away.
    No harm in coming inside onto his right-foot as it opens up so many possibilities, but if he need too he's confident/competent enough to go outside and whip or stand-up a cross with his left.

I know if I was an opponent right-sided midfielder, or right-back which of the two i'd want coming at me. And i'll give you a clue it ain't Williams.

Marcelinho87

Because he is. He gets forward better and is more of a threat, and defensively though not yet as cute as Shaw he's got a far better understanding of the position.

Lindelof and Maguire have also played a massive part in the improvement as well, but most on the forum think we need an urgent upgrade on Lindelof, and Maguire doesn't get anywhere near the credit he deserves, yet you dare criticise Luke Shaw ....
    Maguire is outstanding, our best defender easily.

Lindelof still scares me a little sometimes.

Gator Nate

This is not the same squad that lost to Bournemouth last November.

Shaw > Young
    Bruno > Pereira
    Pogba > Fred
    Matic >= McTominay (heck, McTominay.Today > McTominay.November)
    Greenwood > James

Three on the bench
    One sometimes making the bench
    One no longer at the club

And I wouldn't call today's squad a "well-oiled machine" just yet. They're still learning each other. This is so much fun...

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
    This is not the same squad that lost to Bournemouth last November.

Shaw > Young
    Bruno > Pereira
    Pogba > Fred
    Matic >= McTominay (heck, McTominay.Today > McTominay.November)
    Greenwood > James

Three on the bench
    One sometimes making the bench
    One no longer at the club

And I wouldn't call today's squad a "well-oiled machine" just yet. They're still learning each other. This is so much fun...
    Yeah it’s stupid to compare November Bournemouth to current Bournemouth too.

2 completely different teams.

Gator Nate

Yeah it’s stupid to compare November Bournemouth to current Bournemouth too.

2 completely different teams.
    Probably, but going into Match Week 11, Bournemouth had scored 6 points on 5 matches (3 draws and a win) where United had only garnered 5 (2 draws and a win).

Coming into this week, Bournemouth have 1 point from 5 matches (scoring 4 goals, conceding 11) while we have 11 (scoring 10 goals, conceding 2).

We're on a roll, they're getting rolled.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Mason Greenwood image Mason Greenwood 81% of 383 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 371 ratings.

Score Predictions