Has a Sony home cinema
De Gea
Rafael---Ferdinand---Evans---Buttner
Fletcher
Cleverley---Anderson
Rooney
Chicharito---Welbeck

Bench: Lindegaard, Valencia, Smalling/Wootton, Kagawa, Carrick, RVP, Nani​
I'm wondering if we can fit Nani in as one of the two strikers in the diamond - he's looked dangerous the very few times he's been moved upfront for us (I'm thinking particularly of when he was moved upfront at maybe Stoke a couple of seasons ago when Chicharito got injured in the first minutes by Woodgate which should've been a red and penalty?).

With his striking ability and goal threat then maybe it could be interesting, and give us the option of adjusting to a wide game if necessary:

De Gea
Rafael---Ferdinand---Evans---Buttner
Fletcher
Cleverley---Anderson
Rooney
Chicharito---Nani

:confused:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I don't see any reason why not. He's certainly good enough.

Widnes

-----------------De Gea-----------------

Rafael------Wooton-----Evans-----Buttner

Nani-------Fletcher----Anderson----Kagawa
------------------Cleverley---------------
------------------Welbeck----------------

I know dropping the likes of Rio, Rooney, Van Persie and Carrick is a bit risky but I do think we have to keep a eye on Chelsea on the weekend while this team should be enough against Braga at Old Trafford with maybe a couple of quality players on the bench to come on if needed.

Forevergiggs

This should be easy 3 points. I'd give Rooney, RVP, Carrick, Rio & Evra some rest and have them on the bench.

DeGea
Valencia Evans Smalling Buttner
Fletcher Anderson
Nani Kagawa Young
Hernandez​

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I also think Valencia could play full back in this game, Rafael could get some rest. Or we could see Fletcher in that position.

Leg-End

We really don't need to worry about resting people in October, Tuesday to Sunday is plenty of a rest period. Lets get the group over and done with as soon as possible and have games to rest key players in the run up to Christmas.

Van Persie & Rooney look like they are beginning to partner up well, lets see them do it in the Champions League too and get some momentum. I'd much rather we head into the Chelsea game with those two having another 60-70 minutes game time together and hopefully some goals than knowing they got to rest their arses on the bench 10 games into the season.

Jonno

These are professional athletes. They should able to play every 3 days all season
I'm sure they can play every 3 days all season, but I'm sure Fergie would like to preserve their energy levels when he can to make Manchester United as a squad perform as good as they can for the whole season.

However after last season, I don't see Fergie changing more than 3 or 4 players from the weekend for the Braga game. He seems more focused than ever about this seasons Champions League campaign

steeeb

Lindegaard
Rafael Smalling Evans Buttner
Fletcher Cleverley Anderson
Kagawa Giggs
Hernandez

Bench: DDG, Rio, Powell, Carrick, Nani, Rooney, RVP

Havak

Pokemon master
Yep, no Rio.. Does that mean Smalling is fit? Or are we going to see Wootton start? Buttner to start as well but I expected that one. Not sure if Young will start or come off the bench..

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
ORLY? Has there been a presser today?
There has.

Yep, no Rio.. Does that mean Smalling is fit? Or are we going to see Wootton start? Buttner to start as well but I expected that one. Not sure if Young will start or come off the bench..
Oops. Should have mentioned about Smalling and Jones - Fergie said they're both two or three weeks away. Smalling's training with the reserves for a few days but non-contact. He's not said who will play instead but I'd imagine it'll be Wootton.

Cina

If going by what SAF has been doing with other players, Valencia should be dropped.

Hopefully see

DDG
Rafael - Rio - Evans - Buttner
Carrick
Cleverely - Anderson
Nani -Rooney - RVP​

Play a strong team and get the 12 points asap, no fannying about.

EDIT: No Rio. Carrick in CB with Fletcher taking his role I guess.

EDIT EDIT: Totally forgot Kagawa, put him in for RVP and we should still be ok. I'd like to see him and Nani linking up :drool:

And Young will be involved, erm, feck sake, my formation is totally out the window.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
And one more piece of lineup news - Kagawa will play as well:

"Shinji Kagawa didn't play on Saturday so he can prepare for tomorrow. Also, Stoke's a different team to any other side he's played. But mainly it was to give him a rest before tomorrow."

Cina

I grow more and more worried about Nani not starting now...

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fergie's response to Smalling's injury reminds me of the "2 weeks away" comment he used to make with Hargreaves.

Since he was meant to be back for the Stoke game it's likely there has been a slight set-back.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
----------Lindegaard
Rafael---Wooton--Evans--Buttner
--------Fletcher--Anderson
Nani-------Kagawa-----Cleverley
-----------Hernandez

Havak

Pokemon master
Lindegaard
Rafael Wootton Evans Buttner
Fletcher Anderson
Nani Kagawa Young
Hernandez​

I guess we can expect something similar to that. I would have hoped for Cleverley to start, but his only chance to play is if Fergie feels Fletch/Ando aren't needed (which I doubt as with no Rio we'd need better defensive midfield cover, which is arguably best provided by those two), or if Kagawa is shipped out wide and Cleverley plays in place of Nani, which I also doubt. Which striker (or strikers) Fergie picks is anyone's guess but I'd fancy Hernandez to get a start here and some minutes in the League Cup too.

Other than the likes of Welbeck, Rooney, and van Persie starting over Hernandez, I can't see much else other than this if Young doesn't start and we use a diamond:

Lindegaard
Rafael Wootton Evans Buttner
Fletcher
Cleverley Anderson
Kagawa
Rooney Hernandez​

With Young, Giggs, Nani etc coming off the bench.

Jonno

Lindegaard

Rafael Evans Carrick Buttner

Nani Fletcher Anderson Kagawa

Giggs

Hernandez​

- or he may just stick Rooney in again instead of Hernandez who has gone pretty blunt in recent months.

adam118

I hope we rest RVP to give Hernandez a game and to keep RVP fresh for Chelsea. Looks like Buttner will start, and I hope Smalling makes a return too.

Revan

Assumptionman
I would like something like:

De Gea

Rafael Carrick Evans Buttner

Fletcher Anderson Cleverley

Nani Chicharito Kagawa

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Braga are probably the 2nd best team in our group, so I don't expect a much weakened side. Rooney and RVP to play.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Given what we have been told by SAF, i think its something like:

DdG
Rafael, Evans, Wooten, Buttner
Fletcher, Anderson, Cleverley
Nani, Hernandez, Kagawa

or something like that.

I expect Powell, Young and Giggs to also get at least 30 mins each, assuming we can be in control of the game by then. Doubt Rooney, RvP, Valencia or carrick will get any game time given we have the Chavs at the weekend.

Wow, we have such a great squad right now!!! How do you esnure all get enough games to keep the match fit and sharp!!!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Braga are probably the 2nd best team in our group, so I don't expect a much weakened side. Rooney and RVP to play.
Doubt it very much. He has had enough games bak from injury and 3 in 10 days.

We have more than enough in Hernandez and Welbeck to win this withot risking both before a hue game this weekend.

Amir

No problem with resting Rio and Evra, but that should mean less tinkering with the rest of the team. Like starting with both our best strikers on the bench.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Fletcher, Anderson, Cleverley, Buttner, Giggs, Young, Powell, Hernandez, Lindegaard all needing match time (and Jones, Smalling & Vidic out injured).

What an amazing squad!!!!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Would be awesome to see Scotty Wootton, again. Somehow, I'm confident, he has a very productive and long future with this club.

Powell and Buttner could also get their chance while Young will definitely need some minutes on the pitch, before crazy fixtures against Chelsea.

C'mon United !

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I'm hoping Wootton since Rio is to be rested as I want as many central-defensive options available with our constant injuries there, so Wootton needs the experience to become a real option for us. That said, I think Sir Alex will opt for Carrick in defence, with Fletcher and another in central-midfield; Kagawa and a striker ahead of them, with wingers on both sides.

I don't think it'll be the diamond based on what he said about that formation going against the traditions of the club, particularly at home.

So I'd expect something like:

De Gea
Rafael===Evans===Carrick===Buttner
Valencia===Fletcher===Giggs===Young
Kagawa
Chicharito​

... which will mean a long night, but might be enough for a narrow win to kill the group.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Doubt it very much. He has had enough games bak from injury and 3 in 10 days.

We have more than enough in Hernandez and Welbeck to win this withot risking both before a hue game this weekend.
Try wrap the game up in the first 60 mins then bring him off then. No fecking around, Braga are no mugs.

Widnes

heard that SAF said Rio will be rested so if true I would expect Wooton to start

prateik

Hope it is Wootton and not Carrick at the back. Carrick is our CM.. If he doesnt start, rest him. And its always great to see youngsters get a chance.

-------Fletch
----Clev-Anderson
Nani-----------Kagawa
-------Chico

Would be nice

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
We really don't need to worry about resting people in October, Tuesday to Sunday is plenty of a rest period. Lets get the group over and done with as soon as possible and have games to rest key players in the run up to Christmas.

Van Persie & Rooney look like they are beginning to partner up well, lets see them do it in the Champions League too and get some momentum. I'd much rather we head into the Chelsea game with those two having another 60-70 minutes game time together and hopefully some goals than knowing they got to rest their arses on the bench 10 games into the season.
Agree with this. I don't see the obsession with resting everybody on this forum. It's the sort of disrespected that screwed us over last year in the Champions League.

Win the game early, then you can worry about resting players. Tuesday to Sunday is a long way away.

With all that said this is what I expect to see:

De Gea

Rafael Evans Wooton Buttner

Nani Cleverley Fletcher Anderson Kagawa

Rooney​

Or maybe Rooney in for Anderson/Cleverley and RvP up top.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
If going by what SAF has been doing with other players, Valencia should be dropped.
No, he shouldn't. Still probably will be as we've got Chelsea away coming up.

I grow more and more worried about Nani not starting now...
Now that explains a lot.

Devil may care

It will be interesting to see our line-up tomorrow with the Chelsea game in mind. With Kagawa confirmed I'd like to see him play behind Hernandez and test that combination out.

Hopefully Anderson and Fletcher get starts and Young off the bench rather than starting ahead of Nani or Valencia.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
DDG
Rafael Wooton Evans Buttner
Nani Giggs Anderson Young
Kagawa Hernandez