Kick-off
Sat, 7 October 2023 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

James35

Maguire has to come in and play Lindelof as full back. We need Amrabat in midfield, he has been exposed as left back but also showed how quality he is on the ball and how much he gets around. I’d drop Bruno and play Eriksen as the 10 with Rashford right, Garnacho left of Hojlund.

also bring in that Turkish chap.

however I see Antony playing and Amrabat staying left back etc…Brentford win, EtH on the verge.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
    I'm going to boldly predict that we'll have some moments where we look decent but will ultimately be undone by an inability to score from promising chances because of stupid decision making and will then concede after making mistakes that a Sunday league team would be embarrassed by.

That or we'll just roll over and get hammered (but not without the stupid decision making up front and complete incompetence at the back)

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
    EtH has to come in and show that he lives by the standards he's willing to talk about in the interviews and press conferences.

He can't persist with the same team, the same system.

Whether it makes any difference, you could drop any of the keeper, the centre backs, midfielders or 'wingers' right now with complete justification.

If he doesn't show a willingness to drop say two of the super stinky out of form players then personally I'm just about out of patience and will wait for the writing on the wall to become Statement FC's latest and greatest Sky Sports News ticker moment. I truly hope it doesn't come to that, but something has to give one way or another.

The Hilton

EtH has to come in and show that he lives by the standards he's willing to talk about in the interviews and press conferences.

He can't persist with the same team, the same system.

Whether it makes any difference, you could drop any of the keeper, the centre backs, midfielders or 'wingers' right now with complete justification.

If he doesn't show a willingness to drop say two of the super stinky out of form players then personally I'm just about out of patience and will wait for the writing on the wall to become Statement FC's latest and greatest Sky Sports News ticker moment. I truly hope it doesn't come to that, but something has to give one way or another.
    The system won't change, and nor should it, we'll never move away from Mou/Ole style football unless we commit to the new system. On top of that, the system itself isn't the problem, it's the errors that players are making.

However there are definitely big decisions to be made around our players who are low on confidence or have made big mistakes. Lindelof should probably be dropped, he's been awful recently. Onana has had a couple of terrible, high profile mistakes, but dropping him could affect his confidence more. Rashford too has been holding us back, but it's down to low confidence so dropping him will make it worse, unless he can come off the bench to score against tired defenders to build it back up.

Todd

What I would play:

-----------------Højlund--------------------
    -------------------------------------------------
    Nacho-------Eriksen---------Antony
    --------------------------------------------------
    ----------Mejbri-------Amrabat---------
    Dalot-----------------------------Lindelof
    -------------Slab-----Varane--------------
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ----------------Bayindir----------------------

What he's going to play:

-----------------Højlund--------------------
    -------------------------------------------------
    Rashford------Bruno---------Antony
    ----------Mount-------Casemiro--------
    Amrabat-----------------------------Dalot
    -------------Lindelöf-----Varane---------
    ---------------------------------------------------
    -------------------Onana----------------------

They've shithoused their way to four draws in seven matches, and that's what I expect in this.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Football isn't that complicated but ten hag is trying to be way too clever. Let's go a bit simpler. Conceding too many goals? How about you try to solidify it with a more defensive set up? Rocket science, I know. How about let's drop the players who are playing like shit too. Let's play players closer to their actual positions too.

Hojlund
    Garnacho Mount Antony
    Amrabat casemiro
    Dalot Maguire Varane Lindelof
    Altay
    Anything else is being overly loyal to underperformers, overthinking things, trying to be too clever, not playing those who deserve it, etc.
    When your best creator in an eleven is probably Antony, you are going to struggle. Garnacho doesn’t create at all. Mount hasn’t really shown that at United so far, Casemiro is very sporadic and Amrabat is very conservative. You’ve got Dalot on his unnatural side and a CB on the other side.

You’ve just watched a game where we played well and dominated for 65 mins, then reactively thrown out all the players who created all the chances, despite them not being at all culpable for the collapse. I don’t get it.

el3mel

It should be a straightforward win but you never know with United.

abailey123

I’m playing 3-4-1-2 here - we need to try something different to find the balance.

Bayindir

Varane Maguire Lindelof

Antony Casemiro Amrabat Dalot

Bruno

Hojlund. Rashford

Bwuk

Had enough. I’d be dropping half of them. 3 at the back, we don’t have full backs anyway.

Heaton
    Varane - Evans - Maguire
    Casemiro - Amrabat
    Dalot - Hannibal - Mount - Antony
    Hojlund​

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
    Antony will come back which means Hannibal will miss out.

Rest nothing will change unless ofcourse any of our LB becomes available. All who played today apart from Hannibal and defenders are his first choice players and he rarely make any change from that

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
    Supports
    A Free Palestine
    Bayindir

Dalot
    Evans
    Varane
    Lindelof

Amrabat
    Hannibal
    Mount

Garnacho
    Hojlund
    Antony

shazzmufc

I’ve been a United supporter since I was 6 years old (33 today). This is going to be my first time at Old Trafford to watch us play - coming all the way from Ghana.

Can we please not lose? Thanks

RuudTom83

Playing Varane twice a week is always a risk.

Injury prone or out of form…that is who the manager has to pick from at the moment.

Not looking forward to this one.

el diablorojo

Supports
    Brentford
    Two teams with eye watering injury lists - result is anybody’s guess.

OrcaFat

The system won't change, and nor should it, we'll never move away from Mou/Ole style football unless we commit to the new system. On top of that, the system itself isn't the problem, it's the errors that players are making.

However there are definitely big decisions to be made around our players who are low on confidence or have made big mistakes. Lindelof should probably be dropped, he's been awful recently. Onana has had a couple of terrible, high profile mistakes, but dropping him could affect his confidence more. Rashford too has been holding us back, but it's down to low confidence so dropping him will make it worse, unless he can come off the bench to score against tired defenders to build it back up.
    I’d rest Rashford and bring him on at 60mins regardless of the match situation and just see if that change of perspective gets him a goal which is probably all he needs.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    He has to pick that back 4, move Amrabat into midfield and only pick one of Mount and Bruno. I think he has to stick with Onana as he needs that signing to work.
    I have faith onana will be good. But he needs taking out of the limelight. As do Rashford and Bruno. Forcing them through it isn't helping

bosnian_red

When your best creator in an eleven is probably Antony, you are going to struggle. Garnacho doesn’t create at all. Mount hasn’t really shown that at United so far, Casemiro is very sporadic and Amrabat is very conservative. You’ve got Dalot on his unnatural side and a CB on the other side.

You’ve just watched a game where we played well and dominated for 65 mins, then reactively thrown out all the players who created all the chances, despite them not being at all culpable for the collapse. I don’t get it.
    Amrabat at left back roaming into midfield is a problem. Dalot is a decent left back. Lindelof can play on the right. Our defence has been beyond shambolic for weeks. Start basic and gain confidence by being more solid.

Bruno needs dropping. He wasn't even that creative. He was garbage. Rashford needs dropping as well. Garnacho can be a big threat, Antony can be a threat, mount in there will do far better than anyone else right now. Sometimes it's more about finding the right balance of work rate, energy, sending a message through benching guys that deserve it... we are a mess in our build up and putting amrabat in there next to casemiro will help address that. That's step 1.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Amrabat at left back roaming into midfield is a problem. Dalot is a decent left back. Lindelof can play on the right. Our defence has been beyond shambolic for weeks. Start basic and gain confidence by being more solid.

Bruno needs dropping. He wasn't even that creative. He was garbage. Rashford needs dropping as well. Garnacho can be a big threat, Antony can be a threat, mount in there will do far better than anyone else right now. Sometimes it's more about finding the right balance of work rate, energy, sending a message through benching guys that deserve it... we are a mess in our build up and putting amrabat in there next to casemiro will help address that. That's step 1.
    I agree with your back four, but the front of your team feels reactive against the scoreline, rather than what players are actually doing when on the pitch.

bosnian_red

I agree with your back four, but the front of your team feels reactive against the scoreline, rather than what players are actually doing when on the pitch.
    Who is reactive? Bruno and Rashford? They've been tumescent for weeks. Sometimes it's more about the message. Garnacho for Rashford is a no brainer choice with how out of form Rashford is. Amrabat next to Casemiro is a no brainer choice to tighten up the midfield and give us more control and more options to build up. It's Bruno or Mount for the 10, and Mount has been far better the past few games IMO. I can trust him on the ball, he's much better off it. We're at a point where we need to make aggressive changes in our team to send a message and have an impact. Slight changes won't do shit. It's make or break time for our season.

Rashford will find form again, but it's better to take him out until then. Same with Bruno. Let them be impact subs, let Garnacho and Mount start in those roles as they've actually done well. Antony on the right just because he's all we have. I really can't stress enough that we need to go back to basics and go for simple solutions to our issues. Which is add more legs and a proper partner for Casemiro, and play players in their proper positions (where possible), and just drop guys out of form. None of that team above is out of form really. The main 3 culprits are Onana, Bruno and Rashford. We gotta deal with them.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Who is reactive? Bruno and Rashford? They've been tumescent for weeks. Sometimes it's more about the message. Garnacho for Rashford is a no brainer choice with how out of form Rashford is. Amrabat next to Casemiro is a no brainer choice to tighten up the midfield and give us more control and more options to build up. It's Bruno or Mount for the 10, and Mount has been far better the past few games IMO. I can trust him on the ball, he's much better off it. We're at a point where we need to make aggressive changes in our team to send a message and have an impact. Slight changes won't do shit. It's make or break time for our season.

Rashford will find form again, but it's better to take him out until then. Same with Bruno. Let them be impact subs, let Garnacho and Mount start in those roles as they've actually done well. Antony on the right just because he's all we have. I really can't stress enough that we need to go back to basics and go for simple solutions to our issues. Which is add more legs and a proper partner for Casemiro, and play players in their proper positions (where possible), and just drop guys out of form. None of that team above is out of form really. The main 3 culprits are Onana, Bruno and Rashford. We gotta deal with them.
    I don’t get how anyone could have watched Rashford tonight and feel the team would be better off without him. He was doing everything a centre forward would want from a wide forward, even if not quite in execution. So much so that I think Garnacho could end up competing with Antony for minutes, as Rashford playing like that on the right with a centre forward worth providing for, could be a better alternative to Antony over there.

bstb3

I’ve been a United supporter since I was 6 years old (33 today). This is going to be my first time at Old Trafford to watch us play - coming all the way from Ghana.

Really hope you enjoy it mate. You realise though if we win, you can't leave?

redshaw

A consolation win or a kickstart for Brentford. Doesn't really matter.

city-puma

Really hope you have a wonderful experience then. If ETH is still clueless, I can’t imagine what will happen.

bosnian_red

I don’t get how anyone could have watched Rashford tonight and feel the team would be better off without him. He was doing everything a centre forward would want from a wide forward, even if not quite in execution. So much so that I think Garnacho could end up competing with Antony for minutes, as Rashford playing like that on the right with a centre forward worth providing for, could be a better alternative to Antony over there.
    Oh I agree that rashford on the right is something we should look for. I think he started quite well in fact. His 2nd half was very poor though and i think it would do him well to sit one out, at least from the start. He tends to have a good impact from the bench, but also just for him to chill out mentally. He's extremely low on confidence as evidenced by that 2nd half chance.

Mainly I think having a team where everyone pulls their weight defensively will have a big change and is needed short term. Rashford will work his way back in, but I really think he needs some bench time and give Ten Hags been subbing him off, I don't think he's far off doing it.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
    Onana will start, it’s not the game to bring in a replacement, they’ll be under even more pressure.

Have to move Amrabat into midfield for some protection. I would play Maguire as he is solid in the air and I feel Brentford will be putting as much pressure on from set pieces and crosses.

Onana
    Lindelof Varane Maguire Dalot
    Casemiro Amrabat
    Antony Mount Rashford
    Hojlund​

No way ETH drops Bruno though, so expect him to start. I liked the look of Eriksen, so wouldn’t mind him starting but only over Bruno and moving Mount to the right.

We just have to stop with the Hollywood balls every third pass and get some control on games. I like Case but he constantly is whipping the ball upfield and it gives the opposition possession constantly. We should tire them through control and hit them when it matters.

I would be trying to keep the ball and keep Brentford’s attacks down to the odd corner, free kick and long shot. We cannot be giving them free roam of our midfield

Slevs

likes to play with penises
    Onana

Lindelof (urgh) Varane Maguire Dalot (urgh)

Casemiro Amrabat

Mount

Antony Hojlund Garnacho

Guarantee our general performance goes up several levels if we play this team.

No more stupid wasted chances, passes, dribbles by Bruno and Rashford.
    Dalot and Lindelof only play because everyone else seems to be injured.

Real Name

ETH needs to make changes or we'll lose again. Bruno, Onana, maybe Rashford out. Put Amrabat in the middle, no more this LB waffle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 298 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brentford win
  • Draw