Sat, 7 October 2023 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    Football isn't that complicated but ten hag is trying to be way too clever. Let's go a bit simpler. Conceding too many goals? How about you try to solidify it with a more defensive set up? Rocket science, I know. How about let's drop the players who are playing like shit too. Let's play players closer to their actual positions too.

Hojlund
    Garnacho Mount Antony
    Amrabat casemiro
    Dalot Maguire Varane Lindelof
    Altay
    Anything else is being overly loyal to underperformers, overthinking things, trying to be too clever, not playing those who deserve it, etc.
    Yep. We aren’t playing Ajax ball with so many players out, so we just need to be pragmatic and tough to beat. I’d go for something like this.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
    We play a lot of Saturday 3pm KOs at the moment. Usually it would be one every 5 or 6 weeks. Broadcasters have finally twigged that we are just an awful spectacle.

Jacko21

We play a lot of Saturday 3pm KOs at the moment. Usually it would be one every 5 or 6 weeks. Broadcasters have finally twigged that we are just an awful spectacle.
    Not sure I’d really expect broadcasters to select United vs Forest/Palace/Brentford at Old Trafford.

The Brighton one was maybe a bit surprising, but the others not so much.

VivaRonaldo85

If they turn up, there’ll tear us to shreds. That’s Brentford football club. I’m done.

M16Red

Had enough. I’d be dropping half of them. 3 at the back, we don’t have full backs anyway.

Heaton
    Varane - Evans - Maguire

Casemiro - Amrabat
    Dalot - Hannibal - Mount - Antony
    Hojlund​
    That is a scary back four. I can't believe this could even be a possibility for Manchester United.

Hester_manc

......................Onana.......

Lindelöf.Varane.Maguire.Dalot
    ..........Casemiro.Eriksen...........
    ...................Mount..................
    Antony............................Rashford
    ..................Højlund....................

Brentford wins 2-1

.Phil1968

I bet Brentford are champing at the bit knowing we're their next opposition. I can see another afternoon of dramas and swear words. Hopefully a win but I wouldn't put any money on it

zaafi

We know what's coming. Rashford and Bruno will play from the start and probably the full 90 minutes and we'll end up losing or drawing. It's so predictable, but Ten Hag seems to persist with it.

Dannn411

Line-up:

Bayindir (You have to send a message to Onana)

Dalot/Lindelof, Varane, Maguire/Lindelof,
    Dalot/Reguilon

Hannibal, Amrabat

Antony, Mount, Garnacho

Hojlund

Off the bench: Eriksen, Rashford, Martial.

Neither Bruno nor Casemiro deserve any minutes.

Zico1982

My take for the Brentford game:

...................................................Onana.......................................................

Lindelöf...................Varane..........................Maguire.......................Dalot..

.................................Casemiro.....................Amrabat..................................

.....................................................Eriksen.....................................................
    ................Mount...........................................................Rashford.................

......................................................Höjlund....................................................

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
    Onana I think has to start, I know conventional wisdom is saying drop him and send a message but we might as well sell him in January cause he'll be destroyed otherwise.

Go 4-3-3

Garnacho - Hojlund - Antony
    Eriksen - Amrabat - Casemiro
    Lindelof - Maguire - Varane - Dalot
    Onana

Bring Bruno and Rashford off the bench if needed.

That said, I think Bruno and Rashford are playing because he never drops them and we'll play one of Eriksen/Hannibal in the middle with Casemiro and Amrabat at LB.

We'll concede early again and then get done on the counter when searching for a goal.

Zico1982

I'd keep Onana in, despite his abysmal performances as of lately. If we put him on the bench now, he is burned.

Lindelöf and Dalot is the closest we come to put two backs on the pitch right now. Please no Amrabat.

Varane and Maguire are slow but experienced and physical. It's Evans or Maguire. I'd go with Maguire.

Casemiro and Amrabat is the way to go in the pivot. We need Eriksen and Mount further up the pitch.

Eriksen to replace Bruno at 10. He still does it for Denmark, and he still got it. Way better than Bruno right now.

Mount and Rashford on the wings. With Case/Amra/Eriksen they will get better service. It's Garnacho or Rashford.

Höjlund. No comment needed after yesterday.

Hannibal deserves to play, and would be my first option from the bench. Garnacho (who was really good in his cameo) the second., Bruno, Anthony, Martial (who did fine as well), Evans as options from the bench.

This team is the one to smash the beehive. If played (I fear it won't) I predict a safe win.

astracrazy

Hojlund
    Garnacho - Mount/Mejbri - Antony/Mount
    Amrabat - Casemiro
    Lindelof - Evans - Varane - Dalot
    Bayindir​

Marwood

Football isn't that complicated but ten hag is trying to be way too clever. Let's go a bit simpler. Conceding too many goals? How about you try to solidify it with a more defensive set up? Rocket science, I know. How about let's drop the players who are playing like shit too. Let's play players closer to their actual positions too.

Hojlund
    Garnacho Mount Antony
    Amrabat casemiro
    Dalot Maguire Varane Lindelof
    Altay
    Anything else is being overly loyal to underperformers, overthinking things, trying to be too clever, not playing those who deserve it, etc.
    Dropping players is easier said than done.

You've got Varane and Lindelof in there, both were terrible last night. Antony hasn't done anything before his absence. Maguire has been poor for two seasons. But you've got them starting.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Dropping players is easier said than done.

You've got Varane and Lindelof in there, both were terrible last night. Antony hasn't done anything before his absence. Maguire has been poor for two seasons. But you've got them starting.
    Drop where possible. Play players on their correct positions, or as close to it as we can given fullback injuries. Dalot has played plenty at LB both out at Milan or here. Lindelof has played RB in the past. The midfield duo is the main thing to address the gaps and to do that, we need to use Dalot at left back which means Lindelof needs to go to RB. And then you're left with Varane, Maguire or Evans. Maguire has actually done pretty well when he's played this season, even in pre season. It makes sense.

Antony, yeah he hasn't done great but he works hard, hold width, balances the team by being a left footer out there... when you are a team low on confidence, you have to start with a balanced side, you have to plug gaps, and try to grind things out a bit. As it is, a normal 4-2-3-1 with 2 inverted wingers who like running with the ball and a full team of hard working players is quite good and probably would give us a very good performance.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    I will not watch this game.

Galata is still too painfull to me.

I would freshen up the team with 5 changes, and using the 5 substitutions to add the players.

----------------------------------------------------Onana-------------------------------------------------------
    Lindelof---------------------------Varane--------------Maguire-------------------------------Dalot
    -----------------------------------------Amrabat-------Eriksen-------------------------------------------
    Antony------------------------------------------Mount---------------------------------------Garnacho
    ----------------------------------------------------Martial-------------------------------------------------------

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    Can't see us winning, best we can get is a draw.

Marcus

Let's play counter attacking football and win this. No shame in that given our state. United's downfall in recent times happened when we thought we should be playing more progressive football and changed our approach.

garelo

Onana
    Linda - Varane - Maguire - Dalot
    Mount - Casemiro - Amrabat - Rashford
    Eriksen
    Hojlund

garelo

Let's play counter attacking football and win this. No shame in that given our state. United's downfall in recent times happened when we thought we should be playing more progressive football and changed our approach.
    not sure we have personel to play progressive football either with our manager wasted 2 summers by signing ZERO deep lying playmaker.

dutchred

Onana
    Mainoo Varane Casemiro Dalot
    Amrabat Mejbri
    Mason
    Rashford Hojlund Garnacho

Last edited:

Gandalf

I will not watch this game.

Galata is still too painfull to me.

I would freshen up the team with 5 changes, and using the 5 substitutions to add the players.

----------------------------------------------------Onana-------------------------------------------------------
    Lindelof---------------------------Varane--------------Maguire-------------------------------Dalot
    -----------------------------------------Amrabat-------Eriksen-------------------------------------------
    Antony------------------------------------------Mount---------------------------------------Garnacho
    ----------------------------------------------------Martial-------------------------------------------------------
    Why on earth would you drop Rasmus after he scored a brace and was just about the only positive from last night? The only person on earth who would agree with you is Thomas Frank.

FerociousCorgis

id go garnacho hojlund rashford front 3, midfield 3 of amrabat, casemiro, mount, and pack the back 4 with all defenders, no more of this midfielders as fullbacks. Prob means bringing back maguire unfortunately, shunt lindelof to rb or something then i guess. Pushing it with varane fitness to play yet again, but prob has to be done. Think you just have to give Onana another shot, not like our backup GKs are any good. Bayindir or whatever his name has a blooper real to put onana to shame, and heaton or whatever isnt exactly a stud.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    but pretty soon they'll twig that they can cover "shock results" and have us playing teams they don't cover quite as much usually - can see the Luton game being covered, for example

Mickson

Onana
    Dalot, Varane, Maguire, Reguilon
    Mainoo, Amrabat
    Antony, Mount, Rashford
    Hojlund

Pass the ball, keep the ball, don't do anything stupid, breath, make a good decision.

2-0.

Wing Attack Plan R

We simply must win this one. I'm plumping for a couple of changes, Onana to sit one out, Bruno to start on the bench, Rashford to start on the bench. I'd like to see the midfield of Mount, Casemiro, Amrabat, and Hannibal. Tempted to start Johnny Evans over Varane too, have to watch his miles. Garnacho and Antony to start, Gore and Eriksen to come on as subs. 2-1 United.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 298 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brentford win
  • Draw