Manchester United vs. Cardiff City

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Old issues linger in midfield, but there was more confidence there which made it a lot easier for them. When the fans aren't edgy it really helps.

Good to see Mata have a hand (albeit very small) in both goals. Good to see Young also have a hand in the goals. But unfortunately we couldn't control possession because of the personnel we had in midfield but that'll change.

Varun

Staff
Good 2nd half. Could easily have been 4-5 goals tonight with some luck.

Blue always red

Our pressing game was good today, even up the the last 5 minutes. However, our midfield deficiencies were highlighted again. There is a severe lack of control in the middle of the pitch, and as a result we have to play a very laboured game relying more on individual brilliance than on team performance. There is nobody to dictate a tempo for us, instead its all very slow and lethargic. Often, our creative players find pockets of space in between the opposition midfield, but our midfielders do not take the pass, instead opting for a different approach and I just sit there and wonder why?!? Hell, even Cleverley picks up these positions! Its one the reasons I think Kagawa hasn't been successful but hopefully we'll find someone to fill that role for us.

We're also finally looking like a David Moyes team when we attack. We were very narrow, with the fullbacks providing most of the width and our wingers tucking in centrally. It was nice to see, and hopefully we'll kick on from here. Need to improve the runs we make still. Instruct the players to trust each other, instead of standing there expecting the ball to come to your feet.

.Phil1968

Had a crap stream but was that Cardiff fans singing Same old English always cheating when Evans fouled Mutch ? Evans the Irishman against Jordon James Edward Sydney Mutch :lol: who was born in Derby.

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
Had a crap stream but was that Cardiff fans singing Same old English always cheating when Evans fouled Mutch ? Evans the Irishman against Jordon James Edward Sydney Mutch :lol: who was born in Derby.
Yep they did, classy bunch :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Time for the next match thread? I'm not qualified to start it at such a crucial time of the season.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
MY TEAM AGAINST CARDIFF
If Rooney, Van Persie & Fellaini are back
If Ferdinand, Vidic, Carrick & Nani are out
If Fabio and Zaha are on loan

Starting XI:..........De Gea
Rafael.......Jones................Smalling.......Evra
.............Cleverley...............Fellaini
Young...................Rooney.................Kagawa
.........................Chicharito

Bench: Lindegaard, Evans, Fletcher, Mata, Januzaj, Van Persie, Welbeck
Young? YOUNG?
Who else? WHO ELSE?

Young was okay in the last weeks

Januzaj: He needs a break
Valencia: He's shit and i have enough of him (I can't believe he's in starting XI of so many other people :houllier: )
Nani: Injured
Welbeck: I don't like him on the wings
Mata: I wouldn't start him after just two training sessions
:D

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
No problem, if you need a link PM me. Just a word of warning though, it's not an easy task and can be very frustrating. I only watched it once on the ipad, the first stream wasn't loading or working but the second one did.
Aye, I gave up after a little bit of messing around. Decided just watch the highlights on Sky after the game.

Thanks anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.