Manchester United vs. Cardiff City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Fellaini is probably back..........Jones in midfield again???
Considering how things go when Moyes throws players back in straight after injury we'd probably want to avoid starting Fellaini.

Jones is an option as you say, although as someone alluded to on the previous page i wonder if we might find himself for this one, in which case Smalling goes to right back and Jones replaces him at CB.

*shrugs* If Moyes insists on 4-4-2 he isn't left with many good choices (or any arguably).

Ferguson

This'll be a test of Fletcher's fitness. I bet the original plan was to have Fletcher play midweek and Cleverley in his place on the weekend.

surf

Mata in for Januzaj who should be given a 3 week break in somewhere like Barbados. Jones for Carrick. Heather Mills for Valencia.

ricky-romeo

----------------de gea-----------------
rafael-------smalling----evans------evra
-------fletcher---------cleverley-------
----mata-------kagawa------young----
----------------welbeck---------------

dmode

Why the feck are we not playing during the weekend? Internationals or something? It's so depressing not seeing us getting beaten week in week out... :)

Devil may care

With Carrick out, Vidic suspended, Rooney and RvP doubtful and Mata perhaps not signed in time this is going to be tough.

De Gea

Rafael
Evans
Smalling
Evra

Valencia
Jones
Cleverley
Januzaj

Welbeck
Hernandez

Gerald G

De Gea
Rafael--Smalling--Evans--Evra
Fletcher--Jones
Valencia--Kagawa--Januzaj
Welbeck

Until Moyes gives an update on the Rooney/van Persie injury situation. Maybe one or two on the bench.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
----------------Mata-----------------
Mata-------Mata----Mata------Mata
-------Mata---------Mata-------
----Mata-------Mata------Mata----
----------------Mata---------------

Ole on the subs bench.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
feck the bench, Mata should start - it's not like he isn't match fit, and he's the instant impact our side need.

Imagine if we're 2 or 3 up at half time with him playing brilliantly? The place will be buzzing!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really though, there is no real reason Mata shouldn't start, apart from not knowing his teammates yet, is there? He's more fit then our other attacking players considering Januzaj is knackered and we don't want to burn him out before the season is done, Rooney and RVP are coming back from injury or are still injured, all our other players are either plain shit and play like they don't know each other anyways or just are out of form.
I'm guessing we'll go something like:
De gea
Rafael Smalling Evans Evra
Jones Fletcher
Young Kagawa Mata
Hernandez​
Then if Rooney is fit, put him for Hernandez, maybe Valencia on the right for Young, maybe Cleverley or Giggs in for Fletcher. Back 5 or 6 seems set though.

Jacob

Our midfield is still horrid. Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley, Fellaini, Jones.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I don't consider myself overly squeamish yet even i would shudder at all of the blood on the carpet were Mata to start, just consider the reaction when people see him starting on the right and Valencia on the left of a 4-4-2, not to be contemplated.

Glanville95

Hopefully Mata can be the catalyst for a surge back up table and instrumental in claiming a top four place. I feel positive about the Cardiff game even if Mata is only the solution to some problems and their are underlying weaknesses it the team that far outweigh what Mata can solve.

Still the psychological and morale boost that this signing will mean to the club, fans and squad is monumental and I fully expect it to have a big effect on this game whether Mata starts or comes off the bench. Just hope that Ole doesn't inflict more misery - which is a common theme this year.

De Gea
Rafael - Smalling - Evans - Evra
Fletcher - Jones
Mata - Kagawa - Young
Welbeck

Subs: Lindegaard, Fellaini, Cleverley, Valencia, Januzaj, Rooney, Hernandez
This is of the assumption that Rooney and Fellaini will return from injury and Carrick, Nani and van Persie are still out - as Physioroom suggests - while Vidic is still suspended obviously. With that in mind, a lot of the team picks itself either due to bad form of other players or not necessarily on merit.

Some of the noticeable absentees that usually play such as Januzaj and Valencia would not start, because with the former, we should be wary of burnout and with Mata here now, there isn't such necessity for him to start; and the latter, as he has been too poor to warrant a starting berth and it also takes emphasis from using poor wingplay down the right as our only attacking avenue. It also encourages a more fluid and creative game attacking through central areas with him out of the picture - even if Young is a stocking of shite himself.

We have to be cautious with how we use Fletcher, but he will have a near weeks rest for this game and he is more reliable than any current central midfielder at our disposal - even if that doesn't say a lot. I'd like to see Kagawa play centrally with Mata on the right, as Mata is more adaptable to playing wide, but Moyes will have to encourage a more expressive, fluid system to accommodate the two and play them at their best. Mata's delivery is immaculate, so drifting centrally on his left foot is ideal if he's playing wide.

Enough impact from the bench if this goes tits up also.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Jaded Unfamiliar Poor
Injured​
Rooney has been training all week, supposedly. And now we have Mata I'm gonna be optimistic about him starting.

It would be tempting to play Kagawa centrally to see if he'd show some form, and play Mata on the left as he's show he can play well there too.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Forget width.

Rafael.... Smalling... Evans... Evra
..... Carrick... Jones... Fletcher.....
............. Mata.... Kagawa...............
................... Rooney........................

Defend like hell, dominate the midfield. Let Mata Kagawa shift wide and Rooney drop deeper to create a flexible attack!

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets

De Gea
Rafael Jones Vidic Evra
Fletcher Carrick*
Januzaj Mata Kagawa
Rooney

This if RVP is still injured and Carrick is very doubtful, looked very uncomfortable after he got injured against Sunderland. I think Fellaini is due to be back this or next week.​

Gerald G

De Gea
Rafael Jones Vidic Evra
Fletcher Carrick*
Januzaj Mata Kagawa
Rooney

This if RVP is still injured and Carrick is very doubtful, looked very uncomfortable after he got injured against Sunderland. I think Fellaini is due to be back this or next week.​
Carrick is out for a month mate.

Red_Jamie

Trawling through these preferred line-ups really has brought me back down to earth regarding our midfield options.

We really are absolutely horrendous in that department aren't we? Like shockingly shit?

Smores

Push up the field to keep the midfield compact. Let Mata, Kagawa, and Januzaj go all out and Hernandez prosper from their creativity. If Rooney is back stick him in for Januzaj in the second half and push Kagawa wide.

---------DDG-----------
Raf-----Small---Evans---Evra
------Fletcher-----Fellaini
Mata------Kagawa-----Januzaj
----------Hernandez---------

Red Stone

I don't think I've ever been this excited about a United game, finals included. Hard to get excited when you've been bricking it for an entire week beforehand. Ole coming back to Old Trafford and Mata getting his debut. The stuff of dreams.

Nickosaur

As much as I love Ole and I like Cardiff a lot (minus that knobber Tan), I really hope we absolutely destroy them on Tuesday. With Mata, and possible returns for Rooney and RVP, we need a big win, and a great performance.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Most teams don't throw a player in after 2 days with the club. It's against Cardiff too, it's not even a "big" game.
After our form, any game is a big game. Also yeah I doubt he will start but considering everyone is either off form/injured/coming back from injury/knackered or just shit, I can see him starting too. Home against Cardiff should be a pretty good way to introduce himself as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.