Brown---------Rio----------Vidic--------Evra

-------------------Carrick-------------------
---------Hargreaves-------Scholes-----------

----Ronaldo------------------------Rooney---
-------------------Tevez---------------------
Yep. That is what I'd wager.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I'm just hopeful SAF will play his best lineup and that must include Tevez in the starting XI. Otherwise we're looking at the possibility of a boring tactical match. Just hope he's not going to put Ronaldo up front on his own so that Rooney can drop deep with Park and/or Giggs on the wings while benching one of Carrick or Hargreaves. I definitely feel a three man midfield is needed due to Chelsea's quality in that department. Ronaldo and Rooney can patrol the flanks and cut inside since Tevez likes to drop into midfield at times.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
Pretty ridiculous looking at the opponents chelsea had to play compared to us
they deserve feck all this season

______VDS_______
Brown Rio Vida Evra
OH Scholes Carrick
Ronnie Rooney Tevez

Subs to be used
Giggs - all goes according to plan I expect him to make an appearance
Park or Anderson - depending on if and when we need to replace a midfielder
Saha - if we are desperate

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
We gotta watch Ballsack carefully in this one the guy is obsessed with winning the Champions league. I remember reading in the newspaper here(Bild Zeitung, Germany) how much he wanted to win the champions league,after losing with Bayer Leverkusen in the final against Madrid and that he was going to leave Bayern München and go somewhere where he would win the CL. He went to Chelsea and now he is in the final. I don't know if it is true or false but I have heard he could have chose to come to us. Anyways, he is now one of the renties. Let's make sure that he does not get the Champions League victory that he is after.

Come on United:devil:

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
We gotta watch Ballsack carefully in this one the guy is obsessed with winning the Champions league. I remember reading in the newspaper here(Bild Zeitung, Germany) how much he wanted to win the champions league,after losing with Bayer Leverkusen in the final against Madrid and that he was going to leave Bayern München and go somewhere where he would win the CL. He went to Chelsea and now he is in the final. I don't know if it is true or false but I have heard he could have chose to come to us. Anyways, he is now one of the renties. Let's make sure that he does not get the Champions League victory that he is after.

Come on United:devil:
He could have come to united
I was gutted that he didnt and devestated that it was chelski on top of that

BahamaRed

Legend
Great edit for the matchday thread hycool. I approve.
As this is the greatest ever English football game in 135 years it deserves a proper thread.
If nerves have been bad for the last few weeks, these next 9 days are going to tear me apart.
For the sake of everything I can think of, we have to win this.
We will win this.

Doevle

Prefer Giggs off the bench as the new Ole.

-----------VDS-----------
Brown---Rio---Vidic---Evra
--Owen--Carrick--Scholes--
--Ronnie--Tevez--Rooney--

Subs: PIG, Mickey, Anderson, Fletcher, Giggs, Nani, Park
Left out: Foster, Neville, O'Shea, Pique, Saha
I'd like us to risk having Saha on the bench for this one. Who cares if he get a hamstring injury now`?

MrMarcello

I'd like us to risk having Saha on the bench for this one. Who cares if he get a hamstring injury now`?
I have no faith in him mentally or physically. Just have no clue how ready and willing he will be up for it in such a pressure packed match knowing he has to take his chances. The guy's nerves and fear of yet another injury might hold him back during the match. Prefer someone like Park or Nani, player's who have contribued much more this season and deserve a spot in the final 18. If Saha had been fit the last month or so no doubt for me.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Boys, posting the same line-up again and again won't help us win it.
I doubt people are doing it to help us win.

They probably think this is a Manchester United forum where they can state their views.

I may be wrong.

Harold_Giles

Um, that's what we do on matchday threads. If you bother to look at these types of thread, all we do is discuss possible formations, tactics and what eleven is best suited to play :rolleyes:
Anyway, my preferred line-up would be:

VDS, Brown, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Hargreaves, Carrick, Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez.
Subs: PIG, Silvestre, Fletcher, Anderson, Giggs, Nani & Saha.
I do bother to look at those threads. Nothing wrong with them when we're playing normal PL games.

The Champions League final is something special though and I just thought it deserved a proper matchday thread. I know it's a lot to ask for when there are dozen posters on here waiting to click the "Submit new Thread" button as soon as the final whistle is blown.

Just an idea.

BahamaRed

Legend
I do bother to look at those threads. Nothing wrong with them when we're playing normal PL games.

The Champions League final is something special though and I just thought it deserved a proper matchday thread. I know it's a lot to ask for when there are dozen posters on here waiting to click the "Submit new Thread" button as soon as the final whistle is blown.

Just an idea.
Happy now?

Diabo_Sam

Prefer Giggs off the bench as the new Ole.

-----------VDS-----------
Brown---Rio---Vidic---Evra
--Owen--Carrick--Scholes--
--Ronnie--Tevez--Rooney--

Subs: PIG, Mickey, Anderson, Fletcher, Giggs, Nani, Park
Left out: Foster, Neville, O'Shea, Pique, Saha
My team, but I think Park will be left out for Saha, we don't need 3 wingers on the bench.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Ronaldo to score the winne to silence his critics once and for all.

Rooney24

--------------------VDS--------------------

-------------------Carrick-------------------
---------Hargreaves-------Scholes-----------

I reckon that will be our team, flexible enough to switch to 442 also....

MrMarcello

My team, but I think Park will be left out for Saha, we don't need 3 wingers on the bench.
Park can play wing, forward (4-3-3) or the central midfield (4-3-3). He also puts in more work defensively and is a decent creative player when in possession. He offers more than Saha at the moment. He's also fit without any worries. Saha would probably break down in warmups.

Granted I'd gladly cheer on Saha if he comes on and would be a great story for him to score in the final.

Johnno

I reckon we’ll be 4-4-2 for this game with Rooney & Tevez upfront; I reckon Chelsea will play Cole, Lampard and Ballack in their midfield with Essien in defence so they will have more of an attacking emphasis rather than the Mourinho-inspired Makalele and Mikel in the middle.
We have to take this game to Chelsea, especially if they have no Terry if he’s out with injury.
I’d have;

VDS
Brown
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Hargreaves
Scholes
Anderson
Ronaldo
Tevez
Rooney

prateik

ballack - lampard - essien ..

thats some midfield

with malouda , cole and drogba ..

it wont be that easy .. fergie has probably been planning for this for 9 years now .. hope we get it done ...................

hycool

CR7 fanboy
Great edit for the matchday thread hycool. I approve.
As this is the greatest ever English football game in 135 years it deserves a proper thread.
If nerves have been bad for the last few weeks, these next 9 days are going to tear me apart.
For the sake of everything I can think of, we have to win this.
We will win this.
Thanks BahamaRed! I would love to follow this thread, but I will be most likely at a pub watching it. Hopefully the atmosphere will be great, and hopefully when I log on all you lot on the Caf can see all the joyful things everyone says!

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Id like to see:
VDS

Wes Rio Vida Evra
Hargreaves Carrick Scholes
Ronaldo Tevez Rooney

But we'll probably see:

VDS
Wes Rio Vida Evra
Hargreaves Carrick Scholes
Ronaldo Rooney Park

Collina

Team should be....

GK: O'Shea

RB: Berbatov
CB: Fred the Red
CB: Silvestre
LB: A herring

RM: Ferguson
CM: O'Shea
CM: pert
CM: O'Shea
LM: Dong

CF: O'Shea

Subs: We don't need subs.

Drifter

American
Omissions test troubling Ferguson

Sir Alex Ferguson is facing up to disappointing certain players as he ponders Manchester United's squad for the Champions League final.

Don't miss this amazing video featuring in the TV event with the PFA Young Player of the Year

The United boss has no injury or suspension worries ahead of the Moscow clash with Chelsea a week on Wednesday and is delighted to have 26 players to choose from.

But with Ferguson able to name only seven substitutes for the match, he must tell eight of his stars they will play no part in the club's biggest game for nine years.

"I think picking the team will be easier than picking the substitutes," he said on Sky Sports News.

"I'm going to have to leave some fantastic players out of the squad completely next week, which I won't enjoy doing.

"It's got to be done and I don't know when I'm going to pick that moment.

"I'm going to have to speak to them. It's not something I'm looking forward to.

"But, on the other hand, it's a fantastic position for us to be in, having 26 fit players."

Ferguson would love to reward all those who travelled to Wigan on Sunday for the game that saw United retain the Premier League title.

"You need a really powerful squad to achieve on all fronts," he said.

"I took 26 players to Wigan and every player was fit.

"They all came through the game, which means I'm travelling to Moscow with 26 fit players.

"That's unheard of in my time and that gives us an incredible chance."

Ferguson's dilemma is in stark contrast to that which he faced at the climax of United's treble season of 1999.

Suspension robbed him of captain Roy Keane and central midfield partner Paul Scholes for the Champions League final against Bayern Munich.

As long as United avoid any training-ground mishaps or freak injuries, they will arrive in Moscow at full strength.

Ferguson is desperate to claim a trophy he has won only once in 13 attempts since arriving at Old Trafford.

He insists a club of United's standing should have been European champions on far more than two occasions, citing the records of Real Madrid (nine wins), AC Milan (seven) and Liverpool (five) as something to which his players should aspire.

"That's the kind of record we should really have. That's one thing that should drive us all on now," he said.

"We have an opportunity next Wednesday to help us along that way."

Ferguson believes United have a squad young enough to win multiple Champions League crowns - and he claimed they were helping keep him young as well.

"There's a freshness about the place with young players coming in. They refresh you and enthuse you," he said.

"It's wonderful to have that youth around."

And he began the pre-match mind games with United's Moscow opponents by saying: "I think Chelsea know they'd rather be in our position than their own position.

"Having won the league, there was a lot of joy about the place, whereas Chelsea have to pick themselves up after drawing against Bolton."

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
fergie knows if we are to win the match we first have to win the battle in the midfield so i reckon its going to be a 5 man midfield with hargreaves doing the holding role.

Colly

--------------------VDS--------------------

------------------Hargreaves----------------
---------Anderson------------Scholes--------

We're all entitled to our opinions I suppose, but why on earth would you leave Carrick out of the team ? And to you honestly think he will be left out ?

As much as I'd love to see Tevez start up top I have a feeling we'll go 4-5-1 and Rooney HAS to have a central role !!!

------------------VDS-------------------

Wes--------Rio---------Vidic-------Evra

Hargreaves------Scholes------Carrick

Park-----------------------------Ronaldo

------------Rooney---------------

Tevez to come off the bench and get the winner ! 2-1 Utd !!!!

Godfather

I reckon we’ll be 4-4-2 for this game with Rooney & Tevez upfront; I reckon Chelsea will play Cole, Lampard and Ballack in their midfield with Essien in defence so they will have more of an attacking emphasis rather than the Mourinho-inspired Makalele and Mikel in the middle.
We have to take this game to Chelsea, especially if they have no Terry if he’s out with injury.
I’d have;

VDS
Brown
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Hargreaves
Scholes
Anderson
Ronaldo
Tevez
Rooney
I'd love to see that line-up.
Carrick didnt impress me too much in his last games, and Anderson could be a surprise starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.