Manchester United vs. Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Yep, Rafa was going for the ball when he booted him...you know when it had already crossed the line.
Seems like I have to attach a small reading guide to my posts directed at you. They were having a fight for the ball before it went out of play, genius. Both players shoved and threw various body parts at each other. It was stupid from Rafael - I'm not denying that - but considering the play leading up to it it'd only be a booking in many cases.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

SAF tried funny things with the team today and let many people down, including arses and spuds. Now I won't be surprised if we dont' win our next 2 games against swansea and west brom.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Lighten up man, the team has won the title with games to spare.If this was a vital match then I'd understand your words
That's alright then. Unfortunately in the end it proves that some of the back up are not good enough. Also what has Hernandez got to do to get on the pitch. As someone said Zaha should walk straight into this side. I wouldn't bet on it though. Luiz is a cheat as well.

Timdbro

Well, at least we have confirmation that our midfield without Carrick is a fecking disaster. CBs never had anyone to pass the ball to.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
That's alright then. Unfortunately in the end it proves that some of the back up are not good enough. Also what has Hernandez got to do to get on the pitch. As someone said Zaha should walk straight into this side. I wouldn't bet on it though. Luiz is a cheat as well.
Not if Valencia is able to walk in a straight line. Seems that's all he needs to do to get picked to start.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Lighten up man, the team has won the title with games to spare.If this was a vital match then I'd understand your words
Considering 70000 people paid good money to get there and watch that game, it is pretty pathetic to see them produce that kind of tumescent shit.

DevilRed

Well, at least we have confirmation that our midfield without Carrick is a fecking disaster. CBs never had anyone to pass the ball to.
Jones is not a central midfielder either. Not in anyones wildest dreams. He can do a job (i.e. defend) but if we're at home and looking for goals he should not be our first option.

I really hope Fergie spends on a central midfielder this summer.

DomesticTadpole

Not if Valencia is able to walk in a straight line. Seems that's all he needs to do to get picked to start.
Don't forget we have that human dynamo Ashley Young that get picked when he can actually walk. Why did he change the side, the F.A. Cup final, not not in that again. CL final naaaah. Maybe he's resting them for the Player of the Year dinner.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Considering 70000 people paid good money to get there and watch that game, it is pretty pathetic to see them produce that kind of tumescent shit.
It is tbh from our POV but the players are generally pricks who live in their own world.Not surprised one bit that they didn't care about this match

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just because we've already won means we don't have to win any more games? Sort it out.

I meant Rooneys and giggs reaction to defending was pathetic, they made absolutely no attempt to get back in and help the defence with that goal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We could learn a thing or two from Bayern. They've hardly let up since winning the title. And they're rotating their team and they still have other competitions to play for. The second we won the title, we basically stopped caring completely. Hopefully we manage to win at least next week against Swansea but I wouldn't count on it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Just because we've already won means we don't have to win any more games? Sort it out.

I meant Rooneys and giggs reaction to defending was pathetic, they made absolutely no attempt to get back in and help the defence with that goal.
It's just not black and white, no matter what is said, the players will never be % motivated by matches like these, no matter the rivalry with Chelsea, the hatred with certain players.Even the fact that thousands of fans paid a lot of money to watch it at OT will not push the players even more to perform

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fergie not happy with the performance or the referee.

Timdbro

Jones is not a central midfielder either. Not in anyones wildest dreams. He can do a job (i.e. defend) but if we're at home and looking for goals he should not be our first option.

I really hope Fergie spends on a central midfielder this summer.
I keep hoping these performances convince SAF of that too, but it doesn't seem to be working. Midfield-wise, all Jones brings is energy in my opinion, he's not even that anchor man that can give our back four protection.
We really need an alternative to and/or partner for Carrick, in case he doesn't have another brilliant season next time around.

DomesticTadpole

It's just not black and white, no matter what is said, the players will never be % motivated by matches like these, no matter the rivalry with Chelsea, the hatred with certain players.Even the fact that thousands of fans paid a lot of money to watch it at OT will not push the players even more to perform
You're probably right, but they should be bloody motivated. They say how much they love the fans etc, performances like this makes you wonder if they have much respect for fans at all.

Commadus

Poor team
Poor subs
Poor performance

The bigger the game the worst the team selection. Tactics and formations get thrown out of the window and a tumescent performance follows.

DevilRed

We could learn a thing or two from Bayern. They've hardly let up since winning the title. And they're rotating their team and they still have other competitions to play for. The second we won the title, we basically stopped caring completely. Hopefully we manage to win at least next week against Swansea but I wouldn't count on it.
I think it does help that they have had champs league football and what not to keep sharp for.

We were always going to sink once we secured the title. But its a kick in the teeth to allow chelski to beat us AGAIN. Have some fecking pride and at least deny them a CL spot. They are going to be title contenders next year and not to mention vying for the same players in the summer (e.g. hazard!). Without CL football we might have the upper hand against their bags of roubles.

DomesticTadpole

I hope they can wake up next week. It will be really disappointing if they lose against another unmotivated side. The fans deserve better than that.

Laphroaig

Poor team
Poor subs
Poor performance

The bigger the game the worst the team selection. Tactics and formations get thrown out of the window and a tumescent performance follows.
? The least important game of the season so far is not a big game.

Goooose

You can blame the officials or you could blame Luiz, but the only people to blame are Fergie and (most of) the players. Starting lineup was shite and so was the attitude of the team.

Devil may care

I really didn't feel a goal was coming from either side until that breakaway, as both teams had looked pretty clueless in the final 3rd outside of Mata. The most irritating thing is they went the length of the pitch without us getting close to them, then they still lose it and Evans gives it straight back to them with a suicide pass to Giggs.

I think Raf has no real argument about the actual red, however Luiz should have been pulled up and booked before it ever came to his kick out as he clearly elbows Raf twice prior to the petulance.

Those that got chances with a start today sadly didn't impress me, Giggs was easily our best attacker and CM across the 90 minutes.

TheRisingSun

Banned
Quite surprised to read some of these comments from United fans.

It was a dead rubber for you anyway and it was a far less soporific performance than 2010 when the league was up for grabs and neither your team nor your fans seemed to want it.

Luiz didn't elbow Rafael twice, he did what he often does and put his body across the line of the other player. I don't like seeing such antics, but I feel like we had been given fecking nothing by Webb for the whole game. A clear trip on Moses not given, a clear trip on Luiz on the edge of the area waved away, Mata pulled up for a phantom push, the Van Persie throw in which wasn't a United ball. It felt like you needed to overreact to get anything, from the same referee who happily gave United two penalties in ten minutes at Stamford Bridge last season.

Just about a fair result imo and one that we needed and you didn't. You can be proud of your endeavours this season, irrespective of this loss.

TheRisingSun

Banned

It was a dead rubber for you anyway and it was a far less soporific performance than 2010 when the league was up for grabs and neither your team nor your fans seemed to want it.

Luiz didn't elbow Rafael twice, he did what he often does and put his body across the line of the other player. I don't like seeing such antics, but I feel like we had been given fecking nothing by Webb for the whole game. A clear trip on Moses not given, a clear trip on Luiz on the edge of the area waved away, Mata pulled up for a phantom push, the Van Persie throw in which wasn't a United ball. It felt like you needed to overreact to get anything, from the same referee who happily gave United two penalties in ten minutes at Stamford Bridge last season.

Just about a fair result imo and one that we needed and you didn't. You can be proud of your endeavours this season, irrespective of this loss.
I also disagree with Ferguson, I think that you could make a case that Ramires' tackle on Rooney was a foul as he tripped him with his non-kicking foot before winning the ball, but there were a litany of similar decisions that didn't go our way.

TheReligion

Abusive

That sums up the mentality of Chelsea. What a shame.

Webb didn't favour one team or the other, the fact he deliberately chose to issue a red against the advice of Massey who saw the whole incident between Luiz and Rafael and called for a yellow shows if anything United should be taking issue with the decision. That not even mentioning the disgraceful playacting from Luiz which was highly cringeworthy and up their with Busquets et al.

A draw would have been a fair result. Ramires was lucky not to be spotted trying to stud Phil Jones in the head twice in quick succession after he was brought down by him too. Certainly as much of a kick out as Rafaels was.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Poor team
Poor subs
Poor performance

Hi Commadus,

I know you thought that United would still be fighting for the league by this stage. But the reality is, we have already won. The game on Sunday was the least important match this season so far. Except for the Arsenal game of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.