Manchester United vs Everton (Friendly) Saturday 7th August 2021 @ 12:45pm BST

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
How can he not be back yet while Maguire and Shaw are. They had a much tougher Euro's.
Plenty of players haven't returned - City's haven't, Saka at Arsenal only returned on Wednesday I think. Sancho was still training with the players during the Euros and started his official holidays a few days later than the other United players due to having his medical etc.

SirAnderson

When are we ever going to stop posting team lineups in numerical order with the exception of the goalkeeper? It’s beyond annoying and makes absolutely zero sense. Either go full numerical order for all personnel or go in position order.
Does my head in. Can't stand it.
Literally we need to bombard them on their twitter to get it changed. I'm pretty sure 100k comments about it would do. Never happening then. We stuck with it forever.

Dante

Average bang
Apparently, DCL injured his toe this week. Shit. That means I have to change my FF team.

Kramer

Man United starting XI vs Everton
De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Matic, Van de Beek; Greenwood, Fernandes, James; Martial.

Substitutes: Grant, Heaton, Dalot, Tuanzebe, Williams, Andreas, Fred, Garner, Mata, McTominay, Pogba.

Martial

James---Bruno---Greenwood

Matic--VDB

Shaw--Maguire--Lindelof--AWB

DDG​

I'd be happy enough with that against Leeds.
Would def want Sancho instead of James.
Also Varane instead of Lindelof of course but don’t think he’ll be ready.
Also Literally zero chance we’ll start Matic against Leeds. Need the legs in midfield against their high energy game.

choccy77

I bet your one to look forward to in match day threads this season
Why?

I'm just saying that Everton will possibly be stronger than us today, especially with Rafa wanting to make a point of beating us.

It's a friendly so not important, but I hope we win, I just think Everton will be favourites in 2nd half.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Hope Begovic comes on second half and has a mare - absolute weapon of a man, pathetic display in the play off second leg against us last season and even kicked a hole in the wall of our shiny new stadium :rolleyes:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Seems like today might be a decisive day for Garner. He'll be playing in a strong team when/if he comes off the bench. Hopefully he gets 30mins so they can assess if he's going to be up to playing at this level.

Dante

Average bang
I guessed it was a 4-2-3-1 earlier. But what's the chance it'll be a midfield 3 of:

VDB----Bruno

Matic​

?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Near enough a starting XI quality side. We should very much have close to a full strength side (less Cavani, Rashford, and Varane?) for Leeds.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Think that will be pretty close to the starting line up for Leeds, Matic a worry, but the rest of the midfield have hardly even trained yet.

Dante

Average bang
Near enough a starting XI quality side. We should very much have close to a full strength side (less Cavani, Rashford, and Varane?) for Leeds.
It'll be McTominay and Pogba in place of VDB and James on matchday 1, I reckon.

Tony247

Easy lads this is first preseason match for most of the main players. Don't panic.

tob

Watching MUTV pre-match build up. Have Statman Dave been kicked and replaced?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Everton are shite and they've got shiter during the loss of Ancelotti.

This will be true no matter what the score today.

laughtersassassin

Hope we just opt to throw our actual best players in versus Leeds.

We always use to do it with Pogba. Your best players are better than your backups who have been training longer more times than not.