Kick-off
Sat, 6 February 2021 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ForeverRed1

Oh my god. Bruno fecking Fernandez. What a signing. What a player. What a leader. What a guy. Love him, deserves to be playing infront of crowds.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Hopefully Pogba is okay, he was playing well. A really good half from us though, slow ten minutes but some great football after that. Bruno’s goal was outrageous. :drool: I feel that we tend to start second halves poorly, so I hope we start well and try to keep the tempo we had in the first half.

BFernandes

Has anyone else noticed the slight tactical shift from us in the last couple of games?

We seem to be willing to cross it from that little pocket of space just outside the box a lot more recently. We did it with Rashford assisting Cavani tonight, and Shaw to Cavani against Southampton.

It's a really good way of forcing the opposition defence on the move, out of their shape and facing their own goal.

Just an observation.

Reactions: VeevaVee

stu_1992

Great half. Apart from the opening 15 minutes, we've been absolutely in control. Absolutely delighted we got the second goal to put us firmly in control. And what a goal it was. Fecking hell. I'm still not quite sure how he scored it. But I was in awe. And Cavani with another header, I feel like he exclusively scores those at this point! Thankfully Everton missed that chance right after our second goal or I would be sitting there far less confident than I am.

Shame about the Pogba injury. Seems a muscle injury so could be a few weeks. Disappointing considering his form. Only downside of that half really.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
    Scout
    Andy Cole, 0:45 in this video - and this one was actually against Everton at home:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
    Greenwood's been great both these games without any end product. Linking up play and being a threat on the right.
    His crossing is decent. His energy is up the roof. He really learn something from Cavani.

Godfather

Has anyone else noticed the slight tactical shift from us in the last couple of games?

We seem to be willing to cross it from that little pocket of space just outside the box a lot more recently. We did it with Rashford assisting Cavani tonight, and Shaw to Cavani against Southampton.

It's a really good way of moving and opening up space from packed defences where there wouldn't normally be much space to operate.

Just an observation.
    So refreshing to see us put in really good crosses and play with more width.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    We’re playing better than we have all season. The SU and Arsenal games have given us the jolt we needed.
    Dare I say it: Fergie-esque?

Each time we've lost this season, we've come back stronger in the follow-up game.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

It's a really good way of moving and opening up space from packed defences where there wouldn't normally be much space to operate.

Just an observation.
    Yep!! Spot on, we’re crossing it so much more.

Red00012

Just an observation.
    The difference been they know Cavani is in there whereas Martial is probably looking for it outside the box

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    James walking on the field then absolutely freezing his arse off :lol:

He’s not built for the north of England.

Handré1990

If we win today, our Home record is third in the league, and 1 away.

https://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england

We had a really terrible start, whereas we've had an away form that mathces City's home form.

Everton has won the last 5 out of 6 away games in the league so they're already on a really good run of form. Its nice to see the boys dominate a traditionally hard game, especially on a day like this.
    I’m with you buddy. Was just saying to my mate here how this is an unfamiliar feeling. We’ve pressed really well all over, and dominated Everton. No two ways about it.

city-puma

The pogba-McT pair started slow, but once we grab the first goal. They became very solid partnership. Pity we can’t see more because pogba had muscle injury.

Mr. Ant

It's funny that bruno has probably not been as good in the past month or so by his high standards and yet he's is still consistently either scoring or making the assist during this period, what happens if he picks his form up again...
    I wouldn't say he is out of form. Pogba is in form as is Shaw so we don't have to rely as much on Bruno as we used to. I'd say that's good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 321 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw