Kick-off
Tue, 24 October 2023 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rednotdead

It’s as though Ten Hag just selects 11 players and tells them to go out and play without any plan.

The man simply isn’t up to this job.

tomaldinho1

Garnacho on for Rashford, personally I'd bring on Mount or Eriksen for Bruno as well. It's getting to the point now that there just have to be consequences no matter how big a name you are.

Maureen-yo

That was dreadful, I don't see a plan that can work from the shape the team takes up when in possession. Not good enough from Ten Hag.
    Yeah it’s terrible isn’t it. And it’s so static, players seem to run (or jog) to a position and then just stand there until possession is lost.

redshaw

I'd get Erisken on for Bruno first. Hannibal on for McTom and Garnacho on for Rashford.

Devil81

has Bruno been sent off with a red card? Haven’t seen him at all.
    Most quiet I've ever seen him that.

Stinks of a team looking to get a manager out this does. Nobody other than Hojlund looks up for it. Just a bunch of average players going through the motions.

Woziak

Keen judge of football, this ref.
    Yep he had enough so finished the half early knowing that the Theatre of Dreams has officially become ‘The death of Football”

This united team right now is just so hard to like or get behind but we have to as ‘United Never Die’

Let’s hope for a huge response in second half ?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
    Scout
    Need to win, need to honour the memory of one of the club's greatest servants, need to have some fecking pride in themselves. And yet the players still can't be fecking arsed.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
    Is this what “downing tools” looks like? The only players trying are Hojlund, Amrabat, Antony and Regulion. The rest are just faking effort or desire. Bruno and Rashford in the process of sacking another manager.

KD6-3.7

I don’t see any future with Ten Hag. The football is terrible, the players he signed are terrible, at this rate he shouldn’t survive until Christmas but because we’ve got people who are even worst at their jobs then him he’ll probably see out most of the season even if it continues on like this.

Superunknown

We keep trying the same thing over and over and (shock, horror) the same thing keeps happening. The fans would respect Erik more if he tried something different. The fans want excitement. Garnacho has to be coming on. Eriksen, maybe even Hannibal or Mount. We need creativity and excitement.

We're so freakishly slow.

BootsyCollins

Its so boring.
    We have no collective play, everything is just hope someone will do something. And more often than not someone dont.

My son said something that i agree on. ”We are not a better team right now than Nothingham or Everton, we just have better players”

I am not saying they are better coach than us, but it sure as hell looks as every other team has a much clearer gameplan.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
    McTominay off, someone who can do something with a football between the two boxes on, please.

DavidDeSchmikes

it's like we've already qualified, and we're playing a dead rubber game with one eye on the league game. Everything is just "meh"

didz

Pretty bloody awful. Amrabat having the worst game of his career and we have no other ideas on how to get up the pitch.

They do know we have to win this right?

BeltUp

Supports
    United
    Those above Ten Hag should at least be asking him why we look so awful but I bet they haven't said a word.

ElDiabloRojo

Need to bring back Scholes, or Jesper Olsen even, anybody.

This team is dead of ideas or energy, have City somehow spiked the water at Carrington with valiums.

Withnail

Reactive management. Scored a few goals so put him in, no matter if its the right choice or not. Rapidly losing faith in ETH
    Yeah it was weird at the weekend. He scored two late goals in a chaotic ending to a match. That only proved he can come off the bench and cause a bit of chaos late on. He's never a starter.

Bobski

Copenhagen are flooding the CM and Amrabat is having to cover it all almost on his own, with no help from Bruno or McTominey.

It’s the same as in previous games when Casemiro was left isolated and we were overrun in CM.

It is the same basic shape no matter who he plays in midfield. It is unexplainable as a tactic.

Roboc7

Playing Bruno out of position to accommodate Mctominay who doesn’t even seem to have a position doesn’t work. It’s the sort of shitty, short sighted and desperate decision that all our managers post SAF seem to make. These tumescent displays are predictable and it’s Groundhog Day with just a different manager in the dugout.

slored1

This has been worse than the LVG era or Ole horror shows. No real intention behind our passes, McTominay is playing a strange position, Bruno nowhere to be seen. Intensity is completely gone in both directions, the pressing is gone as well. Whatever we wanted to show tonight, this is most certainly not it.

Sgreddevil

For a must-win game, the players are not playing like they wanted it. Seems like they can't be bothered to fight for qualification and give up on the tournament

Walters_19_MuFc

Do we though? I'm not convinced. The squad we have is terrible.
    Its not though, is it? Whether you agree or not, its a squad that came 3rd last season, got to two finals and won a cup.

Have we got overrated players? Yes, we probably have, but we have enough talent to be scoring and creating more chances than we do.

stu_1992

Dire half, we're lacking any sort of intensity and enthusiasm. Dunno why the half was called so early though. That was bizarre.

Changes desperately needed. Game is crying out for Eriksen I would think.

tomaldinho1

Its so boring.
    We have no collective play, everything is just hope someone will do something. And more often than not someone dont.

My son said something that i agree on. ”We are not a better team right now than Nothingham or Everton, we just have better players”

I am not saying they are better coach than us, but it sure as hell looks as every other team has a much clearer gameplan.
    Bit of a harsh slur on Forest mate, easy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Andre Onana image Andre Onana 57% of 311 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 279 ratings.

Score Predictions