Thu, 16 March 2017 @ 8:05pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
    From the facebook thread, if this doesn't get you hyped I don't know what will

chill guys , next match will be better

if martial is on form, u will never write "Z" again

if fellaini is on form, try hard to head the ball

if bastian is on form, try hard to keep ur possession

if rooney is on form, u cant see the ball

if pogba is on form, u may forget scholes

if lingard is on form, try hard to touch the cups

if valencia is on form, just say the grasses are wet

if rashford is on form, u need AVG firewall

if carrick is on form, make an appointment to meet jones

if de gea is on form, u need check ur jaws

if bailly is on form, try says "moo"

if jones/rojo/shaw/smalling are on form, try to dive and act

if mkhitaryan is on form, dont pay to watch dwayne johnson & david copperfield

if young is on form, u will realise how old are u

if herrera is on form, u thought beckham is ur brudder

if darmian is on form, get a lasik brochure

if mata is on form, thats the busiest day of ur life

if romero is on form, madrid will again get the form

if zlatan is on form, bow to the king

if jose is on form, bow to woodward

u are not blind as I did not mention blind

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
    Considering we've lost like 5 matches all season I wouldn't say that's a "Typical United game this season". I'm expecting a comfortable win.
    Now that's the spirit!

I'm also expecting a strong United performance and do not expect a Rostov goal except perhaps in consolation; 3 - 1 win.

I think we'll have a solid back four in front of Romero including any two CB's; I think he'll go with Smalling & Bailly but Rojo deserves a place in the team after his effort on Monday so he might get in at LB?
    Midfield should include Carrick at DM - with Bastie getting a few minutes in the 2nd half. But if Felly was in the pre-match interview that's a hint he may start? :-(
    Pog's will start, Jose believes in him and will continue to let him play
    Herrera will also play of course as will Mkhi.
    Martial is out so Ibra & Mata will complete the eleven.
    If Rashford is still under the weather, Lingard will get a chance but coming off the bench rather than a start.

Of course I'll be totally wrong again but that's what I'd do to ensure a comfortable passage to the next roudn and not worry about Boro until the injury report is finalized on Saturday.

Back to back wins will do us the world of good.

C'mon you Reds!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
    Scout
    Ivan Daniliants, head coach of Rostov:

- Tomorrow Rostov will be without Kalachev, Gatskan and Granat. Will Dzhanaev miss the match, too?
    - The absence of these three is a great loss for us. We have those who can replace them, but these guys have less experience. Unfortunately, Dzhanaev will not play either. This will weaken Rostov, but the team is a team, and I hope that those who come out on the pitch will cope.

- Kalachev and Gatskan flew to Manchester anyway?
    - This is important for us. One of them is the captain of the team, the other is the leader. They will be in the locker room, they can set up the guys for the meeting. We work for the result, even those who do not play.

- When preparing for the match, did you focus on tactics or psychology?
    - Both parts are important. The team should not only focus on United, but also be organized. Manchester United have a lot of bright players, who individually are very strong, so it's important to show good teamwork.

- Today Jose Mourinho talked a lot about Pogba. What can you say about him?
    - I would not want to focus on an individual player in such a team. Each of them are strong. They are good and deserve attention and respect.

- Tomorrow Rostov will finally play in a good pitch?
    - This is a good for all players. It is an honor to play in such an arena, on such a great lawn. This is a celebration for us.

- On the eve of the match, the fans of Rostov are carefully optimistic. What is this based on?
    - It's all because our fans love the team, they are devoted to it. Everyone who's watched Rostov, has often been surprised by the results and now this is what gives us hope for success. Faith of the fans - this is very important before the match tomorrow. Yes, we are at different levels with United: on traditions and trophies, but it happens that the one who wants more wins. We came with optimism, and if we succeed, it will be a great party.

Andrei Prepelita, midfielder of Rostov:

"It's an honor to play against such a club and in such a beautiful stadium." I hope that we can give the fight to United.

wolvored

I think we will win but with a late goal. I cant see it being an high scoring match, so were bound to win 8-0 then:)

MrSingh2002

Martial did the pre match presser ahead of the St Ettienne game and didnt start so Fellaini's presser doesn't guarantee he starts tonight.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    With us going back at 4am on Tuesday morning and having only one proper training session yesterday (and having Boro back in mind) I just hope that Mou will use his squad.

I just really think that we have the players to win against Rostov and also preparing for Boro.

With Fellaini at the press conference and Herrera suspended in the League we may see Pogba an Carrick rested for Boro.

---------------------------------Romero-----------------------------------
    Valencia------------------Bailly---------Rojo----------------------Blind
    -------------------------Herrera--------Fellaini--------------------------
    Mata---------------------------Mkhitaryan--------------------Lingard
    ------------------------------------Ibra-----------------------------------

ti vu

pilky02

Supports
    I could eat a nob at night
    Should be an easy win. 3-0 at a guess.

dichinero

These EL matches are so dead. United serve up some dour football 24 hours after some good football in the CL. We need a change.

Handsome Devil

Don't Rostov have their captain and another key player suspended for this match?
    We will not be playing on a pitch which looks like the dog toilet in my local park. United should really be twatting this sort of riff raff if they come out firing on all cylinders, Pogba stops faffing around, and we convert even 20% of our chances, oh, and Jones/Herrera/Fellaini (delete as appropriate) doesn't have a rush of blood to the head.

Wino1

Pogba needs to turn up tonight, else the press will be battering him tomorrow. Well so will a few people on here too...

top1whoisman

Scout
    Don't Rostov have their captain and another key player suspended for this match?
    We will not be playing on a pitch which looks like the dog toilet in my local park. United should really be twatting this sort of riff raff if they come out firing on all cylinders, Pogba stops faffing around, and we convert even 20% of our chances, oh, and Jones/Herrera/Fellaini (delete as appropriate) doesn't have a rush of blood to the head.
    They do, and they’re missing their 1st gk, as well as a CB who played all of their CL matches.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
    Staff
    ----------De Gea
    Valencia--Smalling--Jones--Rojo
    -----Herrera--Fellaini
    --Mata--Pogba--Mkhitaryan
    ----------Zlatan

Assuming we don't opt for three at the back. It would make more sense if Fellaini didn't start, so we could put Pogba beside Herrera and add one of Lingard/Rashford up top.

MullerUtd

I don't think this match will be as comfortable as how all of you made it out to be with those 2-0, 3-0 predictions. I think it will be a nitty gritty 1-0 win.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    I have had a major-league crap week. Need United to win this one and on Sunday!

Havak

Pokemon master
    Blind, Herrera, Carrick, and Ibrahimovic will probably play and I can't see the likes of de Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Pogba or Mkhitaryan being left out. The rest are up for grabs, Mata being a strong candidate but it would mean Mkhitaryan playing on the left.

de Gea
    Valencia Smalling Rojo Blind
    Herrera Carrick Pogba
    Mata Ibrahimovic Mkhitaryan
    ---
    Romero; Bailly, Jones, Young; Fellaini, Lingard; Rashford​

Convinced Smalling is still Jose's guy for the main CB, so it's a case of who gets to play there with him. Rojo has been good, if a bit lucky to avoid getting more cards. I'd like to see Bailly but I think his form has dipped since he got back from the ACoN and he's more likely to play in what would be regarded as an easier, or at least less important game.

I'd love for Rashford to start, but after running himself into the ground whilst still not 100%, I think it'd be better to use him from the bench tonight and then start him against Middlesbrough. There's still a chance Carrick doesn't start here I suppose, but missing two games in a row where you'd have put money on him starting one of them makes me think he is going to play, especially when we didn't win either. If he doesn't play though, we could really go at Rostov from the start with Mata or Mkhitaryan at the no.10 and Lingard/Rashford on one flank.

I'm confident we'll have a comfortable victory here, 1-1 was a result we all accepted as good enough, so we just have to finish the job now. Professional performance and a pretty boring game is what I envision tonight. 2-0.

top1whoisman

Scout
    Interesting that. Maybe a response to the 'too much fun' he felt the team had pre-game vs St Etienne?
    Yeah sounds like that, might not be a bad thing at all. Considering his generic comments about social media, don’t think this is anything drastic, we’ve got a relatively young team and the focus must be 100% on the task ahead.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    Fellaini will play 100% since he was at press conference yesterday.

Mourinho told that every player coming to it will play automatically

With Herrera suspended it's Herrera-Fellaini or three men in midfield with Pogba... But playing 3 guys against a team that will try to counter....

I'd rather let Pogba as an impact sub tonight tbh. But it'll be really important that our wingers and full backs beat their mens

Aint gota Kalou

Fellaini will play 100% since he was at press conference yesterday.

Mourinho told that every player coming to it will play automatically

With Herrera suspended it's Herrera-Fellaini or three men in midfield with Pogba... But playing 3 guys against a team that will try to counter....

I'd rather let Pogba as an impact sub tonight tbh. But it'll be really important that our wingers and full backs beat their mens
    Martial was on the bench in the first leg and he was at the press conference.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 439 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Rostov win
  • Draw