Sun, 19 March 2023 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    The problem is who replaces him? United is a far worst team when Rashford plays from the middle
    We really aren't... We tend to do better every time rashford is moved centrally. Get Sancho, Rashford and Antony in the front 3, and get Sabitzer and Fred providing energy around Bruno (sitting deeper), so that way we have the eye for a forward pass from deep, and have players who can actually control and keep the ball out wide rather than forcing a killer ball every second. Rashford making runs in behind.

nakpodiareuben

It was clearly going in. Hence the red card

The red card was genuine. Any referee would have given it immediately VAR spotted it. We lacked a ball carrier in the midfield and that hurts us. Still don't know sabitzer role in the team. Felt sorry for Fulham.

nakpodiareuben

We really aren't... We tend to do better every time rashford is moved centrally. Get Sancho, Rashford and Antony in the front 3, and get Sabitzer and Fred providing energy around Bruno (sitting deeper), so that way we have the eye for a forward pass from deep, and have players who can actually control and keep the ball out wide rather than forcing a killer ball every second. Rashford making runs in behind.

What weghorst does best is press from the front. Hold and link up play. When he play against teams that presses high like Fulham today, he is a good outlet. Rashford strength like the other wingers we have is in positioning and pace. Rashford needs spa e to operate. Weghorst provides the space. His weakness is not reading the game well enough to try and also score. I am hoping that we will see a better version of him when he scores more goals and he is playing with confident

SirScholes

Our team just do not trust that centre mid pairing unless it’s case or Eriksen, and I don’t blame them at all

all the bad luck we’ve had recently, felt like we were owed that break

has to be one of the most stupidest moments I’ve seen. Even with 10 men they have given us a game

SirScholes

What weghorst does best is press from the front. Hold and link up play. When he play against teams that presses high like Fulham today, he is a good outlet. Rashford strength like the other wingers we have is in positioning and pace. Rashford needs spa e to operate. Weghorst provides the space. His weakness is not reading the game well enough to try and also score. I am hoping that we will see a better version of him when he scores more goals and he is playing with confident
    Mate if you’re using today as an example of good play then you need to pack up and go to bed

he Just isn’t very good

nakpodiareuben

Mate if you’re using today as an example of good play then you need to pack up and go to bed

he Just isn’t very good

Today was a bad day for the forwards players.....The reason was simple. No link up play from the middle to the attack. Average Scotty is not match fit and sabitzer was going too wide. I think when Bruno came to the middle, the team played with a shape. I still think when martial is fit. He won't replace weghorst. That is my thinking though

SirScholes

Today was a bad day for the forwards players.....The reason was simple. No link up play from the middle to the attack. Average Scotty is not match fit and sabitzer was going too wide. I think when Bruno came to the middle, the team played with a shape. I still think when martial is fit. He won't replace weghorst. That is my thinking though
    Aye but his job was hold up play, he played his part with mctom and sancho in nullifying our attacks

Redlyn

I think he'll immediately bench him. More goal threat, speed and link up play at the expense of some pressing. Not that martial is all that, his form has been average.

Red00012

We do have the toughest draw in the quarter finals, by some margin, but the way people treat it like we're Grimsby Town playing City, it's a fecking joke.

And do have a go at these posters, call them out, do they even support United?
    I’d like to go back and say I told you so to the other posters but I won’t

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    What are they annoyed about?
    Looking at this later, its still a good question. They were obviously super motivated for game, felt they were doing really well, and just could not handle the correct decision of the officials. Also sounds like that call for a peno earlier in their favour ... right call again by officials, but they felt cheated. Ridiculous, especially the attack on the ref by the mad Serb.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
    Utter drivel. It was great by Sancho. This is why to avoid match day thread.
    What was great about it? Willian was centimetres from legitimately blocking the ball. Sancho needs to be finishing in those situations. If that ends up a corner and not a penalty and 2 sendings off, there’s a good chance we’re out of the cup. It was poor and should have been finished.

Just because the handball resulted in 2 red cards making the game easier, doesn’t detract from the fact that Sancho should have finished it originally.

kopviolator

I'm not sure what you're trying to say but we were about to score a goal and that's why Willian was red carded. We haven't been great but we would have pulled through.
    I just thought we played a very poor game and didn't really deserve the win. We got lucky with how Fulham threw the match away, especially Mitrovic losing it.

jimmyb2000

Thank the lord we won that......might put an end to all the "I've a bad feeling about this" style posts.........until the next game

cyberman

What was great about it? Willian was centimetres from legitimately blocking the ball. Sancho needs to be finishing in those situations. If that ends up a corner and not a penalty and 2 sendings off, there’s a good chance we’re out of the cup. It was poor and should have been finished.

Just because the handball resulted in 2 red cards making the game easier, doesn’t detract from the fact that Sancho should have finished it originally.
    He did finish it hence the need for the handball?

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
    He did finish it hence the need for the handball?
    Yeah, that’s fair.

Look, I think he hesitated and should have finished the chance before that. He gave Willian the chance to block it and fortunately he didn’t.

Jam

Agreed.

It led to a penalty and 2(3) red cards but was a massive stroke of luck of firstly Willian using his hand and secondly Fulham losing their heads.

It was great by Sancho by virtue of unpredictable outcomes. Very very easily Willian could have blocked it with his knee instead.

I’m now glad what happened, but Sancho absolutely should have buried it and it very easily could have cost us.

Fabio Rochemback

Yep, he should have got his shot away quicker and he was awful up until then. Had a few nice touches when the game opened up a lot when they were down to nine.

Dumbfounded as to how he and Bruno are sitting on average ratings of 6 and 7 :confused:

TheReligion

Abusive
    Wouldn’t be bad if he had won you the league. Would have paid for itself. Instead you spend £3m for the Aldi Peter Crouch and stick him in at 10. Somehow Felix would have been better regardless of fee.
    Didn’t watch the game but did the Aldi Peter Crouch do nothing again? Fraud player
    You seem to have a bit of a weird obsession with Weghorst.

That said you’re one of the biggest WUMs here and only pop on to wind up United fans.

Posting in the De Jong thread during your 2-2 thriller with Everton was another of your highlights.

I’ll have to pull some more together

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    Why did Fulham melt down to the degree they did? I mean, what drove them crazy at that particular moment? Sure, it was a penalty review. But there had not even been a decision when the manager started kicking bottles and haranguing the ref, and intruding in the review 'box'. I mean, he was upset that an incident was being checked by the ref? Does not add up, somehow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 50% of 283 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 246 ratings.

Score Predictions