Kick-off
Sat, 24 February 2024 @ 3:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    ..................VS........................

Date: Saturday, February 24 2024

Kickoff Time: 1500 Hrs GMT
    Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester

League Standings And Form Guide

6. Manchester United: DWWWW
    12. Fulham: LDDWL

Previous League Meetings

Fulham 0—1 Manchester United

Manchester United 2—1 Fulham

Fulham 1—2 Manchester United

Manchester United 1—0 Fulham

Fulham 1—2 Manchester United

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 48
    Fulham wins: 12
    Draws: 15

Pre-Match Pressers

Erik ten Hag

Marco Silva

Team News

Manchester United

Rasmus Højlund, Anthony Martial, Tyrell Malacia, Mason Mount, Lisandro Martínez, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Luke Shaw ruled out.

Fulham

Raúl Jiménez, Kenny Tete and João Palhinha ruled out.

Know The Opposition

Fulham Football Club (also known as The Cottagers or The Whites), is a professional association football club based in Fulham, West London, England. Fulham were formed in 1879 as Fulham St Andrew's Church Sunday School F.C., founded by worshipers (mostly adept at cricket) at the Church of England on Star Road, West Kensington (St Andrew's, Fulham Fields). Fulham's mother church still stands today with a plaque commemorating the team's foundation. They won the West London Amateur Cup in 1887 and, having shortened the name from Fulham Excelsior to its present form in 1888, they then won the West London League in 1893 at the first attempt.

Fulham started playing at their current ground at Craven Cottage in 1896, their first game against now defunct rivals Minerva. Fulham are one of the oldest established clubs in southern England currently playing professional football, though there are many non-league sides like Kent side Cray Wanderers who are several decades older. The club gained professional status on 12 December 1898, the same year that they were admitted into the Southern League's Second Division. They were the second club from London to turn professional, following Arsenal, then named Royal Arsenal 1891.

After suffering relegation to The Championship in 2013, Fulham have been on a road to recovery and were promoted to the Premier League on 26 May 2018, by winning 1–0 in the 2018 EFL Championship play-off Final against Aston Villa. Fulham fans consider their main rivals to be Chelsea, followed by Queens Park Rangers. They also have rivalries with other London clubs, including Brentford and Crystal Palace.

Referee

Michael Oliver.

Familiar Faces

Andreas Pereira (2014—22)

BorisManUtd

It'll probably be with Lindelof at LB so that's not ideal. What the hell is going on with Malacia? Seems like he'll never come back.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    A confident team should be winning these. Momentum is on our side. We’re at home, our fans should be in happier moods after our recent form so hopefully they give the players some energy to put in a good performance.

suheilsworld

Palhinha suspended for them is huge.
    That is good news indeed. He is crucial to breaking down plays and without him, away from home, that is a huge advantage for us. Just hope Casemiro and Maguire have a better game with Bruno and Rashford somehow improving their lackadaisical behavior. (I know, it is asking too much off late)

suheilsworld

Still think we will win this, but there is no comfortable victories for us barring that West Ham win few weeks back and Everton away

ArjenIsM3

I'm actually going to this game so hoping for a good result :lol:

First time I'll be seeing United and OT in the flesh, well excited

Mike Smalling

Finally, a Saturday afternoon kick-off. Hallelujah!

It's another must-win, and I would feel fairly confident about it at home. Recently we've been finding ways to win instead of ways to lose, which is a nice little boost. Same line-up, but pending Shaw's availability of course. If he's not available we have a fullback problem again.

Hughes35

You will have a great time! All being well it will be an entertaining game like we've had the last few weeks.

We all know 10 out of the starting 11. Only question is full back really. I don't like Lindelof there at all. Still think we should try Anthony but I guess we don't see him defend in training.

ArjenIsM3

You will have a great time! All being well it will be an entertaining game like we've had the last few weeks.

We all know 10 out of the starting 11. Only question is full back really. I don't like Lindelof there at all. Still think we should try Anthony but I guess we don't see him defend in training.
    Yeah Lindelof just can't play there. Here's hoping EtH comes up with another solution but unfortunately our squad lacks depth in that area.

Thiagoal

I’d start Evans for this one. Thought he was very solid when he came on and presumably Lindelof will be left back so the need for a left footer is even more important

Matt Varnish

Don't be, just hope it doesn't rain, take an umbrella. (on second thoughts don't, it will only get confiscated)

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    Damn, didnt realise we have City away after this. Becomes a must win game now. Fulham that is, not city away.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    Onana

Dalot
    Varane
    Evans
    Lindelof/Amrabat

Casemiro
    Mainoo
    Bruno

Garnachao
    Rashford
    Hojlund

3 points and Rashford/Bruno finding something resembling form would be nice

Bowlcut11

Same here! First time at OT since I was 10.

Guarantee I'll scud us as we drew 1-1 with Basel last trip but fingers crossed!

Hope you enjoy yourself mate :)

slored1

Probably going to end 22-22 in shots. Who knows what the score will be.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    Last time we were top of the form table it all came crashing down to Bournemouth at home.

To be fair we're 2nd in the form table now, but yeah, still not getting ahead of myself... We should win though. Will be going from the game to a gig in Manchester afterwards so hopefully the game doesn't ruin my night.

lysglimt

Scout
    Haha as if our wingers/wide forwards know how to cross. More like 1.5 passes to Hojlund all game, out of which he scored 3 goals.
    As I recall from that game - the majority of the crosses came from our fullbacks so Dalot and whoever replaces Shaw will have to do the job

Stats from that game 31-6 in shots - Corners 10-1 and United had 81 crosses - 65 were won by Fulham players :)

December_16

As I recall from that game - the majority of the crosses came from our fullbacks so Dalot and whoever replaces Shaw will have to do the job

Stats from that game 31-6 in shots - Corners 10-1 and United had 81 crosses - 65 were won by Fulham players :)
    Nope that game never happened. Didn’t happen. Didn’t exist. Or at least I was able to completely erase it from my memory. Holy crap what a terrible game that was.

Gordon S

Is Aron definitely out? Otherwise we could move Dalot to the left

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I’d start Evans for this one. Thought he was very solid when he came on and presumably Lindelof will be left back so the need for a left footer is even more important
    Evans is actually right footed. Although I can see why you thought that as he does use his weaker foot more than most CBs in the league.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
    AIK Stockholm
    The eleven to start i pretty much the same ones that started the last games, only Shaw that should rest even if he is not injured, let him rehab for like 7-10 days then train with team again to be ready for next game. But when i think about it, now that Paulinho is suspended and will miss the game, we should drop Casemiro and try Amrabat with Mainoo. And i feel that it could be good game to give Harry Amass his debut and a chance to show ETH that he can be a good rotation option when Shaw is fit because Lindelöf offers very little on the left side (he did play as a RB in Sweden before he was bought by Benfica and he is very good passer with his right foot but his left is useless). I am sure Harry Amass, who is dominating the u18s and has the physic already to play with the first team. If you have not heard of him or seen him play, at least go and check out highlights on YouTube or www.manutd.com - He is probably our next big thing and if he can stay focused, work hard, not pick up bigger injuries, then he will for sure be in our LB for many years and if given the chance, he might even be playing on regular basis next season even though he is only 16 years old (born in march 2007). Generational talent, great job for the club to sign him from Watford last summer (2023) when basically every club Europe were after him.
    "If he is good enough, he is old enough"

-------------------Onana
    --Dalot Maguire Varane Amass (But I am sure Lindelöf will start if both Shaw and AWB are injured)
    --..-------Amrabat Mainoo
    -----Garnacho Bruno Rashford
    -------------..----Höjlund

With our momentum at the moment, we should get the win but I would like to see us try get 2-3 goals and keep a clean sheet, when really need to try to work hard to get a better goal difference because that can be very important for the top 4 race, Tottenham +14 and 3 points and Aston Villa +19 and 5 points with 13 games left. We need to focus in the defense in "easy" games to not concede goals because we lack concentration or relax to much when we are up 2 or 3 goals (not that we are up with 3, or even 2 goals that often).

I hope Höjlund can get another goal and would be great if Rashford could get a goal and play a decent game and keep to working on his form (he has played 4 good games out the last 6, which is like 4 more then he played all season).

3-0 Man United; Höjlund, Rashford, Garnacho

Unam333

Finally, a Saturday game.

Onana

Dalot Maguire Varane Amrabat

Casemiro Mainoo

Garnacho Fernandes Rashford

Hojlund

Can't say I feel confident for this one, but at least we score goals and create chances. Problem is, we can't seem to dominate games and lose possession too often.
    2-1 United.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    Put Luke Shaw in the fridge for the Manchester derby.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 217 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw