Sat, 24 February 2024 @ 3:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    The door has opened for forson here. Could be the hero and another young player who’s shined when given the chance.

SAF is the GOAT

Would have had a better chance with him sure. But if it’s Rashford upfront then alls we have to do is time the runs and passes perfectly and we’re through. We’ve had success the last few years by countering against them. A pacy ST is all we need aslong as his finishing boots his on
    Pep has learned from past games and instructed his players to keep the ball and don't lose it

DJ_21

Pep has learned from past games and instructed his players to keep the ball and don't lose it
    Yet there still conceding. We just have to stay tight and compact and try to hit them on the break. They haven’t played anywhere near what they can this season.

SAF is the GOAT

Yet there still conceding. We just have to stay tight and compact and try to hit them on the break. They haven’t played anywhere near what they can this season.
    And what a great time for "good ol" Man united to come by

DJ_21

Until we don’t score goals and then he says Højlund is a big miss… don’t think he realises taking 1 player out of the inform front 3 will make a massive difference. It’s all about building chemistry… keep changing players doesn’t help!

lex talionis

Rashford needs to raise his game. If he does it’s hard to see Fulham getting a draw from us. If he doesn’t, we’ll drop points.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    Until we don’t score goals and then he says Højlund is a big miss… don’t think he realises taking 1 player out of the inform front 3 will make a massive difference. It’s all about building chemistry… keep changing players doesn’t help!
    Because it would be prudent for Ten Hag to say were screwed without Hojlund….

Berbasbullet

Well isn’t that what he’s going to say when we start hitting blanks?
    Who knows!

Do you think it’s be smart of a manager to basically say the replacements of Hojlund have no chance?

Scanny

Think he does realise. Why assume he’s an idiot? Not going to say it’s a big miss beforehand is he.

giggslover

Rashford needs to raise his game. If he does it’s hard to see Fulham getting a draw from us. If he doesn’t, we’ll drop points.
    Dusting myself off from my last embarrassing post...

Is Fulham a low block, park-the-bus type of team?

If so, I can't help remembering what Mourinho said about Rashford not being the best #9 with his back to the goal against those types of teams....

Oscar Bonavena

Expect this:

Onana
    Dalot Varane Maguire Lindelof
    Case Mainoo
    Garnacho Bruno Rashford
    Forson
    Would like to see this:

Onana
    Dalot Varane Maguire Amrabat
    Case
    Bruno Mainoo
    McTominay
    Garnacho ------------------Rashford
    -McT as a sort of false 9/AM arriving late to feed off cutbacks or loose balls from the wide attacks of Rashford and Garnacho.
    -Amrabat's best couple of games for us were at LB, as I recall.
    -Casemiro's workload limited by Bruno and Mainoo getting through work ahead of him. He focuses on screening the back four rather than covering too much of the pitch.

The supply lines are big diagonal balls: Bruno to Rashford, Amrabat to Garnacho.
    Amrabat was a f**king disaster at left back! I don't think he's played that position since the disaster at home against Galatasaray.

To be fair, it wasn't his fault. He's a right footed midfielder with no pace being asked to play left back, it was never gonna work!

Redivy

Expect this:

Onana
    Dalot Varane Maguire Lindelof
    Case Mainoo
    Garnacho Bruno Rashford
    Forson
    Would like to see this:

Onana
    Dalot Varane Maguire Amrabat
    Case
    Bruno Mainoo
    McTominay
    Garnacho ------------------Rashford
    -McT as a sort of false 9/AM arriving late to feed off cutbacks or loose balls from the wide attacks of Rashford and Garnacho.
    -Amrabat's best couple of games for us were at LB, as I recall.
    -Casemiro's workload limited by Bruno and Mainoo getting through work ahead of him. He focuses on screening the back four rather than covering too much of the pitch.

The supply lines are big diagonal balls: Bruno to Rashford, Amrabat to Garnacho.
    I agree with the McTominay in as a false 9. With City next week, and our inability to control games, I’d rather we try to pack the midfield.

Whoever plays fullback to replace Shaw will naturally be pulled out of position and it’ll be Casemiro and Mainoo’ job to cover that space, so an extra body in midfield could help us be more solid, and to control the game.

suheilsworld

I can see Kambwala starting at rb with Dalot shifting to lb….

Also, Forson starting over Antony might just be the final nail of Antony United career.

DJ_21

Who knows!

Do you think it’s be smart of a manager to basically say the replacements of Hojlund have no chance?
    No I'm not saying that. I’m just saying he’s gonna contradict him self in my opinion if we don’t carry on scoring goals he’ll use not having Hojlund as an excuse after saying we’ll cope without him. He mentioned Rashford as being one of the ones inform, even though he’s playing better he’s still not scoring enough goals.

DJ_21

Think he does realise. Why assume he’s an idiot? Not going to say it’s a big miss beforehand is he.
    No ones assuming that… but I bet we can all bring up past mistakes that suggest he has been.

Telsim

They are a nothing team without Palninha. We should be beating these fairly easily. But of course, we are quite shit ourselves, and now also without Hojlund, Martinez, and Shaw. I’d put McTominay upfront, or something else, just anything that’s not Marcus Rashford as a striker and Antony being on the pitch.

With some luck, we might beat them, but I just don’t see where the goals are going to come from.

Ole'sgunnarwin

The home crowd should sing to Rashford as he walks out today to tell him to put a shift in. If he does we win easily.
    Or maybe he could just put in a shift himself being on hundreds of thousands a week and not watch players running by him.

RedCurry

It’s going to be Bruno on RW and McTominay at #10 behind Rashford. Not the worst, but it will be a slog.

Oranges038

Feck a 3pm kick off.

I have 2 matches back to back today and will miss this.

3-1 Utd. Rashford, Garnacho, Bruno.

Oscar Bonavena

The injuries show how threadbare our squad is. A strong squad can absorb injuries in certain positions and simply slot in a ready made replacement (albeit maybe not quite as good) for that same position.

In a weak squad, when any starting player gets injured, they need to make 2 or 3 other positional changes just to cover for it. That always seems to be the case with us at the moment.

Oscar Bonavena

With the injuries to Shaw and especially Hojlund, I can see this being another OT slog. I'd take a scrappy 2-1 win now.

Berbasbullet

No I'm not saying that. I’m just saying he’s gonna contradict him self in my opinion if we don’t carry on scoring goals he’ll use not having Hojlund as an excuse after saying we’ll cope without him. He mentioned Rashford as being one of the ones inform, even though he’s playing better he’s still not scoring enough goals.
    He will have been asked a question about it, what else can he say other than he believes in his options?

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    Feck a 3pm kick off.

I have 2 matches back to back today and will miss this.

3-1 Utd. Rashford, Garnacho, Bruno.
    Are you playing football. If so hope the pitch is not too muddy and best of luck.

daveskimufc

Realised the weekend had crept up on me, so came to check when the match was. Find my self delighted with a 3pm Saturday kickoff time

Oranges038

Are you playing football. If so hope the pitch is not too muddy and best of luck.
    Aye, have one as a coach with an underage team, which I'm hoping doesn't go to extra time and then I'm playing straight after. It's days like today you realise just how much time football takes out of your life when you're involved in a small club, will be at the pitch for about 5 or 6 hours today. Genuinely can't wait, I love this game.

RedIan

The club knew in January Martial was out and if Rasmus got injured we had no centre forward. why not get someone in on loan as cover. Big gaff.
    my preference today is to start Amad as a 9. If it looks poor throw mct up front.
    The reality is we will get Rashford at 9 Anthony and Garnacho wide.

Resonance

The club knew in January Martial was out and if Rasmus got injured we had no centre forward. why not get someone in on loan as cover. Big gaff.
    my preference today is to start Amad as a 9. If it looks poor throw mct up front.
    Another Weghorst? Why not just promote from within?

tomaldinho1

Genuine question, what did you expect his answer to be before a game?

‘Yes, big miss, as you know Rashford hasn’t been great this season so we’re hoping Garnacho bales us out’

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Dusting myself off from my last embarrassing post...

Is Fulham a low block, park-the-bus type of team?

If so, I can't help remembering what Mourinho said about Rashford not being the best #9 with his back to the goal against those types of teams....
    :lol: fair play. We all make mistakes.

Fulham don't park the bus in the same way a Sheffield United would, or a Palace under Hodgson would, but they're not as frontfoot as a Villa or a Brighton. I guess the modern term would be mid-block?

Rashford should still find some space in behind at the right moments, but it won't be constant.

Unam333

Ten Hag mentioned something about FFP restrictions. No idea of it applies to loan deals.

DJ_21

Genuine question, what did you expect his answer to be before a game?

‘Yes, big miss, as you know Rashford hasn’t been great this season so we’re hoping Garnacho bales us out’
    I was just saying he’ll be contradicting himself if we don’t score goals.

Alemar

No Amass today - he is starting for a youth team. So Lindelof at LB?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 217 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw