Wed, 8 February 2023 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    What's the point of sticking it where it is if they're not able to get TV rights covered though? I get they need to have these games played, but it's coming at literally the worst possible time for us - as did the Palace away fixture. Could they not have waited for us to play Barca and see if more options opened up? It's not like massively we're behind on games played currently relative to others.
    If the Palace and Leeds games weren’t played this early and we beat Barca we’d likely have 3 games more than there were open midweek/weekend slots until the end of the season. Where do you want to put those games? They had to be proactive and not bank on someone knocking us out early in EL/FAC. Even if we ‘only’ reach the semis in those comps we have maxed out on open slots since the finals are being played after the PL has ended.

That we aren’t behind on games played right now is no the point. No other team is anywhere near us with the amount of potential fixtures remaining.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    Rescheduled fixture that wasn't originally for broadcast. A joke, again. Laughable how this happens all the time, whereas people overseas are able to watch.
    Move overseas then. You can’t both host the entire league AND expect to watch every game on tv. Do you hear any of us from overseas complaining that we can’t travel to every game?

Silverman

Much better that we are playing them at Old Trafford first to curb any new manager bounce. We should be beating them no bother. If we can beat them convincingly, it should help to give us a leg up in the return fixture at the weekend.
    If it was at Elland Road, tomorrow night then it would be set up nicely for them for an upset.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
    Much better that we are playing them at Old Trafford first to curb any new manager bounce. We should be beating them no bother. If we can beat them convincingly, it should help to give us a leg up in the return fixture at the weekend.
    If it was at Elland Road, tomorrow night then it would be set up nicely for them for an upset.
    There's no aggregate score :(

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
    They haven't looked good recently but Marsch leaving could be a factor.

redcucumber

Generally I'd agree that it can be problematic facing a team that's just sacked an ailing manager, but it's Chris Armas that's taking charge. We're quids in.

sincher

I have no idea about Armas but almost any new ideas would probably be welcome for them at the moment, they look out of ideas.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    I don't think they looked demoralised or unmotivated? they just lack quality and are struggling.

Sacking their manager won't change their form short term. I'm not even sure a local 'derby' will get them up for it, as most of them aren't English anyway.

sincher

I don't think they looked demoralised or unmotivated? they just lack quality and are struggling.

Sacking their manager won't change their form short term. I'm not even sure a local 'derby' will get them up for it, as most of them aren't English anyway.
    I agree they haven't looked demoralised, they have looked like they need different tactics and probably a different selection, so a manager change (any manager change) might help. Actually Bamford's comments about them needing runners to play off him look spot on, even though he should have kept them in house. I am not sure they should be trying to play both Harrison and Gnonto, for example, who both seem to want to hug the left wing... and they seem to have no balance with nothing much offered on the right. They could bring in Rutter or Sinisterra to freshen up the attack.

Pronewbie

Peep
    Can't believe how inflexible the PL/rules are for the broadcasting of rescheduled matches that weren't picked up. Surely there's at least a couple million to be made for each match.

Josh 76

What's the point of sticking it where it is if they're not able to get TV rights covered though? I get they need to have these games played, but it's coming at literally the worst possible time for us - as did the Palace away fixture. Could they not have waited for us to play Barca and see if more options opened up? It's not like massively we're behind on games played currently relative to others.
    The good thing about having this fixture now is that Leeds won’t have any advantage as we play the same team again In a few days.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Can't believe how inflexible the PL/rules are for the broadcasting of rescheduled matches that weren't picked up. Surely there's at least a couple million to be made for each match.
    PL are so behind on tv rights it's insane. Grinds my gears every time this happens.

It's bad enough I have to pay for Sky, BT and Amazon - half the matches aren't even watchable! It's no wonder so many people are choosing illegal routes instead.

suheilsworld

Generally I'd agree that it can be problematic facing a team that's just sacked an ailing manager, but it's Chris Armas that's taking charge. We're quids in.
    Leeds co-caretaker boss Michael Skubala, along with fellow coaches Paco Gallardo and Chris Armas, will be taking charge and the former is the one giving the press conference just now.

redcucumber

Leeds co-caretaker boss Michael Skubala, along with fellow coaches Paco Gallardo and Chris Armas, will be taking charge and the former is the one giving the press conference just now.
    Ah, still. Bet we stick at least a few past them.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    No Antony, Anthony, Case, Eriksen, McT then. We will need Sabitzer and Sancho to be on it. Back them to achieve it too.

DDG

AWB
    Varane
    Martinez
    Shaw

Fred
    Sabitzer

Sancho
    Bruno
    Rashford

Wout

Depending on how likely we are to have players return for the weekend, I could see why resting Varane may come into the thinking, but I reckon we'll go as strong as possible.

avgp_1

We should have enough for them even with the players missing.

The away game will be a lot tougher though. Could do with Antony being back for that one.

Bwuk

One of Garnacho or Sancho will come in now for Antony. I’d go with Sancho. It’s a home game against a side that’s really been struggling. We really need Sancho to find form with all our injuries.

waza7111

I don't remember Rashford having a good game on the right so leave him where he is.

Sancho on the right.

saivet

Expecting Rashford to start on the right and Garnacho on the left with Weghorst down the middle now.
    Yeah expecting that too. Not sure he will want to start Sancho today given he's only had 30mins

JustKatie

Yikes that's a lot of players out!

Still with Sabitzer and Sancho back we can call it "rotation"

Could be a good game and a win puts more pressure on second.

Havak

Pokemon master
    Yeah expecting that too. Not sure he will want to start Sancho today given he's only had 30mins
    Yeah, I'm like 99% on this unless EtH wants to save the legs of Varane or Shaw and start them in the away game. But I firmly believe EtH's ethos is to start as strong as possible and earn your early finish by having the game won in 60~.

de Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Varane Martinez Shaw
    Sabitzer Fred
    Rashford Bruno Garnacho
    Weghorst​

Dalot, Malacia, Sancho on as subs for sure. Potentially one of Maguire/Lindelof and a younger player like Mainoo or even just Elanga getting a run out if the score is 3-0 after 75 minutes etc. Got to start putting teams to the sword more in the first half.

Bertie Wooster

Getting very tricky now with plenty of matches and a growing collection of unavailable players.

The bench is going to be lacking in CM's and game changing attacking players - with that in mind, we really need our starters to be at their best so I'd rather we pick the likes of Fernandes and Rashford in their best positions - #10, wide left - rather than move them to wide right or up front. So I'll probably go for...

De Gea

Wan Bissaka
    Varane
    Martinez
    Shaw

Fred
    Sabitzer

Sancho
    Fernandes
    Rashford

Weghorst

With just pretty much Garnacho as an impact sub capable of changing the game.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
    I am very pessimistic about those two next games. Squad is paper thin at the moment, we will play probably half fit Sancho, there are also concerns about Sabitzer fitness (I wouldn't be surprised if he's not on 100%) and basically no cover for him and Fred.

From bench looking good against Nottingham we are back in a situation where the only sensible change to midfield and attack is Garnacho.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
    A famous example being 1963-64 when United lost 1-6 at Burnley on Boxing Day, before beating them 5-1 at Old Trafford two days later. Wasn't always local, in 1960-61 we beat Chelsea 2-1 at Stamford Bridge on Christmas Eve before trouncing them 6-0 at home on Boxing Day.
    Think that 2nd Burnley game saw George Best make his debut.

Bertie Wooster

Play Rashford, Garnacho and Sancho up front.
    I'd prefer that more for the away game a few days later.

There's always a chance Antony or Martial could be back by then, of course, but I'd prefer Garnacho starting instead of Weghorst in the away game when Leeds should come out more and we should have more space for quick players to drive into on the break.

bosskeano

i'd start Garnacho Rashford Sancho up top....they are all mobile and will give Leeds back four absolute fits

Bruno Fred and Sabitzer in the midfield as well we don't really have many other options

kidbob

feck sake I only just heard Antony is out. I know a lot have complaints on him but he's a huge loss right now. Hopefully Sancho is fit and ready to come in and Pellistri will be up for rotation (could be a huge chance for the lad depending on how ETH goes). Really hoping Martial is back and fit for the next couple of games with the Antony news. Feel a lot more comfortable with him up front with the numbers we are already down.

Praying McTominay can make the bench too just for numbers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 263 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw