Varane
    Dalot?

Fred
    Sabitzer

Garnacho
    Bruno
    Antony

Rashford

Time to start playing Rashford through the middle. Weghorst ain't it and Martial should be written off for good now.
    Rashford doesn’t particularly like playing anywhere else than on the left wing though. Weghorst hasn’t quite hit the ground running yet, but he’s only played 2-3 times. Martial scored the other week and will deliver once he’s fully fit and confident.

Last edited:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
    Do we only ever play games at Old Trafford these days?

bosskeano

Leeds are a solid side and have the ability to hurt you going forward hwoever defensively at times they are a mess.....this is one where i'd like to see marcus start up top with antony and sancho

prateik

Is McT going to be back or still injured? We need the options on the bench.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    Time for Lindelof to channel his inner Makelale

————-——De Gea—————
    AWB—Varane-Martinez-Shaw
    ——————Lindelof—————-
    ———-Sabitzer—Bruno————
    Antony———Wout——Rashford

bosskeano

need to continue winning our home matches to ensure a top 4 finish and win points on the road when we should

Todd

Rashford doesn’t particularly like playing anywhere else than on the left wing though. Weghorst hasn’t quite hit the ground running yet, but he’s only played 2-3 times. Martial scored the other week and will deliver once he’s fully fit and confident.
    Rashford was moved center today and scored within a few minutes. He's a better option at the #9 than anyone else we have, and we have no shortage of wingers available to fill the void on the left.

Martial will never be fully fit again. I wish this wasn't the case, but the lad will clearly never have a run of games without something going wrong. We need to move on from him in the summer.

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    I quite like this team some have endorsed, but think it may be too early for Sancho for a start:

---------------------------de Gea
    Dalot-------Varane----------Martinez------Shaw
    -------------------Sabitzer------Fred
    Rashford-------------Bruno-------------Garnacho
    -----------------------Workhorse

I think Antony could do with being dropped for a game or two, at least as a starter. If McTominay isn't ready for the away game I'd fancy playing Martinez as a DM and having Shaw at centre back. Would be nice to see us gain comfortable control in the first half and get Pellistri on.

We'll likely not contest the red card as it may delay Casemiro's suspension so he'd miss the cup final.

Bertie Wooster

Think the Casemiro red was harsh / wrong, but not sure it'll be overturned. Still, I'm edging my bets (and crossing my fingers) by having him as a possible in the team.

Think I'd give Weghorst another start in a home match, where we'll have a lot of the ball again. If he has another reasonably quiet game, then I'd go with Rashford as CF in the away Leeds game where his pace up top might be more beneficial.

De Gea

AWB
    Varane
    Martinez
    Shaw

Casemiro / Sabitzer
    Fred
    Fernandes

Antony / Sancho
    Weghorst
    Rashford

bosskeano

i think this match against Leeds you play Sancho Rashford and Antony as the front three and just run at the Leeds defense b/c they are the weak spot of this team

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
    Supports
    The only team that matters
    i think this match against Leeds you play Sancho Rashford and Antony as the front three and just run at the Leeds defense b/c they are the weak spot of this team
    No chance that Sancho starts, Weghorst will start, Sancho has been out for months and needs more than a 20 min sub appearence to start a PL game

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    No chance that Sancho starts, Weghorst will start, Sancho has been out for months and needs more than a 20 min sub appearence to start a PL game
    This is Manchester United vs Leeds United. The game is like double speed for Weghorst.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
    Supports
    The only team that matters
    This is Manchester United vs Leeds United. The game is like double speed for Weghorst.
    Maybe, if Martial was fit he'd start but that's not looking likely, maybe as Casemiro's missing they start with 3 at the back and Shaw and AWB as wingbacks but I doubt it

bringbackbebe

Then Antony will be a bad fit. He's not going to run at the Leeds defence. Garnacho is a better bet.

Longlivekeano

————————de Gea———————

-AwB——-Varane——Martinez—Shaw

—————-Fred/ McTom—-Sabitzer————

————————Bruno————————-

—-Anthony——-Rashford—-Sancho—

Subs: heaton, Dalot, weghorst, garnacho, mainoo

prediction:4-1 rashford 2, Bruno, sancho

Last edited:

bosskeano

Then Antony will be a bad fit. He's not going to run at the Leeds defence. Garnacho is a better bet.
    Garnacho isn't a better fit....you guys and your obsession wiht garnacho becoming a starting XI player. he just broke into the first team

Sancho didn't play against Palace so it makes sense to give him 45 minutes to start and see how he handles it. then you can bring on garnacho.

bringbackbebe

Garnacho isn't a better fit....you guys and your obsession wiht garnacho becoming a starting XI player. he just broke into the first team

Sancho didn't play against Palace so it makes sense to give him 45 minutes to start and see how he handles it. then you can bring on garnacho.
    Doesn't take a lot to see Antony can't dribble past or take on defenders. I'm not saying he's a bad player, I'm just saying these aren't his best attributes. I don't get how the strategy is going to involve both running at defenders as well as accommodating Antony.

croadyman

I quite like this team some have endorsed, but think it may be too early for Sancho for a start:

---------------------------de Gea
    Dalot-------Varane----------Martinez------Shaw
    -------------------Sabitzer------Fred
    Rashford-------------Bruno-------------Garnacho
    -----------------------Workhorse

I think Antony could do with being dropped for a game or two, at least as a starter. If McTominay isn't ready for the away game I'd fancy playing Martinez as a DM and having Shaw at centre back. Would be nice to see us gain comfortable control in the first half and get Pellistri on.

We'll likely not contest the red card as it may delay Casemiro's suspension so he'd miss the cup final.
    Initially I thought no chance of appeal but when you hear Waddle and MOTD panel saying harsh maybe it's worth a try

Bobade

Everytime I watch Leeds they can't finish their dinner. Not worried.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Has to be a sabitzer and Fred midfield against these. Leeds play with a lot of intensity and energy so they’ll be perfect for this game. I’d also go with a front 3 of sancho, rashford and Antony, plenty of pace, creativity and movement in that front 3. Leeds always play an open game so they’ll be space behind them.

ForeverRed1

Set up strong and go for it. Rotate players in second half if we can get a 2-0 cushion. We still have the players to do a job without burning the starting 11 out.

Ludens the Red

A little concerned about this one with the Casemiro suspension in that midfield area. One thing these do is run a lot. With team America in midfield now they’ve signed mckennie, we have to outwork them in that area.

RedIan

We look far more threatening with Rashford central, Garnacho left and Anthony or Sancho right.
    wout works hard and makes some decent lay offs but offers little attacking threat.

Eplel

As long as McT doesn't play, we can go a few games without Case.

Dazzmondo

Hopefully Weghorst is taken out of the team and we push Rashford up front and put either Garnacho or Sancho on left. I'd also like to see Dalot come in for AWB. Casemiro replacement is the biggest decision. Does a midfield of Sabitzer and Fred work? Wouldn't be shocked to see Lindelof tried at dm since he's already come on a few times to play there.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 263 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win