g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Manchester United vs Lens (Sat 5th August, 12:45 UK time)

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Højlund unveiled before KO tomorrow and plays Sunday I reckon. Be surprised if he was unveiled and played tomorrow
Which would be class.
Maybe he gets announced in the morning.
I'm hoping that the folk who were optimistic on this saying that he's likely training with the team today are correct at least.

Big Andy

Bloke
I was at OT when Bryan Robson signed for us. Now how does one post a photo on this site?
You have to post it to Niall at

Niall
Redcafe.net
The Leisure Centre
cnut Road
Hull
C21 UNT

He then scans it in on his inkjet printer and then emails you the copy and then you attach it.

StamsShinyHead

"SAF you're an old dick, but I respect you."
Decided not to go to the game in Dublin. Instead going to this one on Manchester. Was pretty much the same price total because tickets are sold out for Dublin and people are charging a lot for second hand.

Hope I haven't made a mistake in terms of which one we play our first team. But that's anyone's guess.

Snagged a good ticket near the halfway line so happy enough.

Hell if a ticket pops up for Sunday's game at a reasonable price maybe I'll go to both

Flew over for this match too. I'm easy enough with who plays. Went to the Rayo match last year and was happy to see a few fringe heads get a run out. It'll be good to see the Hojlund unveiling at least.

laughtersassassin

Flew over for this match too. I'm easy enough with who plays. Went to the Rayo match last year and was happy to see a few fringe heads get a run out. It'll be good to see the Hojlund unveiling at least.
I won't be too disappointed either way. Shame Amad and Mainoo got those injuries as those are two players Id like to see live if the younger lads where being played.

Yeah the Hojlund announcement on the pitch should be cool

Last edited:

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
I feel like we might be a little undercooked going into the new season, I'd have liked to have seen at least one more game of our starters playing together. We look like we still have some kinks to iron out tactically, as well as sharpening up in the final third.
I'd say ETH agrees with you, I hear that they are having a closed door friendly between the Bilbao and Wolves games. Don't know the opposition, probably a local club.

RedDevilRoshi

That'd be a lovely treat. Don't think I can ever recall seeing a player unveiled / announced in that fashion?
My local team Hibs done it last season. Re-signed fan favourite Martin Boyle from a Saudi team for a club record fee, official announcement in the morning at 8am and he was on the bench for the Edinburgh derby against Hearts at 12:45pm that same day. Came off the bench and scored a late equaliser.

santeria13

Sublemon
who arranged this pre-season? What is it with us having 2 sets of fixtures within 1 day of each other?

YikesSchmeics

Given the prices for the Aviva game there will be murder if there isn't some big names
My little boy (5) is being corrupted by the neighbours kids who are City fans so this game is my hit and hope to steer him back to United. Need a good team and a good showing!

USREDEVIL

My little boy (5) is being corrupted by the neighbours kids who are City fans so this game is my hit and hope to steer him back to United. Need a good team and a good showing!
is this a thing in Manchester? Yikes. Probably have a similar thing over here with the more fashionable and more recently successful LAFC versus LA Galaxy (og).

YikesSchmeics

is this a thing in Manchester? Yikes. Probably have a similar thing over here with the more fashionable and more recently successful LAFC versus LA Galaxy (og).
I'm in Dublin. The neighbours kids are a couple of years older and have more influence over him than I do. He still has only United kits etc but can feel it slipping.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
who arranged this pre-season? What is it with us having 2 sets of fixtures within 1 day of each other?
That would be the gaffer. He wants to get as much in-game practice as possible. Apparently it's be 2 teams. One team will play 80 mins, the other 10mins then vice versa in the Dublin game.
Apparently there may even be a close door game after those.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It actually does make sense since it allows both our strongest 11 and second 11 to get a full match each (or close to it) a week before the season starts. Otherwise as the preseason wears on and our starting 11 gets more and more minutes the backups would be getting less and less.

Von Mistelroum

Aye, we can't fight it forever. I live in Yorkshire and never saw City shirts at all even up to a few years ago, but now they're everywhere. City are genuinely growing and it's only a matter of time with the Glazers handicapping United too. Kids want those glory teams.

IrishRedDevil

It actually does make sense since it allows both our strongest 11 and second 11 to get a full match each (or close to it) a week before the season starts. Otherwise as the preseason wears on and our starting 11 gets more and more minutes the backups would be getting less and less.
Thats cool and all, but it’s important that our first team starts the season well to get points on the board. It’s all about momentum.
Our competitors have played more games than us.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
It will be a spit on Dublin ticket holders if an academy team is sent to play. The tickets for Dublin were €75 each for feck sake.

flappyjay

It will be a spit on Dublin ticket holders if an academy team is sent to play. The tickets for Dublin were €75 each for feck sake.
I thinks it's probably potential starting 11 at old Trafford then the squad players the following day. Good god clubs have no shame, those tickets are expensive for pre season games.

Trex

I thinks it's probably potential starting 11 at old Trafford then the squad players the following day. Good god clubs have no shame, those tickets are expensive for pre season games.
The law of demand and supply.

McGrathsipan

To absolutely fraud 50,000 fans in Dublin with fecking subs and fringe players will be a massive feck you to the Irish supporters with the price of the tickets.

Trex

Yeah for first team players. If you order and pay big money for fillet steak and get a fecking pork chop you have every right to be furious
I think we'll see the main 11 today and the Dortmund line up tomorrow. They are all first teamers.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
To absolutely fraud 50,000 fans in Dublin with fecking subs and fringe players will be a massive feck you to the Irish supporters with the price of the tickets.
To be fair though everyone has known about these 2 back to back fixtures for ages. And to me it's obvious that OT will get the stronger team. So it's not like the club is actively misleading you here.

McGrathsipan

I think we'll see the main 11 today and the Dortmund line up tomorrow. They are all first teamers.
Big names is what we paid to see. I'll be happy enough with five or six big names and fringe players

McGrathsipan

To be fair though everyone has known about these 2 back to back fixtures for ages. And to me it's obvious that OT will get the stronger team. So it's not like the club is actively misleading you here.
I disagree completely. Shouldn't be obvious at all.

captaincantona

Not at all. Lens only announced late June. It’s complete disrespect to Irish fans if a weak or u21 squad is sent to Dublin.