Manchester United vs Lens (Sat 5th August, 12:45 UK time)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester, England
Kick off time: 12:45 local, 12:45 UK
Channel: MUTV

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Hopefully our players get their arses out of their end points and give us the victory in the final stretch of over-innings. Any less and EtH will be swinging his way over to the guillotine room. Chop chop.

3-1 to the team in red.

Wrecking ralf

Which one of these games will the first team play. Guessing it’ll the same situation as the Wrexham/Madrid games

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
One of the matches should be a dress rehearsal for Wolves.

Whichever one it is, I'd go

Onana

Shaw
Varane
Martinez
AWB

Casemiro
Mount
Bruno

Rashford
Sancho
Antony

Try to give the ones who have played the most 90 minutes and get minutes for others including, hopefully, Højlund

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No idea which of the 2 will be the starters. I'm guessing this one. Might even be the starters and backups playing full game each for the most part. But should be the actual starting 11 for the first game of the season as we haven't seen that at all so far, closest thing was 15 minutes yesterday til Sancho got subbed off, though Evans for Varane.

Rashford Sancho Antony
Mount Bruno
Casemiro
Shaw Martinez Varane Dalot
Onana
2nd game:
Garnacho Hojlund Amad
Eriksen Donny
Mctominay
Williams Lindelof Maguire Wan Bissaka
Heaton
Dalot should be ahead of Wan Bissaka. I think there's a good balance of work rate there and his defending isn't that bad. The build up is a huge plus when he's in, as is our right flank play.

Martial to get like 30 minutes in each game

RuudTom83

Very hard to know which players will play on the Saturday game or the Sunday game.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Please don't play a few of the first team in each game, they need time together. It's the two away games that worry me which is why we need to get Hojlund done and training so he can get some game time even if I wouldn't start him vs Wolves.

strandty

The clue is in the official match posters.

If you go based solely on the two images, it'll be first string OT then others in Dublin. Although Sancho has played in most of the first team selections.

tidraKS

I guess we play 60 + 30 minutes to 2 different teams in these 2 games. Not sure about these back to back games, hopefully no harm on them.

tidraKS

Lens game:

Onana
Dalot -- Varane -- Martinez -- Shaw
Casemiro
Mount -- Bruno
Antony -- Rashford -- Sancho

Bilbao game:

Heaton
AWB -- Maguire -- Lindelof -- Williams
McTominay
Amad -- Eriksen
Pellistri -- Hojlund -- Garnacho​

Big Andy

Bloke
I'm going to this so I'm hopeful that they'll play the starting XI. The first XI haven't really played all that much this pre season tbh, so I'd definitely be giving them a 75 minute run out. We need to start the season strongly for once, so need to hit the ground running. I'm hoping Hojlund will start if he's completed in time (has he played any pre season for Atalanta?)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hojlund needs to play with the first team if possible.

Bertie Wooster

Lens game:

Onana
Casemiro
Mount -- Bruno

Bilbao game:

Heaton
McTominay
Amad -- Eriksen
Yeah, I'd be happy with something like that.

I'd be surprised if the Lens game wasn't the strongest line up. It's our only home friendly of the season - I think it would be strange to play a weakened team in our only PSF at Old Trafford.

But at least the other team above - v Sociedad - is still a pretty strong team of genuine first team squad players, rather than an U21 team or anything.

Faetheshire86

Our first and second team have had similar minutes this pre-season. 45 each against Arsenal, then 60-30 for the Madrid and Dortmund game. The next progression would be 90 each against Lens and Bilbao. My guess is the Madrid starters will play this game and will likely be close to the XI against Wolves, with the Dortmund starters playing against Bilbao. We then have Fernandez, Mejbri, Evans, Hugill, Gore, Forson who can provide cover for injuries and subs.

I feel like we might be a little undercooked going into the new season, I'd have liked to have seen at least one more game of our starters playing together. We look like we still have some kinks to iron out tactically, as well as sharpening up in the final third.

The interesting thing for me, will be seeing where Hojlund fits in. My guess is that he will be with the second string and will start the season on the bench so he can be eased in.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Would have liked to see an interview on Mutv before the game

Johan77

Lens game:

Onana
Casemiro
Mount -- Bruno

Bilbao game:

Heaton
McTominay
Amad -- Eriksen
Amad will miss the start of the season, so won't play

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
They don't need to announce at all. He already sign a contract that's the most important thing.
If his work visa comes through then he can do. The official announcement is for PR just
Just find it a bit bizarre announcing himself via photos from training before the official announcement.
Only way I can imagine if we tell media not to post any training photos including him tomorrow before the announcement.

Trex

Just find it a bit bizarre announcing himself via photos from training before the official announcement.
Only way I can imagine if we tell media not to post any training photos including him tomorrow before the announcement.
You wouldn't see him on anything united media till he's unveiled. Not so difficult to omit footage of him in training.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Given the prices for the Aviva game there will be murder if there isn't some big names

Castia

Tickets available for £20 each. Thinking of going to this although I’m out in town tomorrow night so will be a very long day

laughtersassassin

Decided not to go to the game in Dublin. Instead going to this one on Manchester. Was pretty much the same price total because tickets are sold out for Dublin and people are charging a lot for second hand.

Hope I haven't made a mistake in terms of which one we play our first team. But that's anyone's guess.

Snagged a good ticket near the halfway line so happy enough.

Hell if a ticket pops up for Sunday's game at a reasonable price maybe I'll go to both

Last edited: