Manchester United vs Lens (Sat 5th August, 12:45 UK time)

TsuWave

That opening two minutes was putting me to sleep. I hope to see ideas today and not just counter attacking football.
Sometimes you guys sound like the 90 minutes of football is an inconvenience - and you just want to get to the moaning

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s weird how the crowd noise changes when it’s a friendly compared to a normal match day. It sounds like masters football or something, more kids maybe?

Tony247

Until Rashford improves his first touch when receiving the ball he won't be able to rule the game as a striker.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It’s weird how the crowd noise changes when it’s a friendly compared to a normal match day. It sounds like masters football or something, more kids maybe?
Nothing at stake so people are more relaxed.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
More kids and maybe some it is their first game. Sometimes it is better trying them out with a friendly game first.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Today Lens fans are singing which is fairly different to many PL games.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
not many ST holders will go to this - I know several people taking kids for their first ever OT game

plus its a friendly

Hester_manc

Seriously? Eriksen over Mount?
Yes, of course. :houllier:
I'm not that impressed with Mount, who I see as a player who varies far too much in performance. One day he is good, the next he almost has to pay the entrance fee, as he is a spectator. Eriksen has a large working radius and even on his worst days, you are 100% sure that he attends to his tasks and works. In addition, Eriksen has a top level that Mount does not come close to even on his best days.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I'm not that impressed with Mount, who I see as a player who fluctuates far too much in performance. One day he is good, the next he almost has to pay the entrance fee, as he is a spectator. Eriksen has a large working radius and even on his worst days, you are 100% sure that he attends to his tasks and works. In addition, Eriksen has a top level that Mount does not come close to even on his best days.
:lol:

Rockets Redglare

I'm not that impressed with Mount, who I see as a player who fluctuates far too much in performance. One day he is good, the next he almost has to pay the entrance fee, as he is a spectator. Eriksen has a large working radius and even on his worst days, you are 100% sure that he attends to his tasks and works. In addition, Eriksen has a top level that Mount does not come close to even on his best days.
Mount has only played a couple of pre-season games and he has already looked like he offers a lot more than Eriksen, who was been absolutely dreadful since his injury.

I guess we’ll just agree to disagree.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I know it's only a pre-season match, but we still don't look like a top side. We don't dominate possession or create many chances. Most of our chances seem to be from counters

Parma Dewol

Download the ManUtd app - you can watch for free on your phone
What am I doing wrong? Seen this suggested a few times, yet whenever I try watching in the United app, it tells me to subscribe to MUTV.

Dazzmondo

Fabrizio confirms Hojlund's injured and will miss the first few weeks. That's really annoying

miked99

It's a different crowd. Full of people who don't normally get the chance to go, lots of families. For a lot of people there it will be the only games they get to attend in a season.

And you're right, the crowd sound is always more high pitched :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sloppy at the back so far

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Bit worried we seem to be lacking sharpness with a week until the PL starts.

zaafi

I'm not that impressed with Mount, who I see as a player who varies far too much in performance. One day he is good, the next he almost has to pay the entrance fee, as he is a spectator. Eriksen has a large working radius and even on his worst days, you are 100% sure that he attends to his tasks and works. In addition, Eriksen has a top level that Mount does not come close to even on his best days.
I know you're Danish but come the feck on. What the hell even is that bolded part?