Manchester United vs. Liverpool

pauldyson1uk

I thought Carrick was superb today and Cleverley played well alongside him, although should have gotten closer to Gerrard on their goal. We were completely comfortable until they scored, Sturridge was making a difference but I didn't feel we were under any pressure until their goal and then the last 10 minutes were edge of the seat stuff, but we still could have gotten another.

All in all though 3 vital points and another big game won. :devil:
My Man of the Match today

Will Absolute

You can say what you want, doesn't mean you're right. Great play to get into the position and then he lost his balance, understandable if you ask me because he's put quite a shift in today.
Except that he always loses his balance, or turns and runs away from the goal, or gets the ball trapped under his feet, or falls down inexplicably, or.......

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
De Gea is an average goal keeper according to Redknapp.

Okay.
Fukk. Keepers are forced to make one handed saves all the time. They can't all be calmly directed just past the post.

The problem started with a loose ball by Clevz. Gerrard wasn't closed down and took a very good shot. Rafael stood still.

Back to de Gea. It was not possible for de Gea to make a clean two hand catch on the shot. You simply can't ask to deal with that shot any better than he did. It looks bad because three goals have gone in like that over the last month but I guarantee you every top keeper is put in that position several times every season.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Poor team selection from us, not sure what the feck we were trying to achieve in that first half.

DevilRed

Good hardfought 3 points for the lads. There will be people moaning about how we weren't able to kill off the match but we defended very well especially in the last 10 minutes.

They definately looked alot better as expected after they threw on their 3 strikers. Obviously a little disappointed we didn't exploit their gaps on the break a little more. Thats really the one thing we are lacking, is that pace on the wings to break on the counter and punish people for coming forwards.

I think Kagawa is a great signing and you can tell he is slowly getting used to the pace of the game in England and also his new teammates. The linkups with Cleverley were great but I think there comes a time especially in the second half when they really needed to put more incisive balls into the box or beat a man, rather than pass it round and round. Thats where we are lacking right now. Someone who is naturally left footed, with pace that can beat a defender and put in a cross (gareth bale!).

Terrific midfield performance by Carrick and Cleverley. If there is one thing young Tom needs to do better is stop giving the ball away in our half. There has been more than one occassion where he has given an impossible pass for a teammate in a dangerous area that has led to us conceding. Today was such a case again. I think with experience he will know when to play the tippy tappy stuff and when to boot the fecking thing away.

A big result for us and it can only put more pressure on the other teams to chase us.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Poor team selection from us, not sure what the feck we were trying to achieve in that first half.
Yeah felt very restrained in that half with you lot not offering much, to my great pleasure.

Different proposition in the 2nd half though with Sturridge on, and we sitting back more and more. A month ago you wouldn't have even had that option, so that's a positive for you lot at least.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
How much of Liverpool's possession was in and around their own penalty area?

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, they didn't look like they knew if they were supposed to be pressing us or not.

Johnson didn't get forward at all either.
Absolutely no pressing from us in the first half. We just let you dictate the game and tried to park the bus. Couldn't cope with your pressure in the middle when we did have it and our forward 3 was so far apart we couldn't cause any damage. Allen shouldn't have started.

Highlights Rodgers inexperience for me, more than anything. Ferguson outfoxed him for the first 45 minutes.

DevilRed

Welbeck MOTM , and well deserved.
Ran his arse off. Did everything but score a goal. Only a matter of time before he figures it out and gets it all together. By then we will have a world class striker on our hands.

Right now he still looks clumsy/indecisive in dangerous positions. Just needs that little bit more experience and the game will slow down for him.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Ran his arse off. Did everything but score a goal. Only a matter of time before he figures it out and gets it all together. By then we will have a world class striker on our hands.

Right now he still looks clumsy/indecisive in dangerous positions. Just needs that little bit more experience and the game will slow down for him.
Nice they gave it to him but Carrick was in al league of his own