Sat, 6 November 2021 @ 12:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
    City have camped in our own half and have treated us like Burnley in our own back yard, it's embarrassing. Barring a miraculous turn around in the second half, he has to go after this game.

Walters_19_MuFc

Despite being battered, City havent really created a lof of clear cut chances. The Jesus one was the notable one.

Going in at 1 nil would have been fine. Regroup, possibly make some changes (personnel or tactically) and see if we can grab a goal in the second.

As it is, we concede a fecking shit goal on the stroke of half time and it gives us a lot to do going into the second.

Acole9

Outstanding
    We lose nothing by sticking a caretaker manager in until we get the right appointment, I refuse to believe anyone with an ounce of football experience couldn't get a team setup better to play to its strengths and get basics right.

City genuinely could score at will in this 2nd half.
    I would take a caretaker boss for the rest of the season over this shite.

Delano

How can our board cannot see this? United DNA? Park the bus, string no passes together and get destroyed by your rivals. We're an absolute joke.

Okey

Well, nothing to analyse really. We're probably the worst coached team in the league. We hit rock bottom against Liverpool last time, and somehow decided it was ok. I don't know what's beneath rock bottom. God only knows what our ambitions are for the season, with an amateur in charge of what should be a competitive squad.

HailtotheKing

2-0 about right. Should really be 3 were it not for DDG. I still don’t get the team he selected. Should have gone with Chelsea. Seriously though, Mcfred create nothing, you have shaw and AWB as wingbacks and only Bruno to create so you put Greenwood up front with Ronaldo.

AaronRedDevil

Of course it was DDG's fault. A limp piece of goalkeeping, more worried about the post than putting his body in the way.

Yes there were mistakes in the buildup but it doesn't absolve him of a save any top keeper should make.
    We'd be down 5-0 if it wasn't for him.

Denis79

Conte dodged a bullet!
    Watching this it's crystal clear that Ole is the problem. We're set up the way teams defend a 1-0 lead with 5 minutes to go. You can not survive 90 minutes like this. We are being humiliated because of Ole, not because of their "superiority".

laughtersassassin

Biggest Oxymoron if I ever saw one.

So when’s the cut off point when you start celebrating City goals? 4? 5? 6?

Terrible post. Ban worthy.
    I'm not going to celebrate them they'll still piss me off.

For Manchester United its best for Ole to be sacked. Simple as that

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
    There's 0 accountability. Maguire and Shaw have genuinely caused like 3/4 of our conceded goals in the last 2 months and they still start game after game.
    I am no longer shocked at how many stupid self-inflicted goals we have conceded this season. Christ -- we had the 2nd best defence in the league the past 2 seasons. WTF happened.

Longshanks

That was an awful first half. No composure, no heart, no quality, and statuesque back 5 where everyone is leaving everyone else to deal with it.

Just pinging balls into Ronaldo hoping he can do something as he gets swarmed with no support is pretty much our offensive plan, and our defensive plan seems to be just stick to your defensive shape don't actually worry about where the opposition players go, and certainly don't make a tackle.

Ole has to make big changes here and actually get us on the front foot, drop the back 5 get someone else upfront up top to help Ronaldo and get some composure in the midfield.

Oranges038

That goal is on Shaw.
    Feck off it is.

Shaw leaves it because he rightly thinks it's for DDG to claim it. If he doesn't get a shout yes, he should be booting it away

But that is the keepers ball all day long, he should be shouting at Shaw and claiming it. No doubt about it.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
    I have not been this disinterested about watching our games since David Moyes. I don't know why I can't get myself to skip a game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    I hope we get hammered today. Finally got there. But I hope we lost 5-0 or more, whatever result leads to Ole getting sacked or even him just walking away ad a result of his own incompetence. This is embarrassing. Whatever scoreline is needed to change the manager, that's the one I want.

Houdini

Our players look like they are exhausted after 120min game. How can a player playing for United have such a respect?
    No fitness, No midfield, No identity, No win...

NoLogo

Can’t blame Ole for these comical errors but our play is so uninspiring.
    The team is again set up without a plan of what to do, but trying to survive. The consequence of this is that our entire team is completely insecure and without confidence, which means mistakes are inevitable. If we keep losing the midfield battle like we currently do, there is no way out of this and we will see even more mistakes.

Sure Ole didn't commit the mistakes himself but he is responsible for the setup and the cowardly attitude of the team.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Shaw’s been atrocious all season — didn't we sign a £20m LB as a second choice/rotational option? The manager’s reluctance to move away from his preferred XI has cost us so much for a long time.

MalaysianRed7

You entitled plastic fans weren't born in Manchester and arent ticket holders I've been supporting the club since 1878. Get behind the manager.
    :lol: Good one. But seriously, I just don’t see how the people who genuinely think like that back him now. Aside from Farke and maybe Smith, I think he’s the most tactically inept manager in the league.

Dobba

I really don't care what your defense is. If your team has to chase and defend close to its box time after time looking like second best, they WILL make mistakes. Watching this and focusing on the individual mistakes is like that old Chinese saying about the finger and the moon.
    Me and my wild expectations that a defender has the sense to boot the ball out of danger, without needing a manager to do a 48 slide PowerPoint presentation listing the pros and cons of doing so first.

unclefredo

Look mate I want us to come back and win.

But if we are going to lose I'd rather we lose by whatever score is needed for Ole to get fired.

Its more embarrassing to keep Ole than it is to lose by a few more goals
    Absolutely this. I want us to win this game but honestly, this has looked like an exercise in damage limitation from the 1st minute.

I would rather us go out to try and win this even if it means us getting spanked.

Reactions: Invictus

UncleBob

Feck off it is.

Shaw leaves it because he rightly thinks it's for DDG to claim it. If he doesn't get a shout yes, he should be booting it away

But that is the keepers ball all day long, he should be shouting at Shaw and claiming it. No doubt about it.
    You can clearly hear De Gea shout “AWAY”

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 324 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win