Old Trafford

Kick-off
Sun, 16 October 2022 @ 2:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Apparently, Saint-Maximin is out for this one. Bruno Guimaraes possibly too - with his wife due to give birth soon.

He's really not. Been good but have you watched Newcastle before the last 2 games? Zero goals, zero assists in 8 games. He's got a long way to go to be considered among the best.

He’s Newcastle’s best player by far. They’ve lost 5 games since January and he didn’t play in any of them. His job isn’t goals and assists only, the guy runs the midfield.

He’s Newcastle’s best player by far. They’ve lost 5 games since January and he didn’t play in any of them. His job isn’t goals and assists only, the guy runs the midfield.

Great player, but he's not the best midfielder in the league. He holds bench for Brazil.

Tough game, not much in it between the two teams and they are playing well.

Great player, but he's not the best midfielder in the league. He holds bench for Brazil.

Yeah maybe not. I find it hard to subscribe to a “the best” title unless it’s an anomaly like a Haaland. I’d say he’s definitely up there though.

Either way, this will in no way be an easy game. As I mentioned, they’ve only lost 5 times all year and it’s all against top 4 sides. They had City against the ropes almost for a whole half too. Should be a really good game and I think we can take 3 points if we’re really on it.

Not on Sky, not the commentary game on 5Live (they've gone for Leeds vs Arsenal), not on TalkShite or TalkBollox2...

Bit annoyed that this game isn’t on anything yet Chelsea and villa is. This will be a good game as Newcastle look miles better this year then they ever have before. A win here would be massive for us and will set us up for 2 important games against spurs and Chelsea who are both currently above us.

Huge game this one. Was worried at the thought of ASM up against Dalot but don’t have to worry about that now thankfully. I hope Varane is fit enough to start alongside Martinez. Think it’ll be a very tight game.

DDG

Dalot - Varane - Martinez - Shaw

Casemiro - Eriksen

Antony - B.Fernandes - Rashford

CR7​

Heaton, Lindelof, Malacia, Iqbal, Fred, Sancho, Elanga, Garnacho, Martial

Manchester United 1-0 Newcastle United

Good news for us.

Not saying it’s a good thing but we’re on a bit of a roll with this now Richardson is out of mid week and James from the Chelsea game.
    Sometimes the stars just line up for a run

Isn't he a wide player?
    Haven't seen too much of Newcastle this season but think so. But I do recall him being tremendous in just holding up the ball and driving the team up the pitch. Im sure with both him and Isaac missing, they will be thin on outlets to drive the side up the field.

Bit annoyed that this game isn’t on anything yet Chelsea and villa is. This will be a good game as Newcastle look miles better this year then they ever have before. A win here would be massive for us and will set us up for 2 important games against spurs and Chelsea who are both currently above us.

It's because has been moved to a Sunday due to Europa League involvement,same with Arsenal & West Ham games.

Not saying it’s a good thing but we’re on a bit of a roll with this now Richardson is out of mid week and James from the Chelsea game.

Son & Kane still carry a threat,personally feel Kulusevski would be a bigger miss for them than Richarlison but maybe that's just me.

DdG

Shaw
    Martinez
    Varane
    Dalot

Casemiro
    Eriksen
    Bruno

Rashford
    Martial (is he fit?)
    Antony

If Martial isn’t fit, I’d go with Rashers up top and Sancho left. Anyone but Ronaldo up top to be honest.

DDG 500th game this will be , quite a milestone, only keeper in front of him is Alex Stepney with 539.

Very similar medal hauls as well. One could say not nearly enough when you consider their longevity at the club

This is going to be a tricky game, we can't start slowly like in the last games. Newcastle are a really good team, they come from a 5-1 and 4-1 victories. Hopefully we can keep a clean sheet tomorrow.

It's going to come down to Bruno, Rashford, Dalot and Ronaldo. If none of them play below par then we should win but we can't carry anybody. Earn your spot in the team by winning

You just had to say jt. Now watch Kulusevski returning back for our game

The kind of games we have coming up this month, we need to start converting those chances and 1 on1s we have been missing. Crucial games coming up starting with this one

Got to be at our best here. There a good side and will cause us problems. There missing one of there most dangerous players though which can only be a good thing for us. Need to be careful of that midfielder of there’s, looks decent. If we’re on it today then I’m going for 3-1 to us. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is a 2-2 though.

My predicted 11

De Gea
    Martinez
    Ronaldo
    Bruno
    Rashford
    Eriksen
    Casemiro
    Varane
    Dalot
    Antony
    Shaw

Expecting them to be well up for it and for us to go behind first.

I can see us coming back and nicking it but not expecting an easy win at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 226 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw