Manchester United vs. Norwich City

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
feck off Norwich.
Too right! Apart from a stupid 15min spell where we encouraged them to attack for some reason, that result didn't flatter us one bit.

They can piss off back to shit kicker land

Duafc

Village Lemon
Rooney was average/poor in the first half but a total metamorphosis in the second. Involved heavily in all 3 second half goals. 2 assists, 1 goal. That's never a poor performance in my book.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Poor old Carrick plays like a fecking demon and Kagawa knicks his MOTM.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Kagawa's display of clinicalness. Clear to see what kind of role he is built to play isn't it? That second goal was FIFA 13 like.

NinjaFletch

Norwich were fecking woeful today, I can't remember a team with less ambition than them at Old Trafford in recent years. Not even a shot of any kind registered.

Devil may care

Picked things up after a slow start to the second half. Kagawa, Rooney, Carrick, Evra and Smalling all had good games. Easing through these matches is very encouraging, there's a real feeling of confidence and composure about the side right now.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Rooney's form is really worrying
I remember reading this comment and chuckling at the time, was around the 50 minute mark and in reference to a player who has about 11goals in his last 15.

Then the boy picks up 2 assists and scores a worldy.

Have people not watched Rooney enough yet to understand that he plays world class in bursts.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I remember reading this comment and chuckling at the time, was around the 50 minute mark and in reference to a player who has about 11goals in his last 15.

Then the boy picks up 2 assists and scores a worldy.

Have people not watched Rooney enough yet to understand that he plays world class in bursts.
Felt he was pacing himself too much until the second half. Not really accepatble by his standards.

Madrid will have to wait, today was the important game and for the 1st half he played like it was going to be too easy. Then he took the responsiblity and showed his class.

MG

Norwich:

Total shots: 1
On target: 0
Off target: 0
Hit woodwork: 0
Blocked: 1
Possession: 39%

Boring wankers!

Scoreline doesn't flatter us at all, great win.

prateik

Yep. Norwich were poor.. and pointless.
At the moment they are the kind of team that finish between 12-16. Not in a relegation fight. Not playing good football.. Nothing for the neutrals.
Just decent hardworking players that do enough to stay in the league.

Hopefully they'll get better if they can settle down in the league.

DevilRed

Very good performance from the team considering how easy it is to lose focus because of the big match on Tuesday.

We really defended well and limited them to only 1 shot the whole game. Debatable over whether holt fouled Evra in the buildup too.

Great hattrick by Shinji. His movement and finishing were superb today. Give it some time and we have a special midfielder on our hands. He is only beginning to adjust to English football.

We didn't exactly field a weakened lineup although clearly Rio, Rafael and Giggs were rested for Tuesday. Not sure who else will be in the team that played today though. My guess is that Vidic keeps his place and obviously Evra too. Carrick, Rooney and RVP will definately start but it will be interesting to see if Tom Cleverley will be partnering Carrick in midfield, or will it be Phil Jones again?

On the wings is where it will be anyones guess. Nani, Valencia and Young are all in for a good shout. Welbeck and Chicharito could be favored over a natural winger too. Nonetheless, a good problem to have and it should keep mourinho guessing as to what formation we are going to play on Tuesday.

Great job by the team to thump norwich 4-0 and keep the pressure on citeh.