Manchester United vs. Norwich City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erebus

Who mentioned Moyes? I'm talking about Giggs credentials to manage us permamently, you think its silly that our coaches have had a role in our play this season? Giggs has been in a position to influence us all season, assistant manager next season maybe but manager no
Giggs has not been in a position to influence all season through coaching - that's the whole point of the criticism of the previous coaching regime.

JP77

If you can't really see anything different then you need to watch the game more passion more drive , defensively solid , I enjoyed watching united play some good football , we have been shite this season man it's a nice change c'mon admit it ?
Wasn't actually trying to be negative. It's brilliant seeing us win 4-0. In the second half we started dominating much more going forward and some of the play was lovely. I'm not even trying to deny any of that (though believe me, that first half was exactly how we looked under Moyes and the second half was a good chunk down to Norwich being horrendous), just pointing out how some people are going a bit overboard in acting like we were back to classic United. If you actually go back, Moyes had a couple of performances like this. See even the Swansea game, we coasted and won 4-1 in the opening game of the season and the players looked right up for it. It's no different to today, coming off of the back of a massive managerial sacking and so the players were well up for it, you'd expect more drive, more effort etc.

Confident we'll improve big time either way and can't wait to see Van Gaal or somebody else in charge here, pretty damn excited. Just think it's a bit wrong to quickly shit on Moyes like some are and acting like Giggs has just got the team performing to classic standards. I'm not trying to be some negative twat in doing so, people get too defensive at times on here.

Smores

Giggs has not been in a position to influence all season through coaching - that's the whole point of the criticism of the previous coaching regime.
Why not? Rooney mentioned in his post match that they've seen all season from his coaching that he's made for management

Jaapster

Wasn't actually trying to be negative. It's brilliant seeing us win 4-0. In the second half we started dominating much more going forward and some of the play was lovely. I'm not even trying to deny any of that (though believe me, that first half was exactly how we looked under Moyes and the second half was a good chunk down to Norwich being horrendous), just pointing out how some people are going a bit overboard in acting like we were back to classic United. If you actually go back, Moyes had a couple of performances like this. See even the Swansea game, we coasted and won 4-1 in the opening game of the season and the players looked right up for it. It's no different to today, coming off of the back of a massive managerial sacking and so the players were well up for it, you'd expect more drive, more effort etc.

Confident we'll improve big time either way and can't wait to see Van Gaal or somebody else in charge here, pretty damn excited. Just think it's a bit wrong to quickly shit on Moyes like some are and acting like Giggs has just got the team performing to classic standards. I'm not trying to be some negative twat in doing so, people get too defensive at times on here.
Not calling you negative for a second (or a twat) and I'm not being defensive I enjoyed watching united , sorry but I would totally shit on moyes , not up to it , out of his depth, you can't defend the indefensible , champions to 6thplace he didn't want sacking he wanted horse whipping ( joking) I just enjoyed the game and I take every game as it comes .

JP77

Not calling you negative for a second (or a twat) and I'm not being defensive I enjoyed watching united , sorry but I would totally shit on moyes , not up to it , out of his depth, you can't defend the indefensible , champions to 6thplace he didn't want sacking he wanted horse whipping ( joking) I just enjoyed the game and I take every game as it comes .
No worries mate (also wasn't directing the negative, twat or defensive bit at you).

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
We'll have to wait until we play some sort of half decent team to put this performance into context.
We were none too fancy in the 1st half & it didnt bode well if Norwich got ahead, but we got lucky with the bounce of the ball & Danny's phantom leg-sweep for the peno..

I think we all should just enjoy the day & put all negative assessment away for a day or 2..

Erebus

Why not? Rooney mentioned in his post match that they've seen all season from his coaching that he's made for management
For the record I've already said I didn't think Giggs should be appointed as permanent manager in another thread. The point I was making was that Giggs has not been involved in the coaching set up since Moyes came. He might have been part of the coaching team but it's clear he's taken little part in actual coaching therefore he's not been able to influence the way the team played this season.

Brightonian

Mata had a poor game against Everton. You're over-complicating things.
I'm sorry if it's too complicated for you. I realise that 'we didn't win... all the players were bad' would be an easier explanation to grasp.

As I said, it's hardly rocket science that a team full of playmakers with too few goalscorers struggled to turn possession into goals.

Did alright today, didn't he? Was he struck down by a rogue one-game-long spell of terrible form, or is it possible that I'm right and tactics are a real thing?

Nozzy

Mata doing a great job, off the bench to put the result beyond doubt - truth is the game was won but he did a great job
- Mata 2, traffic cones 0

Are we talking about how that first half 'performance' will see us 0 - 2 down at half time to Sunderland next week or, just being thankful Giggs got off to a good result?

Hernandez to start next week?

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm sorry if it's too complicated for you. I realise that 'we didn't win... all the players were bad' would be an easier explanation to grasp.

As I said, it's hardly rocket science that a team full of playmakers with too few goalscorers struggled to turn possession into goals.

Did alright today, didn't he? Was he struck down by a rogue one-game-long spell of terrible form, or is it possible that I'm right and tactics are a real thing?
Yeah. He played well today.

Didn't play well in his last game though. It happens. You play football, right? Never had a bad game followed by a good game?

Walters_19_MuFc

Glad that Giggsy was able to get off to a winning start.

Wasn't the best first half, but the goal before half time give us that boost to come out firing in the second, which I thought we did and played some of our best attacking football this season, despite it being against Norwich - no disrespect.

Between now and the end of the season, although some players will be unhappy, I want Giggsy try and stick with the same team or make one or two changes. I think Moyes' downfall was changing the team way too often, meaning the team couldn't get a flow going.

Same team against Sunderland for me.

redevil2

Got to love some of the people on here. Thought most were joking at first but it seems some are actually serious when talking as if we're "back to playing like United". Today has barely been any different to some of the performances under Moyes. No different style, no different setup, no different tactics, no different lineup.

No idea why some feel the need to shit on Moyes too. It didn't work out, it happens. Move on. No need to act like we're suddenly back to our old ways because we're beating an absolute dire Norwich (not trying to be negative either, great to see us up 4-0 right now).
Sorry but what you said is plain wrong. Why? If we are still under Moyes today, would in your wildest dream be able to enjoy a score line like this? The last week has been a turmoil for the players and it's Giggsy's debut. Can't you as a United fan be just a little supportive, and enjoy the score line a bit, instead of being grumpy about your fellow fans. There are just too many feel good factors today and to top them with an emphatic win like that, don't understand why you're complaining (about fans responses).

Some people are so hard to please, or just arguing for the sack of it. Sad!

Nozzy

Starting line up today;

----------------De Gea

Jones----Ferdinand-----Vidic----Evra

----------Carrick---Cleverly
Valencia----------------------Kagawa
-----------Rooney---Welbeck

What should it have been?

-----------------De Gea

------------Ferdinand-----Vidic
Valencia---------------------------Evra
------------Jones---Cleverly
----Rooney-----Mata-----Welbeck

---------------Hernandez

?

Choosing the midfield two combination from what we've got, is an almost impossible task - nothing seems to offer confidence but at least Jones offers defensive protection & energy.

Mata could have started this fixture which, in previous seasons would be a foregone result & in hindsight, he was livelier than Kagawa today once the game was won & he came on.

Hernandez might have opened then up sooner, with his movement being key & we missed overlapping full backs.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Out of interest, I was sure I heard a plane circling over the ground, was there one?
It said Thank u David Moyes - Malta FF.
They're apparently a group of rival fans thanking Moyes for how shit we've been.

Mani

Even though the first half looked average second half we had a brilliant attacking football.Eventhough we never leaked any goal,we looked bit shaky while defending.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

RuudTom83

We'll have to wait until we play some sort of half decent team to put this performance into context.
True, but sadly there are no games left this season that have any real meaning attached to them...I hope Giggs can end his interim with 4 victories but there is very little that can be concluded from them at this late stage.

Rednotdead

True, but sadly there are no games left this season that have any real meaning attached to them...I hope Giggs can end his interim with 4 victories but there is very little that can be concluded from them at this late stage.
Sunderland may be a more interesting test, they're still fighting relegation but have hit some sort of form recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.