Manchester United vs. Norwich City

Status
Not open for further replies.

redevil2

seeing the class of 92 walking off there was marvellous.

4-0 in the first match.....

just marvelous.
Words can't express how happy I feel. Score line apart, we are all United. Well done lads. Well done Giggsy, well done Scholesy, Butt and Phil. The best game this season. Giggsy substitution paid instant dividend and Mata is kept happy even being out on the bench. Giggs' message was clear. Well done

Jaapster

Genuinely tell me what's been different?

Most likely we'd have beaten them 4-0 under Moyes too, playing in exactly the same fashion. Norwich are that awful but even still if they'd have come out and attacked us rather than being wet blankets I'd bet they might've scored first and then we'd have been in the same old situation. We barely laid a finger on them in the first half, we were as dire as ever. Second half has been better yes, we've played some nice stuff but not unlike against Villa or Newcastle or any of the times we've actually won this season.

People are getting swept up in the occasion, in the fact we've got Giggsy in charge but really this has been a completely standard game. The defence haven't been troubled but on the rare occasion Norwich attacked they nearly scored. The midfield were pretty awful until we scored at which point Norwich stopped pressing and Carrick was free (plus we took off Cleverley who was utterly dogshite) and until Mata came on we created the square root of feck all.

If we didn't get the penalty I bet it wouldn't have been anything like 4-0.

Still, home wins are a luxury this year and of course it's nice to see Giggsy managing so enjoy the win regardless.
You know what , I've supported this club for over forty years and I still enjoying watch them play , Hello we won ! Enjoy !

Duafc

Village Lemon
Some getting massively carried away, shouldn't be surprised - this season has been a lesson in how fickle & narrow minded Cafe fans are.

Was pleased with the basic team sheet, and trust put back in some players. We were very average first half but the second was superb, albeit Norwich got it totally wrong and were just terrible. One thing I really liked alongside Giggs' team was his subs - early. Danny & Chich should have both scored but both played well and neither could argue they weren't given time.

Kagawa's still not a winger though! Giggs looks as effortless in the hotseat as he did on left wing - class act.

TheGame

Makes me :lol:
One or two fans saying they don't see any difference.
I'll tell u something different.

Thats the first Epl game we played this season that I actually ENJOYED and got EXCITED about our play during it.
Really? because we played some good stuff against Newcastle the other week. But hey, that was under Moyes so it probably does not count :rolleyes:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good game by United today, they played some really nice football. Though Norwich were far from great, so it is hard to tell if there is any actual improvement as I feel we would have comfortably won the game regardless. Was nice to see some positiveness going forward though.

LLMU

Many teams came to Old trafford this season knowing they can beat us. But today, I see the fear again when Norwich played it safe by not attacking us too much. It is good win and I am happy

redevil2

Erm hasn't Giggs been coaching these players all season along with Neville who is still hear?
Don't be silly! You have to be very daft if you think Giggsy was allowed to input his attacking united way into the mind of an Everton genius!!!
Maybe you've been living under a rock... Giggs mentioned he didn't attend a coaching session(s) because "he (Moyes) didn't listen".
You didn't have to defend Moyes in a hopeless way.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

Thats the first Epl game we played this season that I actually ENJOYED and got EXCITED about our play during it.
Enjoyed! well said. When we talk of the United way...its about winning with style. we did that today against a team fighting for their lives....and throughout..we were in total control of the match. I honestly feel that the class of 92 has brought a lot of confidence to the team...and thus to the club and supporters.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Great game. We can talk about Norwich being poor but even in the first half we tried to play with a tempo when we passed the ball with pace. We hit a brick wall but eventually we broke through. A really good second half and am pleased with that. Unfortunate that Hernandez missed that chance as that'd have been a lovely goal but that was more like it. Play the ball at speed and make runs. It's a simple game. Giggs handled it very well.

BW.k

If we lose... We're shit. Opposition weren't good.
If we win... Opposition was shit. We weren't good
Only caf can come up with something like that.

Even at times like these a little sense of humour is necessary.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Think it was pretty obvious there was a new manager in charge.

Passing was much faster. Players actually expressing themselves.

The rote "out wide and smack in a percentage cross" much reduced.

And most significantly, the team didn't go into its shell when it took the lead.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Really? because we played some good stuff against Newcastle the other week. But hey, that was under Moyes so it probably does not count :rolleyes:
To be fair I think we would have won today even under Moyes. But the difference is that the team is once again an attack minded team and not a team who has as its main priority the task of making it difficult for the opponent to get at us. Moyes tactic has always been to try and make it difficult for your opponent. Giggs tactic was go out and blow em away. OK it was only Norwich, but at least we are showing attacking flair again and that is the United way.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Can't see a difference, the pace of the game, especially the 2nd half was a lot quicker. More like our Manchester United.

Hamadovich86

Brilliant 2nd half. Positive attitude and the right approach can go along way. The first 15 minutes were good as well though we slagged off for the rest of the half but it was rectified in the second. Dont want to get too carried away but 4-0 is fecking 4-0 and this is just the first game under Giggsy. Very pleased overall.

redevil2

Ha ha ha! We've struggled against Norwich at home, but a couple of lucky goals killed them and now everything is fine in United land! We can start next season with the same squad and we'll walk the league!
Funny how people like you want to twist and put words into my mouth. You sad people should start to enjoy games if not the score line while it lasts.

I speak with no agenda in mind and just expression my delight and comments, whereas you obviously wanted to make this a big thing about our team. A couple of lucky goals, eh! I bet you feel miserable when we won.

Smores

Don't be silly! You have to be very daft if you think Giggsy was allowed to input his attacking united way into the mind of an Everton genius!!!
Maybe you've been living under a rock... Giggs mentioned he didn't attend a coaching session(s) because "he (Moyes) didn't listen".
You didn't have to defend Moyes in a hopeless way.
Who mentioned Moyes? I'm talking about Giggs credentials to manage us permamently, you think its silly that our coaches have had a role in our play this season? Giggs has been in a position to influence us all season, assistant manager next season maybe but manager no

ruddevil

One exciting match in 10? No, that's not United style. Even in the Newcastle game Moyes looked baffled with what he saw in the pitch, after all the changes in the lineup he made. And Newcastle was even on a worse situation than Norwich today.

Godfather

Kagawa should never start ahead of Mata, he has no nose for goal.

Cleverley should just never start.
Funny as this was the first match after 2 or 3 when he looked better than Kagawa. Great game from him no doubt but some of the criticism aimed towards Kagawa I'll never get.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
we never struggled against Norwich. We completely controlled the match. The fact Norwich defended very well in the first half is to their credit, But it was evident that the moment we scored they would have to actually try and come at us..which only allowed us a lot more space...plus our increased tempo was only going to end the game om how it did.

redevil2

Who mentioned Moyes? I'm talking about Giggs credentials to manage us permamently, you think its silly that our coaches have had a role in our play this season? Giggs has been in a position to influence us all season, assistant manager next season maybe but manager no
It makes no sense you muddled discussion around. Who's talking about permanent or not permanent. Last time I checked Giggs is called interim manager. And this thread is focusing on the game at hand today.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
I actually agree with you that Giggs is not yet ready for to take job permanently but he will be in a few years no doubt. until then I would suggest we take Van Gaal he always leaves a great set up when he leaves a club. And he has always won trophys where ever he has been and that with good football. But for now, at least we look like Manchester United again.

redevil2

Funny as this was the first match after 2 or 3 when he looked better than Kagawa. Great game from him no doubt but some of the criticism aimed towards Kagawa I'll never get.
Exactly!
I think Giggsy is pretty much spot on. He's also sub mata earlier on and not leaving it to last 10,8 mins. Mata coming on from bench paid dividend instantly. It's hindsight for us yes but I am really happy for him in his successful debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.