Not open for further replies.

Precaution

Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs, running down the wing,
Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs, running down the wing,
Feared by the blues, loved by the reds,
Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's only Norwich but we played with the shackles off. The tempo in the 2nd half was what we expect.

Great to see Mata come off the bench and score a couple, will give him a boost. Kagawa was effective. Hernandez looked good when he came on. Overall a good team performance.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
feck it, give giggsy the job. Easily best league performance of the season, biggest premier league win since Norwich last season.just a very enjoyable game to watch again.

The White Pele

Hernandez really isn't a good finisher. Most of his goals come from his good positioning and despite his poor finishing.
He was very good in one-on-one situations in his first season but no doubt he has lost some of his sharpness in front of goal.

footballgirl07

Pace, directness and quick passing. A really good second half display and something to build on. I know Vidic and Rio weren't up against much but they were solid and especially, Vidic, impressive today.

Gannicus

I hope we don't shit all over this performance because the opponent was Norwich. It took some time to find our feet, but when we did it was boot on the neck stuff for 45 minutes.

A shame about the Chicharito miss, though.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Why we won a title with this team and the 3 obvious losses in the summer from that squad could be replaced with better younger players. ie a current world class Rio, Vidic and Evra.
If you can guarantee that RVP wil come back and have another miracle season where he constantly turns shitty performances into wins then anything is possible. But baring that, two new CBs and a LB won't win a title.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Who cares?

We comfortably beat what was in front of us, the team was positive and played on the front foot and their was a positivity in the air.
Well if you're going to use it as a blatant dig at the previous form, at least bring a little context to the game. For example, at least two of our goals came from ridiculous errors by the Norwich defence.

The White Pele

This has been a proper matchday. From the absolute pessimism at the announcement of the starting XI to the comfortable victory after 90 mins.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Genuinely tell me what's been different?

Most likely we'd have beaten them 4-0 under Moyes too, playing in exactly the same fashion. Norwich are that awful but even still if they'd have come out and attacked us rather than being wet blankets I'd bet they might've scored first and then we'd have been in the same old situation. We barely laid a finger on them in the first half, we were as dire as ever. Second half has been better yes, we've played some nice stuff but not unlike against Villa or Newcastle or any of the times we've actually won this season.

People are getting swept up in the occasion, in the fact we've got Giggsy in charge but really this has been a completely standard game. The defence haven't been troubled but on the rare occasion Norwich attacked they nearly scored. The midfield were pretty awful until we scored at which point Norwich stopped pressing and Carrick was free (plus we took off Cleverley who was utterly dogshite) and until Mata came on we created the square root of feck all.

If we didn't get the penalty I bet it wouldn't have been anything like 4-0.

Still, home wins are a luxury this year and of course it's nice to see Giggsy managing so enjoy the win regardless.
Even in the first half we passed it faster and more incisively then before. There was more pressing, more width, but not hoofing it like moyes width. It's out biggest win since Norwich last season. What more do you need? Think it's the most shots we've had all season as well, and everyone just playing with more freedom.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Great game!

One thing is for sure, we were attacking all game long. We had 25 attempts on goal! :lol:

Great win, now on to the next game...

Jaapster

Got to love some of the people on here. Thought most were joking at first but it seems some are actually serious when talking as if we're "back to playing like United". Today has barely been any different to some of the performances under Moyes. No different style, no different setup, no different tactics, no different lineup.

No idea why some feel the need to shit on Moyes too. It didn't work out, it happens. Move on. No need to act like we're suddenly back to our old ways because we're beating an absolute dire Norwich (not trying to be negative either, great to see us up 4-0 right now).
If you can't really see anything different then you need to watch the game more passion more drive , defensively solid , I enjoyed watching united play some good football , we have been shite this season man it's a nice change c'mon admit it ?

Crashoutcassius

Looking forward to a real test vs sotn on final day, would be amazing if we put it up in a tougher game. I dunno maybe there's no chance that giggs stays on but I do wish he had some tough games left to show us what he can do, give us something to think about

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Yep. I'm not sure what people were expecting really. All our problems to disappear overnight?
yep, exactly. and we got a decent result against a team we should beat but there were lots of encouraging signs compared to the last few months of dross.

Spoony

The People's President
If you can guarantee that RVP wil come back and have another miracle season where he constantly turns shitty performances into wins then anything is possible. But baring that, two new CBs and a LB won't win a title.
Yep. Let's be honest we turned it on in the second half against a possibly doomed Norwich side. We need a fresh start.

NinjaFletch

Well if you're going to use it as a blatant dig at the previous form, at least bring a little context to the game. For example, at least two of our goals came from ridiculous errors by the Norwich defence.
Ok,

Our previous form has been shite and its nice to see us not be so shite?

We, after all, have lost and struggled against some of this leagues worst sides this season.

Jaxa

It's only Norwich so I wont get to almighty but what I found myself thinking was that I was disappointed there for a second we didn't win 5-0 than 4-0, the fact we kept on attacking until the final whistle is what we are used to and want, attack attack attack.

Good game today, few players are stealing a living with us though, not the standard we want or need.

DevilRed

Brilliant performance but the nostalgia of having our greatest servants lead the club back onto the right track, it's almost storybook.

Could anybody have imagined how big of an impact these lads would have on our club? They just never fail to keep this club at the top and what an unbelievable story of having our current manager having signed on at this club from age 12-13.

NK86

Some of the passing in the second half was :drool:. And it was not the ponderous type either. It was sharp, quick, inventive and with precision.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Genuinely tell me what's been different?

Most likely we'd have beaten them 4-0 under Moyes too, playing in exactly the same fashion. Norwich are that awful but even still if they'd have come out and attacked us rather than being wet blankets I'd bet they might've scored first and then we'd have been in the same old situation. We barely laid a finger on them in the first half, we were as dire as ever. Second half has been better yes, we've played some nice stuff but not unlike against Villa or Newcastle or any of the times we've actually won this season.

People are getting swept up in the occasion, in the fact we've got Giggsy in charge but really this has been a completely standard game. The defence haven't been troubled but on the rare occasion Norwich attacked they nearly scored. The midfield were pretty awful until we scored at which point Norwich stopped pressing and Carrick was free (plus we took off Cleverley who was utterly dogshite) and until Mata came on we created the square root of feck all.

If we didn't get the penalty I bet it wouldn't have been anything like 4-0.

Still, home wins are a luxury this year and of course it's nice to see Giggsy managing so enjoy the win regardless.
Genuinely, we wouldnt have seen Hernadez netmeg not 1 but 2 players. Valencia's crossing was rubbish but what we did see was Valencia beating players with the ball at his feet and he wasnt doing that under Moyes. We saw far more shots on goal than any game Moyes was in charge of. We saw other players running with the ball that we dont normally see, even Cleverely made 3 runs forward with the ball ticking off 30 meters each time. We saw a couple of no look passes from Carrick. We never saw any of those things under Moye. Norwich will be relegated but we didnt look this good against the other relegation sides, even in the other games we won 4-0 we didnt look this good. I thought we looked freer today, there were some bits of flair appearing from a number of individuals. Check my posts if you want, I was still hoping Moyes might get things right up to only a month ago. I never hated Moyes, hoped he could succeed but he never had us looking this adventurous.

Patchbeard

He was very good in one-on-one situations in his first season but no doubt he has lost some of his sharpness in front of goal.
I've always thought he's liable to feck it up when he has time to think about it, but deadly when it's instinctive.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The real positive was the fact that we didn't drop off from the 60~ minute mark; we've done that too much this season.

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
Went to have a long shower during the second half and missed everything :(

Someone summarise how it was please?
It was like something out of the land of milk and honey.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I've always thought he's liable to feck it up when he has time to think about it, but deadly when it's instinctive.
A similar case could genuinely be argued for Welbeck. It's just about playing time really, match sharpness and getting those chances frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.