Manchester United vs. Norwich City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nozzy

He criticised your post.
You insulted him, not his post.
Now be fair "Jesus what a shit post" is pretty specifically directed. I'll remove mine if he want's to reciprocate.

markorm

I'm proper up for a meaningless home game against bottom of the table Norwich. How times have changed.

markorm

Can we play a diamond with Rooney at the base, Mata and Januzaj with Welbeck up front?

-------Fletch--Cleverly-------
-----------Rooney------------
----Mata-------------Januzaj-
------------Welbeck----------

Would we be crucified defensively?

Ace of Spades

DDG
Jones - Smalling - Evans - Evra
Fletcher - Cleverley
Nani/Adnan - Mata - Kagawa
Welbeck/Chicharito

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I have a very strong feeling that Valencia and Welbeck will start as Giggs will look to put pace in the side.

DDG
Rafael - Jones - Evans - Evra

Carrick - Cleverley
Valencia - Mata - Welbeck
Rooney​

Castia

"Almost every word". your too kind.

Now let's see, an average of 8 posts, every single day, for nearly three years. Your either a genius footballing guru or, a very boring chap.

Or somebody who doesn't spend everyday on the internet :)

Damn what's with all the retard newbies these days.

FacerTheRed

I expect united to be playing with width, pace and attacking football. That whole defensive and fitness training methods is gone. Giggs is not a defensive guy so i expect united putting the pressure on Norwich, moving the ball with purpose and playing one touch pass and movement.

So i reckon Giggs will pick this squad and playing the 4-2-3-1 formation.

---------------------DDG------------------
Smalling------Jones--------Evans-------Evra
-------------Carrick-------Cleverly----------
Valenica-------------Mata------------Januzaj
--------------------Rooney-----------------

I reckon Cleverly will be offensively this game, i really do. Throughout this season Moyes has tried to make Cleverly more defensive, deeper role and he just isnt. Now giggsy is in-charge the squad will have to be more offensive and Cleverly will relish that i think.

Now im in too minds with Rooney, id rather have either Chicharito or Welbeck up front but Rooney up against an unconvinced norwich backline, Rooney will have a field day or any of are strikers for that matter but Rooney will get the nod and maybe get taken off later in the game. Januzaj has to start, hasnt been playing regularly for some odd reason by Moyes but this young man needs as much games as he gets, more games he plays the better he'll become. So ill expect Man utd go off like a rocket when that whistle blows

Final result: Manchester United 4 - 0 Norwich City

Lu Tze

De Gea
Valencia Smalling Jones Evra
Carrick Fletcher
Januzaj Mata Welbeck
Rooney
I think we'll line up like that. All pace and trickery.

Last edited:

buckooo1978

I expect Welbeck to start either on the left or up top...I think Giggs will put a focus on young players

I think the team will be....

-----------------DDG---------------
Jones - Smalling/Vidic - Evans - Evra
------Carrick ----- Cleverley---------
Valencia - -------Mata ------ Welbeck
---------------Rooney---------------

or possibly

-----------------DDG---------------
Jones - Smalling/Vidic - Evans - Evra
------Carrick ----- Cleverley---------
Valencia------ Rooney ------- Januzaj
---------------Welbeck---------------

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Have never been this confident going into a match this season. Amazing the influence one can have. I know it's Norwich and we should be confident but I have gone into every game this season thinking we are going to lose this. Now though, I'm thinking 4 or 5-0.

LR7

"I’ve just said to them ‘I trust you and I know what you’re capable of and go out there and show it on Saturday and give the fans something to shout about. Entertain them, score goals, make tackles, play with speed, play with tempo.’ And that’s what they’ve done in training and they’ll take that out into the game on Saturday.”
:drool:

Tibs

Nani - Mata - Kagawa

----- Hernandez -----

Valencia at RB...so our right side should be lethal

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Nani - Mata - Kagawa

----- Hernandez -----
Very wishful thinking, you won't see that line-up under any Manager. Like it or not, but Giggs is NOT going to drop all of Rooney, Welbeck AND Valencia.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Going by his press conference...

DDG

Jones --- Smalling

Carrick

Valencia ---- Mata ---- Welbeck ---- Rooney --- Hernandez --- Kagawa --- Januzaj​

jeff_goldblum

My hunch is that Rooney and Welbeck, Januzaj and Mata will all be squeezed in somehow. I'd say Januzaj wide-left and then Mata nominally starting on the right but spending most of his time inside with Valencia at right-back making up the width on that side almost as a wingback.

-----------------------De Gea-------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
-----------------Jones----Smalling/Evans------Evra
Valencia---------------------------------------------
-----------------Carrick----Fletcher-------------------
---------Mata-------------------------------Januzaj
------------------------Rooney-----------------------
-----------------------Welbeck-----------------------

Backrow Singer

I just want to see a performance that merits and represents exactly what this club is about. As Giggsy said today, I just want them to go out and express themselves to be honest. Play at a high tempo, work hard and get at them for 90 minutes.

Do that and the rest will come.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Was going to start a thread but might as well stick it in here.

What happens if Norwich win?

Say, we go out there and put in another ineffectual performance and get turned over at OT by a team that's battling to stay up (not an impossible scenario)

I'm trying not to think about it but it would be a massive bummer, wouldn't it? Do we put it down to Giggs' inexperience? Or is the squad as poor as Moyes thinks it is? Or is it just one of those things?

kps88

Say, we go out there and put in another ineffectual performance and get turned over at OT by a team that's battling to stay up (not an impossible scenario)

I'm trying not to think about it but it would be a massive bummer, wouldn't it? Do we put it down to Giggs' inexperience? Or is the squad as poor as Moyes thinks it is? Or is it just one of those things?
For me, it's no lose situation for Giggs. If Norwich win we put it down to the Moyes hangover effect and Giggs only having a few days to work with the squad.

steeeb

I think in that scenario it confirms the team isn't good enough. Both teams will be fired up. But at OT we should still be winning comfortably.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Well Giggs is still inexperienced as manager, he is in a win-win situation really. I don't expect us to win easily anyway, it will either be a win by a small margin or a draw. But I think we will score some Goals this time though.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted

DDG
Jones - Smalling - Vidic - Evra

Carrick - Cleverley
Januzaj - Mata - Welbeck
Rooney​

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We are going to fecking batter them.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I think in that scenario it confirms the team isn't good enough. Both teams will be fired up. But at OT we should still be winning comfortably.
Some people wanted us to lose to get rid of the manager. I guess by the same logic if we now want the Glazers to splash the cash, and not just think getting a new manager will avoid spending big on transfers, then we should welcome a defeat to Norwich... :)

But it's Norwich. We should win easily.

LR7

I think Giggs' press conference/interview has been interesting because in a roundabout way he has indirectly put pressure on the players. Him promising to put a smile back on the fans faces and play better, they'll not want to let him down and will want to fulfil that. I think it's probably a good bit of psychology by Giggsy because there's more responsibility. They'll know trying and hoping isn't enough.

I didn't see Norwich against Liverpool but I read something this morning suggesting it was a high pressing game, and we could struggle with it. I don't think too many conclusions can be drawn though. He's has 4 days in the hotseat which is nothing.

oleonenumber20

Very excited after the presser sounds like a team selection full of pace and intensity.

Ddg
Jones
Evra
Evans
Smalling

Carrick
Fletch
Mata

Valencia
Rooney
Wellbeck

Danny to play high on the left like an inside forward. Adnan will come on, the manager will be on the bench

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Very excited after the presser sounds like a team selection full of pace and intensity.

Ddg
Jones
Evra
Evans
Smalling

Carrick
Fletch
Mata

Valencia
Rooney
Wellbeck

Danny to play high on the left like an inside forward. Adnan will come on, the manager will be on the bench
Dropping Nani and Kagawa from lineup that faced Everton , and putting in Valencia and Welbeck = team full of pace and intensity.

Hmm.

kps88

Dropping Nani and Kagawa from lineup that faced Everton , and putting in Valencia and Welbeck = team full of pace and intensity.

Hmm.
I think almost all possible line ups we could put out are capable of playing with pace and intensity. You just need a couple of outlets and the right mentality.

starman

.........DDG........
...Raf..Vidic.. Rio..Evra
Valencia...Carrick..Fletcher..Nani
...Rooney/Mata/Kagawa....
..................Chico/Wellbeck/Rooney

Vintage.

Status
Not open for further replies.