Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
    Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
    3rd game of the season and it's already a must win due to the way we've started. Nowhere to hide if we don't get all 3 points tomorrow.
    Definitely relegation fodder.
    Oh by the way, when did you become so knee jerk? Your posts used to be buoys of reason on the choppy shite filled seas of the Caf. Has the constant shite storm circling the club broken you too?

NLunited

What is ETH’s justification for starting Rashford as a number 9? What more evidence does he need? I’m baffled.
    Who you gonna put there instead? A Martial who cannot press? Sancho?

I’d go with Sancho myself

always_hoping

What is ETH’s justification for starting Rashford as a number 9? What more evidence does he need? I’m baffled.
    30 goals last season but not all as a left winger. He scored 16 whilst playing as a number nine, 12 whilst playing from the left and 2 playing from the right.

Marcus

Time to smash Forest. If any attacker does not track back and disobeys EtH's instructions, they should be given one warning and then substituted. Enough of this nonsense. Examples should now be made.

Shimo

30 goals last season but not all as a left winger. He scored 16 whilst playing as a number nine, 12 whilst playing from the left and 2 playing from the right.
    On a walk today, thinking about the starting XI and hoping that Rashford doesn't play as the striker, my mind wandered to ETH in recent presser saying that Rashford did quite well as a 9 last season in terms of scoring. What occurred to me is that it happened at a time when everything Rashford did seemed to find the back of the net and my thinking back to the Spurs game, last season when he was in that scoring mode, that chance that was saved probably goes in. But, when Rashford, who has not been in the rich scoring form since the latter part of last season, is playing as a striker, then not only hurts the team because he can't bring others into play but, also it takes away from where he can be most effective/dangerous which is on the left.

The Spurs game he looked like he was in the mood to tear people apart but, in the middle he was hardly able to use it. We'd have been better off with Sancho even as a false 9 allowing Rashford to start playing on his best side and maybe even get into that goal scoring groove.

Hopefully tomorrow he is back on the left with either Martial or Sancho starting, which also allows for Garnacho to come off the bench where he can be more effective for now until he also gets some more consistency in his game.

UTD_Since_1978

Needless to say that anything less than all 3 points at home to crappy Forest will be an absolute disaster & a pretty awful start to the season.

DRJosh

Supports
    United minus the Glazers
    Who you gonna put there instead? A Martial who cannot press? Sancho?

I’d go with Sancho myself
    Definitely Sancho. I suppose if Højlund is returning in the next game he might just persist with Rashford which will severely hamper our productivity on the left. We need Rashford’s pace to be fully utilised. Martial shouldn’t even make the bench. He has been underwhelming for most of his United tenure - just my opinion

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    Oh by the way, when did you become so knee jerk? Your posts used to be buoys of reason on the choppy shite filled seas of the Caf. Has the constant shite storm circling the club broken you too?
    I guess 10 years of shite will break anyone

RedChisel

If they don't go out there and run their absolute arses off and put them away comfortably after all the criticism this week then there's no hope. They clearly don't care.

OrcaFat

Some of you guys are out of your mind if you think Dalot isn't going to play LB.

Especially if it also means moving your best ball playing centre back to accommodate a back peddling, defensively worse player.
    Yeah, Martinez is essential at CB.

OrcaFat

The team selection for today will be fascinating.

Will we abandon the system because of Mount’s absence? If we play Eriksen then yes. Because he can’t really press. So a reversion to 4231. Or will we try McT in the Mount role? I don’t think it would work.

I suppose it will be Dalot at LB but , also, who plays at LW? EtH was unhappy with how the forwards defended but we don’t have an obvious alternative to solve that problem.

Maybe I‘m overthinking it. It’s a home game against Forest.

Fascinating to see how EtH adapts but I think every scenario has been planned for, he is that meticulous.

RedDevilRoshi

I just simply hope we win just to erase last week’s Spurs defeat out of the system. Hoping for a couple of changes but that’s more in hope than expectation.

Onana

Wan-Bissaka - Varane - Martinez - Dalot

Casemiro - Eriksen

Sancho - B.Fernandes - Rashford

Martial​

subs: Henderson, Lindelof, Maguire, McTominay, Mejbri, Antony, Pellistri, Garnacho, Forson

Manchester United 2-0 Nottingham Forest

Oranges038

It's going to be 4-0 Utd.

Feck Forrest and feck that scruffy looking fecker Steve Cooper.

crossy1686

career ending
    :lol: Sorry if they've come across that way. I don't see them as reactionary, I've had reservations about the direction of things since the League Cup final and I'm not entirely sure things are improving past the point of there being more accountability for the players now. It's hard to see any meaningful progression without a full sale of the club, and I think we're wasting money on players that don't improve us.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think we're a lot of money away from fixing our current issues and becoming more consistent.

There's always a 'crisis' around the corner when you're Manchester United and you start the season poorly I guess.

Anyway, we should win today by 2 or 3 goals, if we don't I think it might get pretty toxic around these parts...

Last edited:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
    Really hope he starts Alvaro at left back today. Forest at home is the best opportunity he'll have. Would also love to see Hannibal alongside Casemiro.

Neither will happen though. Think we can safely predict Dalot LB and Eriksen in midfield.

Red00012

Really hope he starts Alvaro at left back today. Forest at home is the best opportunity he'll have. Would also love to see Hannibal alongside Casemiro.

Neither will happen though. Think we can safely predict Dalot LB and Eriksen in midfield.
    You answered your own question there. It’s never going to happen .

Andersons Dietician

I think ETH is probably a bit stubborn so I think he’ll stick with the same front 3 if all available then Sancho and Martial on later as subs.

AndySmith1990

If Rashford starts upfront again I'll be livid. That failed experiment needs nipping in the bud. I'd start Sancho, he's the only attacking player who has looked decent so far

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Expecting a big performance today. We need to start putting chances away! Sick of nervous games where they’re only 1-0 near the end. Let’s have a comfortable game. 3-0 to the reds!!! Let’s have it

RedIan

We’ve blown a fortune on players when Onana was the only one we really needed. We desperately needed a DM/AM and a proven striker. Can see us struggling for goals again and conceding midfield space. Having everything crossed for tomorrow as I don’t think this is a walk in the park.
    Errr we desperately needed a number 9, that was number 1 priority… and we bought one. the fact he was injured for the start is another matter

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Going to have to endure talkshite's commentary of the game... last time I did that was last season's dreadful game against Southampton at OT

UTD_Since_1978

Errr we desperately needed a number 9, that was number 1 priority… and we bought one. the fact he was injured for the start is another matter
    Not to mention that I read he has a stress fracture in his back, now, I'm no doctor but that sounds bad to me, how he passed a medical to join us with that issue f knows, he ain't gonna be fit anytime soon you can bank on that.

Havak

Pokemon master
    Onana
    Wan-Bissaka Varane Martinez Dalot
    Casemiro Eriksen
    Antony Bruno Rashford
    Martial
    -------
    Sancho, Garnacho, McTominay, Fernandez​

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
    I have concerns if we go into this with a Casemiro/Bruno/Eriksen midfield. We will get completely overrun, moreso than previous games.

We also need to find a way to get Rashford back onto the left, and drop Antony. Try Sancho or Bruno as a false nine if needed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 70% of 264 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 257 ratings.

Score Predictions