Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DRJosh

Supports
    United minus the Glazers
    This has a draw all over it. I hope Cavani starts. Mbappe will have Williams for breakfast, lunch and dinner so hopefully Telles plays.

always_hoping

Clean sheet for United in this game means into the knock out stages. Easier said than done of course.

The Boy

Supports
    Brighton and Hove Albion
    Henderson
    Lindeloff Maguire Tuanzebe
    AWB Fred McT Telles
    Bruno
    Cavani Rashford
    I think you'll line up with something like this and try to hit them on the counter, if Telles isn't fit then maybe James comes in here in a wing back role, I think he'd be more effective than Williams.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
    Henderson
    Lindeloff Maguire Tuanzebe
    AWB Fred McT Telles
    Bruno
    Cavani Rashford
    I think you'll line up with something like this and try to hit them on the counter, if Telles isn't fit then maybe James comes in here in a wing back role, I think he'd be more effective than Williams.
    TZ is suspended

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
    Would Bailly work there?
    He’s fast and strong enough and the obvious replacement to do the job if all goes well ....which it doesn’t all the time because he is also prone to regular brain zaps which lead to goals conceded, so many fans are nervous about him!

Chairman Woodie

PSG's results have been very mixed recently.

If PSG play anything like they did against Bordeaux at the weekend, I think United will win comfortably. But United must take their chances.

DRM

Tuchel must've figured out our tactics against him by now surely?

youngrell

Is Bailly even fit?

I probably wouldn’t be totally against Telles in a back 3. He’s shown very good aerial ability thus far, and his position seems decent too.

Think I would prefer a back 4 though, with Scott in midfield, we could easily transition to a 3 if needed.

Siorac

Our immediate next game is PSG, where you'd imagine that were PSG not to win, and hence get knocked out of the Champions League in the group stages, Tuchel will be sacked.
    Even if PSG lose tomorrow, they can still qualify - unless you're saying it's completely out of the question that we'll beat Leipzig ;)

dal

————————DDG
    AWB——Maguire—Lindelof—Telles
    —————————-Matic———————
    —————Fred—————-Mctominay-
    —Greenwood————————VDB
    —————————Martial—————

Kill them With the subs.

Lynty

Ole will obviously want to go with 5 at the back, because its a formula that's worked incredibly well against PSG.

His choices for third CB are limited, so we either see Bailly, McTom, Matic or TFM.

I reckon he'll lean towards TFM as he's trusted him previously to fill gaps.

------------------------------- GK --------------------------------

AWB------TFM-----Lindelof----Maguire-----Telles

--------------------- McTom -------- Fred ------------------

------------------------------ Bruno ------------------------------

------------------- Cavani ------- Rashford ---------------

0-0

Bwuk

I would be amazed if Timbo starts this one.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    If we get the result we need vs PSG then I'd send half the team to Germany next week. We play City only a few days after Leipzig and City are already through so will rest their entire first 11.

Just a shame we messed up in Istanbul or we'd already be through.

Scriblerus

Anxious about this one, remembering how Tuanzebe's pace at the back saved us more than once in Paris. And PSG are probably due some good luck in this fixture. I still fear that Istanbul is going to cost us.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    This has a draw all over it. I hope Cavani starts. Mbappe will have Williams for breakfast, lunch and dinner so hopefully Telles plays.
    I do recall similar things being said prior to the first game.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Anxious about this one, remembering how Tuanzebe's pace at the back saved us more than once in Paris. And PSG are probably due some good luck in this fixture. I still fear that Istanbul is going to cost us.
    What do you mean, ‘due some good luck’? They’ve also been pretty gash in matches this season. How does it suddenly mean they’re due good luck?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    I refuse to play 3 at the back without at least one of Tuanzebe or Shaw alongside Maguire & Lindelof. TFM & Bailly are dodgy option.

Just play 4231. Lindelof & Maguire protected with 2 work horse double pivot. Unless if Ole is pulling another master class with different formation & tactic again but TFM & Bailly are not the answer.

-Supreme-

PSG have been very poor on the occasions I've watched them this season. I can see our reactive football working well in this game due to PSGs greater need to win the game which will leave space in behind.
    Yep and that’s when Rashford usually flourish and his performances are far better in the CL this season.

It remains to be seen if our players are capable of playing a different type of football even if we bring someone in like Rose.

theklr

Dont understand how so many posters underestimate PSG here - they have motivation in abundance for this match, while we will be thinking " a draw is enough", while probably having key injuries and suspension.

Never a good combination. I actually think we'll lose this one and it'll come down to our Leipzig match.

SuperiorXI

Tuchel must've figured out our tactics against him by now surely?
    Don't think it's as simple as that... even if he knows we're going to counter, what is he going to do to counteract that? Sit back? Sitting back isn't as effective as it used to be vs. United, and PSG need the result so they'll have to come get it.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
    PSG'S SQUAD FOR UNITED GAME

Goalkeepers:
    Alexandre Letellier, Keylor Navas, Sergio Rico.

Defenders: Mitchel Bakker, Colin Dagba, Abdou Diallo, Alessandro Florenzi, Thilo Kehrer, Presnel Kimpembe, Layvin Kurzawa, Marquinhos, Timothee Pembele.

Midfielders: Angel di Maria, Danilo, Bandiogou Fadiga, Idrissa Gueye, Ander Herrera, Leandro Paredes, Rafinha, Marco Verratti.

Forwards: Moise Kean, Kylian Mbappe, Neymar.
    Attacking stars Neymar and Kylian Mbappe have been included in the party, with the former having scored the winner in last week’s 1-0 victory over RB Leipzig, after recovering from a three-week injury lay-off.
    Influential captain Marquinhos and midfield creator Marco Verratti have also made the trip to Manchester.
    The pair missed our 2-1 win in the Group H opener through injury but their return gives Thomas Tuchel’s side – who need to win in M16 to stave off the possibility of dropping into the Europa League – a boost.
    Four key players from the French side’s run to last season’s final have not travelled.
    Full-back Juan Bernat is a long-term absentee, having ruptured a cruciate ligament in September, while playmaker Julian Draxler is still out with a hamstring injury.
    Pablo Sarabia and Mauro Icardi featured off the bench during Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Bordeaux in Ligue Un, but have since experienced issues in training, meaning they’ll have to sit out of this encounter.
    From manutd app

SuperiorXI

Dont understand how so many posters underestimate PSG here - they have motivation in abundance for this match, while we will be thinking " a draw is enough", while probably having key injuries and suspension.

Never a good combination. I actually think we'll lose this one and it'll come down to our Leipzig match.
    I am sure the management and players realise this... if we don't go all out to win it means lots more pressure. We can put it to bed tonight.

But United do historically like doing things the hard way, so a loss would definitely not surprise me.

cyberman

They had motivation against RBL and got outplayed for 90 mins.
    They are dog shit this season. Mbappe is 8 CL games without a goal and looks to be found out, which is a problem when you are a 2 man team.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    I'd be amazed if we get anything from this. Given our injuries, the players they have back and that this is a must win for them... all this, plus the revenge they're presumably desperate for... We'll be heading to Germany needing to avoid a defeat I reckon.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
    Let’s crowd the midfield and rely on brilliance of Bruno and Cavani. We can win this!

prateik

A draw means we qualify, right?
    Will take it..

PSG are a top side... they cant keep fecking up.. they'll turn up at some point..

Jaxa

Has the confirmed injuries been announced for this ? Hearing Telles , Donny and McTominay all missing !?

Also thinking back to the last game it was pretty naive of Ole putting on Axel knowing he was a yellow away from a suspension considering how well he done against PSG and that being our next game, massive blow having him out for something that could have been easily avoided.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
    They need a win. They have to come and play
    This suits us.

Pogba to play? If he was guaranteed to put the effort in then no brainer - but is he going to bother?
    I think we are better without him

Withnail

Telles is doubtful for the weekend so won't be fit tomorrow will he?

Also looking at that ankle of DVB's, he won't be ready either.

Agree Cavani should start. He'll be well up for it.

Withnail

They need a win. They have to come and play
    This suits us.

Pogba to play? If he was guaranteed to put the effort in then no brainer - but is he going to bother?
    I think we are better without him
    He wasn't even in the squad with his ankle at the weekend. I can't imagine he'll be fit to start.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 253 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • PSG win
  • Draw