Old Trafford

Kick-off
Wed, 2 December 2020 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Captain Maguire on the floor sums it up.
    We played decently in parts and should have score much more and got the point at least.

If we play with McTominay and Fred and try to play for a draw in Leipzig, I will go bezerk.

Absolute jokers to blame this on Ole!

We shouldve been 2 maybe even 3 goals clear now if Tony could put the ball in the net!

But yes, let’s all blame Ole because it’s the cool thing to do here on the CAF.

Atrocious behaviour
    I think your definition of "atrocious behaviour" is extremely naive. Simple football sense would say take Fred off, he is on a hype. Everyone had been saying it since half time, but he dithers as usual. Why did he take our most natural box striker off when he changes tactics to hoof the ball in the box? On paper, we should be beating this lot. Yes we have been poor at finishing, but Ole is tactically inept and lacks any influence. I think the players look lost.

Hope we get this team of actors in the knockout and spank em. Really don't deserve this result. PSG are shameless. Full of diva's and players like Neymar that have no integrity.

Can we just be clear the game was over before Fred went off. Ole isnt to blame for us not winning, just for Fred being sent off.

We missed our big chances thats all.

I would rather be last in this group than go back into the Europa fecking league.

I don't disagree with either of you, I was just saying why I thought Ole kept him on. Would have taken him off ay half time myself.

I do think it's unfair to hold accountable Ole for a poor refereeing mistake though, and Fred for that matter. The latter improved ten-fold in the second half, only for the ref to stitch him up to recover his first half error.

The incident he gets the second yellow for is bullshit but Ole is being held to account for leaving Fred in the mix with a ref who is primed to book him at the slightest sign of disquiet. You may complain about that being case but that's the situation Ole failed to react to, so he gets pelters for that (and arguably for the subs generally; Martial lasts, then we end up with Cavani off, Ighalo on etc.)

The missed chances are 100% on the players and Ole deserves credit for overseeing that dominant second half display.

Missed chances and decision not to change Fred did us in.

But honestly I think it was not subbing Fred and putting more pressure on PSG. VdB needed to be subbed on.

We were the better team, unlucky not to score, we had some fantastic chances. We still have a good chance to win the toughest group in CL

Most disappointing game of the season so far. Worse than the 1-6 battering by Spurs in the league.

I think any experienced manager would have brought Fred off at half time. I understand we missed some sitters and players do that from time to time, but keeping Fred on after all the attention he received was extremely naive. We've seen this against Sevilla, against Chelsea, against Spurs, against Arsenal and now against PSG. We are not streetsmart, and our subs aren't managed well when there's dark arts at play. Ole had us playing good football today but his in game management was poor.

Can we just stop blaming everyone
    Sometime you lose in football
    Did not deserve to lose imho
    We will win next week
    Let’s get behind the Team
    I think we played better tonight than we did in Paris

Ole will be walking off and asking himself: "Why the hell did I leave Fred on?" It is not about hindsight. It was plain as day he needed hooked.

Martial needs to be hung out to dry, he's been absolute pish all season, bench him at the weekend.

Not subbing Fred was so, so naive of Ole and also cost us tonight.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 253 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • PSG win
  • Draw