Manchester United vs Rayo Vallecano (Sun 31st July, 16:00 UK time) | Happy King (Bebe) Day

Flexdegea

Why is this match even being played right now? Surely they knew well in advance it was the conclusion of the Women's Euros this evening and once England got to the final, why not move the kick-off to 1.30pm at the very least? That would allow most people who attend time to get home or to a TV for the big game at 5, possibly the first time England lift a cup since 1966.

Man Utd. were a bit slow to even have a woman's team, to be honest and the fact this game will still be in progress when the lionesses kick-off is pretty disrespectful. I bet it has something to do with MUTV and international contractual agreements and £££s. But at the end of the day it looks bad: not only do Man Utd. have the most arrogant player in world football, but they even consider themselves to be more important than England's women.

Step aside 'King' and let the Queens have the limelight for once, its obvious this Euros timetable was organised years ago to end today, to fit in with the early start to the Premier League (because of Qatar). Surely United could have shown a bit of foresight and co-ordinated their pre-season around that. It's a PR own-goal and shows Man Utd. to be out of touch with the mood of the nation.

Anyway, I'm closing this down now and putting BBC1 on - good luck to Man Utd. in the second half, but I will read about it later - I really think they have messed up today, by kicking this friendly game off at the wrong time.

:lol:

Prob the most over dramatic post I've read in a long time.

United total heel club against women

always_hoping

Garnacho a huge talent with great potential has totally overshadowed Ronaldos return in that half. Garner impressive also

Chong isn't going to make it as United players is he?

r0663664

Worships Man City
Chong should be sold to back to a Dutch club, no future here even he is left footed. Hasn't improve for so many years, probably only suitable for Tier 2 or 3 club.

C3Pique

Garnacho outstanding
Laird decent but let down by Chong who has been awful
Martinez composed
Ronaldo's link up has been poor
Eriksen / DVB axis hasn't really clicked
Garner decent

All in all a pretty quiet half, unsurprising given the players missing from yesterday. But Garnacho has proven he is first team ready.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Considering it’s 35 minutes playing in a mish mash team I think I’ll reserve judgement. Some of the shit Varane has slung his way doesn’t help.
Well yeah, he's been another debatable United signing. Think Madrid saw Ed coming with that one.

Godfather

Lanky doodles like Chong rarely make it. Falls over at every single challenge. Don't like that kind of footballer at all. Zero strenght. Not to mention the shit decision making today.

El Jefe

Laird proving why he wasn't successful at Bournemouth. Another overhyped youngster with no future.

Garner has looked clueless but I have a bit of hope that he can still be coached by EtH.

It's a disjointed team but Ronaldo's inclusion has a direct impact on our ability to press.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Why is this match even being played right now? Surely they knew well in advance it was the conclusion of the Women's Euros this evening and once England got to the final, why not move the kick-off to 1.30pm at the very least? That would allow most people who attend time to get home or to a TV for the big game at 5, possibly the first time England lift a cup since 1966.

Man Utd. were a bit slow to even have a woman's team, to be honest and the fact this game will still be in progress when the lionesses kick-off is pretty disrespectful. I bet it has something to do with MUTV and international contractual agreements and £££s. But at the end of the day it looks bad: not only do Man Utd. have the most arrogant player in world football, but they even consider themselves to be more important than England's women.

Step aside 'King' and let the Queens have the limelight for once, its obvious this Euros timetable was organised years ago to end today, to fit in with the early start to the Premier League (because of Qatar). Surely United could have shown a bit of foresight and co-ordinated their pre-season around that. It's a PR own-goal and shows Man Utd. to be out of touch with the mood of the nation.

Anyway, I'm closing this down now and putting BBC1 on - good luck to Man Utd. in the second half, but I will read about it later - I really think they have messed up today, by kicking this friendly game off at the wrong time.
They aren't going to shag you mate.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Garnacho best player of the half. Reminds me of Federico Chiesa of Juventus and Italy with his running the ball/dribbling with purpose
Spot on comparison. Hopefully we tie him up to a new deal asap. Would be absolutely gutted if we lose him on a free.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

Garnacho is absolutely immense. Something special there. Sky is the limit for me. DVB been ok - competent performance. Still don’t know what he offers other than just being a player that keeps things ticking, but maybe that’s it. Just quietly keeps things going. Ronaldo has contributed beautifully to build up play - two really lovely through balls to the left wing in particular with power, pace and precision. Eriksen played one of the best passes I’ve seen in this half - he’s going to have a wonderful career with us. No doubt. Looks like the Eriksen of old.

Chong… abysmal. Why are some of you so excited by him? Every time he gets a chance there’s nothing there in terms of brains and technicality. He has a lot of heart but he’s not good enough.

lex talionis

As shit as Chong was in the the first half, I'd like to see EtH give him another 15 minutes. I don't think he has it, but a few more minutes to prove himself would be worth it.

DarkXaero

I don't like to overhype our talents but given the squad quality at the moment, Garnacho looks ready to contribute to the first team this season. He can dribble with pace and purpose, and that alone is something that this team needs more of.

Baneofthegame

First half thoughts:

- Really like the look of Garnacho.
- Chong has not been great.
- Martinez looks class

Santoryo

ripping the reward
This is the least Ten Hag ball we've seen throughout the entirety of this pre season.

No energy, no tempo, no control.

Bobski

We haven’t got control of the midfield, VDB definitely not our best player.
He has been nice and bright with more contructive and positive touches in that half than in the rest of the pre-season combined. Also been quite active in the press and in getting his foot in. Rayo have had more of the ball but some of the quick ball movement between Ronnie, Donny, Garnacho and Eriksen has been rather decent.

No control, but you have a lot of kids and Garner.

Decent half, Garancho the stand out, Lisandro looks classy but most of the attacks have come down the opposite side so little for him to do defensively. Eriksen needs the fitness.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Our CBs are 20 yards deeper than they have been all pre-season, we have no control, there are gaps between the lines, we’re pressing in isolation with zero intensity and aren’t sustaining attacks as a result. The only threat is give the ball to Garnacho and have him do some individual magic. It’s last season again. What’s changed?

Team has been poor collectively but individually Martinez looks very composed, Garner has tried to put himself about and Garnacho looks a fecking star once he sorts out his decision making.

Fav moment of the half was Chong putting his arm out for Ronaldo to run and press and Ronaldo just staring at him like that’s not we do here. Top stuff.

redom

I really hope we can provide EtH with the players he needs to make this work because you can already see the coaching working, it's just the execution that's letting us down at the moment because of the limitations some of our squad have. Really looking forward to the season though because even with the mistakes I'm enjoying the football we're trying to play and it feels like there could be something there if we get other parts of the club in order too.