Manchester United vs Rayo Vallecano (Sun 31st July, 16:00 UK time) | Happy King (Bebe) Day

SuperiorXI

Saw it live in the youth cup with Garnacho, he is special, when he gets it you feel something will happen. He's gonna be a great player.

Heard it here first.

Blood Mage

Put a better player than Chong on the right and I think we'd have a few goals here. Every attack has broken down at his feet.

Why is this match even being played right now? Surely they knew well in advance it was the conclusion of the Women's Euros this evening and once England got to the final, why not move the kick-off to 1.30 or 2.00pm at the very least? That would allow most people who attend time to get home or to a TV for the big game at 5, possibly the first time England lift a cup since 1966.

Man Utd. were a bit slow to even have a woman's team, to be honest and the fact this game will still be in progress when the lionesses kick-off is pretty disrespectful. I bet it has something to do with MUTV and international contractual agreements and £££s. But at the end of the day it looks bad: not only do Man Utd. have the most arrogant player in world football, but they even consider themselves to be more important than England's women.

Step aside 'King' and let the Queens have the limelight for once, its obvious this Euros timetable was organised years ago to end today, to fit in with the early start to the Premier League (because of Qatar). Surely United could have shown a bit of foresight and co-ordinated their pre-season around that. It's a PR own-goal and shows Man Utd. to be out of touch with the mood of the nation.

Anyway, I'm closing this down now and putting BBC1 on - good luck to Man Utd. in the second half, but I will read about it later - I really think they have messed up today, by kicking this friendly game off at the wrong time.
:lol:

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Enough watching Chong, time to watch the ladies play actual football.
I think it's an absolute disgrace that Man Utd decided to play a friendly at this time knowing full well the Women's Euro schedule. It's all for money and is just disgusting. I feel nauseated.

Hoof the ball

Not keen on Garnacho going on loan. I want us to have the same kind of balls that (shudder) Barcelona did giving Gavi and Pedri first-team minutes at 17, or Madrid did with Vinicius at 17. I have no reservations about what Sir Alex would have done with a guy like Garnacho. None whatsoever. Let him make a name for himself.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Our CBs are 20 yards deeper than they have been all pre-season, we have no control, there are gaps between the lines, we’re pressing in isolation with zero intensity and aren’t sustaining attacks as a result. The only threat is give the ball to Garnacho and have him do some individual magic. It’s last season again. What’s changed?

Team has been poor collectively but individually Martinez looks very composed, Garner has tried to put himself about and Garnacho looks a fecking star once he sorts out his decision making.

Fav moment of the half was Chong putting his arm out for Ronaldo to run and press and Ronaldo just staring at him like that’s not we do here. Top stuff.
I really hope we can provide EtH with the players he needs to make this work because you can already see the coaching working, it's just the execution that's letting us down at the moment because of the limitations some of our squad have. Really looking forward to the season though because even with the mistakes I'm enjoying the football we're trying to play and it feels like there could be something there if we get other parts of the club in order too.
Experts opinions are divided. I tend to agree with Mickeza, it's just direct football without much structure. This is not ETH ball for sure.

Dudu

Garnacho was excellent that half. Martinez so very composed on the ball - much needed. Eriksen good.

Disappointing from Chong. Okay from the rest.

Ronaldo looks fit and sharp in his first pre-season game.

BuzzKillington

“You’re a big fan of Chongy aren’t you Quinny” I was just sick in my mouth a little. Please can this putting a ‘y’ on the end of names things just feck off and die.

Darlington Padgett

Garner also gets too much hype for what he's showing. I'm not seeing much that convinces me he's going to make it here. Will turn out to be a decent player. At one of the very best clubs though? I doubt it.
He hides too much, can't seem to control a game which is what we're missing at the moment.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
He is 22 and has been at the club since 2016. Either the development squad is nonexistent or Chong is a lost cause.

Our development is poor no doubt. But to say this lad has poor technique is just not true. That's not to say he's going to make at United because the signs are he won't

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
One thing is being a propaganda channel but MUTV is downright fake news. They're hyping up Chong's performance ffs.

Jam

Would love to see Garnacho in and around the first team going forwards.

Ease him into the squad, minutes here and there. Don’t just throw him in the deep end like I’m assuming some people want to.

Good showing from him today and in the youth teams but remember he’s a long long way from being some premier league star; let’s not get too carried away.

Lentwood

Garner also gets too much hype for what he's showing. I'm not seeing much that convinces me he's going to make it here. Will turn out to be a decent player. At one of the very best clubs though? I doubt it.
Yeah I quite like him and think he'll definitely make a PL midfielder but the percentage call is to take the money now peak-hype for me

VivaJesperBlomqvist

Laird proving why he wasn't successful at Bournemouth. Another overhyped youngster with no future.

Garner has looked clueless but I have a bit of hope that he can still be coached by EtH.

It's a disjointed team but Ronaldo's inclusion has a direct impact on our ability to press.
I swear you guys watch a different game. Laird has been fab

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Saw it live in the youth cup with Garnacho, he is special, when he gets it you feel something will happen. He's gonna be a great player.

Heard it here first.
It's the feeling one got when watching Georgie!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Our development is poor no doubt. But to say this lad has poor technique is just not true. That's not to say he's going to make at United because the signs are he won't
He has poor technique, when you can't shoot, pass or dribble properly or with any regularity, you have poor technique. If that 22 years old player was playing for anyone but United, you wouldn't try to bamboozle people into thinking otherwise.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Hopefully that means Chong is off - shame for him, but it feels like the lad has lost the ball every time he's had it.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I swear you guys watch a different game. Laird has been fab
Laird has given too much space to his left wing.
He should have stuck to him like glue.
After 10 seconds it was his loose marking that could have been our downfall.