Manchester United vs Real Madrid (Thu 27th July, 01:30 UK time)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Mount hate is surprising - he and Bruno are the only ones pressing like animals. Casemiro + Eriksen seem very off, Garnacho not really doing much, Rashford poor too.

James35

Worst performance of pre season so far against the best opposition. Losing the midfield battle, sloppy passing from the back and not creating much, at least it should be further emphasising that Rashford is never a CF, Bruno is not a wide player and Mount is not better than Bruno centrally. EtH does seem a bit stubborn at times though.

Hopefully not huge changes at HT besides positional.

3KDré

This game totally highlights our lack of a striker
Kind of strange to see Madrid and United both teams of staple strikers not having a striker at the club (not counting Martial and Joselu).

CloneMC16

AWB was our best player by a mile. Midfield and forwards were pretty dreadful.

We're so bad in the final third. Can see improvements playing out from the back.

Anustart89

He's gone right through the back of Bruno there and to save himself from having to give us a free kick he blows for half time despite Mainoo being down for like two-three minutes. Idiot.

RuudTom83

Good first half…the type of game that will get them up to speed quicker than 3 easy games against weaker teams.

wolvored

Second best although offside goal. The speed they break makes us look ponderous when we attack

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
One thing I don't like about pressing system is that if there are only a few players doing it, it rarely works. But most of our players are still in their off season form with beer belly and all that.

the_cliff

Decent game tbh. Offside goal for Madrid, other than that they didn't create much, we had the better chances offside goal aside.

We really need a cf that can deal with a physical presence like Rudiger. Rashford is getting bullied out there...

DevTheRed

Getting to the point where Casemiro and Eriksen shouldn’t be playing together.. they’re both far too leggy. You see Camavinha and Tchouameni playing together and it’s night and day between the two.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Wan Bissaka & Camavinga look like brothers out there

acnumber9

I think anonymous is less hyperbole, but yeah he hasn't done anything most of the game.
Not getting involved in that position is dreadful. We’re playing our best creator out wide to accommodate him in the middle. I can’t remember him passing to a teammate.

space

Bruno having no impact on the right
Eriksen is done man, so bloody slow
Casemiro passing is so off it's not even funny
Not sure what Rashy is doing ?

Everyone else has been okay.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Turns out investing in central midfield is not a bad strategy.

Really worried about Eriksen. Shouldn't be getting many minutes this season if this is what he has left. Offering nothing on either side of the ball whatsoever.

I'll give Casemiro a pass because I genuinely think he doesn't care tonight, which is pretty much fine.

Anustart89

We look like we're a week or two behind them in terms of pre-season preparations, and about four-five years behind them in terms of squad building.

MUFC OK

Madrids Midfield quite obviously pisses all over ours which probably shouldnt be a surprise - that's the difference. They are so incisive with their passing, will be devastating on the break this season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Refs been garbage here.

Struggled to cope with camavinga, Vini, Modrić, bellingham and how press resistant they are. Thought we did well when under pressure at the back but broke down when we tried to progress it further. We've had a few very good chances, classic United missing them.

Casemiro, Rashford, Eriksen, Bruno all putting in very meh performances. Mount working hard but a bit isolated. Garnacho doing ok.

RedDevilQuebecois

It’s pre season. Nothing to take from this.
Nevertheless, I also hate the idea of playing against so many European clubs during pre-season. I really miss the days when we would play local clubs in Japan, China, South Korea, North America and so on. Those clubs might be inferior technically, but they can give a workout because they are in mid-season form.