Manchester United vs San Jose Earthquakes (International Champions Cup)

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
In the first half we played as expected. Organized with some good movements. Only Rooney and Jones looked a bit rusty, but nothing spectacular. Overall our first 45 minutes was good.

Our second half was really bad. Our organization and movement was poor and many of our players didn't take there chance to impress.

On the positive side was Jonny Evans. Maybe his best game for a long long time. He was more decisive and distinct when he had the ball, that was refreshing. A few times BFS waved at him to move forward and that was a sign of what good communication can do to a player with low self confidence. I can imagine that the coaching staff had also talked to him and gave him instructions to be more present and active in his movement. Anyway. Very good.

On the other side was Wilson and Januzaj. Really poor performance from both of them. Blackett was ok but I don't think he has what it takes to be a future United player. Maybe a loan?

Sam Johnstone was impressive. One more years on loan?

Lingard was also ok but not impressive enough to raise some positive questions. The only young player who impressed me was Peirera. He seems to raise to the occasion. That's a good sign.

Herrera, Smalling and BFS was the only players in the second half who I can see challenge for a starting position. Peirera maybe as a future sub. Apart from that we need Fellaini, Valencia, ADM and two new players in to have a competitive squad.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Just re-watching one of the replays now.

At half time when they're looking at the highlights and the PA is playing Herbie Hancock - Rockit over the highlights :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why does LvG not field Schneiderlin together with Herrera? Would like to see those 2 together.
Then we'd need Carrick and Schweiny together for a half and that just wouldn't work for either... It's either Herrera with Schweiny or Herrera with Carrick, with Schneiderlin with the other one (if we're doing midfield 2's).

rover

schneiderlin is more physical than hererra, and so is the same for schweini to carrick. that explains the combinations

Sir A1ex

Who are JL and MD? And why are ADM (winger/cm), Rooney (striker), Herrera (cm) and Powell (reserve standard) there? :confused:
Lingard and Memphis... and they are all players who can be played (I think I'd be right in saying all have at some point) as no 10s.

I'm not claiming they are all fighting it out for the actual place!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
preseason games are not for entertainment. it's all about raising match fitness & checking things out
Tell that to the supporters who paid something like $150 for last nights game tickets.

Football is always supposed to be entertaining, regardless if its a friendly & for players to gain fitness. You can entertain & get the fitness up also..

Clas Sified

Tell that to the supporters who paid something like $150 for last nights game tickets.

Football is always supposed to be entertaining, regardless if its a friendly & for players to gain fitness. You can entertain & get the fitness up also..
To be fair, supporters at the pre-season games in America/Asia usually pay to see the players live, not to really enjoy a great spectacle of a match. The occasional good pre-season match is always a bonus, imo and not a necessity.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Thought everyone was impressive enough. Especially the new signings.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Thought the first game was a lot better, both in terms of quality of opponent and our performance.

This time we were really slow and poor on the ball, and weak too. Looked like the entire squad was hungover.

Did enjoy watching Pereira again though, and Herrera turning someone then nutmegging them to go back the other way just because he could. Luke Shaw was probably the pick of the first half lot.

Acole9

Outstanding
A more entertaining match than the Club America one although the second half was a bit flat after all the changes. Pereira looks a player, I kind of hope we don't loan him out and he gets some game time here.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
For the 2 matches I have been most impressed with Memphis, schniederlein, Herrera and pereira. Shaw gets a notice. The first two are going to make a big difference this year. One provides pace and creativity and the other is a ball winner and smart, things we needed last year.