Manchester United vs Saudi Atletico Arabia | Carabao Cup Final Build-up Thread (Sun 26 Feb) | Pope suspended, Dubravka cup-tied

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m loving my life

The media Newcastle bias is sickening.

There’s a hashtag on Twitter for the final and it throws up almost exclusively Newcastle-centric stories about them winning their first trophy ever as a poor little Saudi Arabian David vs Goliath story. Many of these are from mainstream news sources. I hope we smash them

LordSpud

Casemiro has played 17 finals for club and country and won 16 of them. I'm not having us letting him down.

andy0

Nile Ranger, former Newcastle player, touting tickets for £2000

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-nile-ranger-carabao-cup-29295776

One reacted to Ranger selling the tickets by tweeting: "Areet @NilePowerRanger. NUFC gave you a chance - which you blew - in football. Why are you fleecing their fans? Is this a reason to boo? And how do you have so many tickets in the first place? You’d be there legitimately but you had more arrests than brain cells."

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
A front three of Sancho, Antony and Rashford please.
Let's get at them from the off.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Still can't believe geordies will have a week to prepare whilst we get just 2 days.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Still can't believe geordies will have a week to prepare whilst we get just 2 days.
Riding the crest of a wave from beating Barcelona.

Don't think we have to worry about the few days rest.

Suv666

Must win game. Some silverware could really kick us on. Lads should be buzzing after beating Barca

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The danger is Newcastle play for penalties. Sort of like Villareal in the europa, although we are much better now as a team.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Really need a win here. ETH will be judged on trophy’s so picking up the first one available will be massive. Then we still have the Europa.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
They are on the slide but still difficult to beat. We need the first goal.

Ole'sgunnarwin

We'll win. Games like that build momentum and character like nothing else. Shades of 99 with the amount of big matches. What a fecking turn around in a year.

Josh 76

Dalot
Martinez
Varane
Shaw

Casemerio
Fred
Sabitzar

Bruno
Rashford
Antony

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Win this and I don't give a feck what happens in the other cups. Want a trophy, any trophy

MoskvaRed

The fact we beat Barcelona tonight (and without needing extra time) suggests to me that we will beat Newcastle on Sunday. We have momentum and confidence (plus players like Casemiro, Varane and Martinez who have won the big prizes).

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Nile Ranger, former Newcastle player, touting tickets for £2000

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-nile-ranger-carabao-cup-29295776

One reacted to Ranger selling the tickets by tweeting: "Areet @NilePowerRanger. NUFC gave you a chance - which you blew - in football. Why are you fleecing their fans? Is this a reason to boo? And how do you have so many tickets in the first place? You’d be there legitimately but you had more arrests than brain cells."
The True Geordie is going to sort him out with a rant.

Redfrog

Can we change the title to « Pope suspended, Dubravka cup-tied, Newcastle fecked » ? Please.

RuudTom83

Will be completely different on Sunday…Barca were open and attacking. Newcastle will be the total opposite.

Will need a completely different approach from United. But EtH will know what to do.

Irwin99

Some interesting selection choices for the final in that some players tonight only played a half or 60 minutes. AWB, Antony, Dalot, Weghorst, Sancho, Garnacho , also Sabitzer didn't even feature. We should have some fresh players to pick if people are worried about fatigue.

Pintu

Casemiro has played 17 finals for club and country and won 16 of them. I'm not having us letting him down.
Someone has already let him down so it won’t be upon us.

The one final that he lost was 2021 when his Brazil side failed to defend the Copa America crown. Fred (who wasn't included in the 2019 winning side) did let him down there... But either way, we are winning this on Sunday.

Woodzy

Any keeper can have a blinder on their day, let’s not get too giddy over that suspension. We should fecking batter them just because we are class though.

Status
Not open for further replies.