Manchester United vs Saudi Atletico Arabia | Carabao Cup Final Build-up Thread (Sun 26 Feb) | Pope suspended, Dubravka cup-tied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utuhu

Sabitzer - Casemiro - Bruno in midfield.

Sancho - Rashford - Antony in attack.
Fred, Garnacho and Wout for second half subs.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I really, really hope we bring this home on Sunday. I have confidence. We have the confidence and we have the manager.

kidbob

Going to be a very tough game. We have played so much football and they will be fairly fresh. They are also just a good team now too.

justboy68

We'll ride this momentum to the win. I firmly believe that. It's like going on a multiple day bender, there will be a hangover at some point afterwards, but we'll ride this high until Sunday and smash the bastards!

Marcus

We just need to play at our best. I trust this manager to get the maximum out of this squad. Come on you Reds!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Only worry is the difference in energy levels as Barcelona would have taken a lot out of the tank. Newcastle are a pretty physical side right? Quality wise, we have more than them.

Red & White

Nervous about this one due to the amount of games/ rest we’ve had, compared to them. We have the quality and really hope we get a first trophy under ETH, would be huge for his and our success here going forward.

Nero

72 hours until our first trophy in 6 years. No doubt we are winning this.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bring Dalot and Antony in. Both came on yesterday so will add a bit of freshness.

Not sure on any other rotations. Sabitzer over Fred would be a big call. As would Garnacho coming in.
West Ham in midweek is the time to do wholesale changes.

Hopefully the backroom team have their recovery plan spot on. At last yesterday was a home game. Imagine if it'd been away as well!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Just give them all ice baths after the game, then some cryo therapy, a carb load, massages, ART, and a day off to just relax and sleep. These are top athletes. They’ll be fine by Sunday. Some light training on Saturday. Just ball work, tactics, and a swim in the pool. They’ll be good.

Id say the risk isn’t fatigue, it’s soft tissue injuries. The forward line, with the exception of Rashford, has been well rotated. Fred and Bruno never stop running anyway. Probably run in their sleep. Casemiro is known for his ridiculous meticulousness to his preparations and conditioning. And Sabitzer is fresh. The two I worry about are Rashford and Varane. Luckily defenders do a lot less running. Adrenaline alone will carry them through the final, but you worry about the weeks after. Some serious rotation coming up on Wednesday.

Last edited:

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Hope we smash them. However ETH needs to rotate and get some fresh legs in there.

My team would be the following with the idea that since the wide men (both attacking and defensive) need to cover lots of ground that's the area I would rotate. The spine of the team picks itself.

Garnacho-------Rashford---------Antony
--------------------------Bruno-----------------------
-----------------Sabitzer----Case-----------------
Malacia------Martinez------Varane-----Dalot
---------------------------DDG--------------------------

JimmyWils

Why on earth are you not managing us? Seem to know everything about why the team should be fine :D

In all seriousness though I do agree, and maybe let a few of them have a rest after this game. Now is not the time to be taking a foot off the gas at the end of what was billed as the biggest week in the season so far.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I really hope we get that early goal which doesn't seem likely looking at our recent early starts because they sure can be a pain to play against when their trying to kill the game and im sure they'll have the penalties in their mind.

eire-red

Sutton has been a right cnut backing most teams against us in his prediction
He's an idiot and a twat. He's backing Newcastle because they'll have a goalie playing in goal that hasn't played in years and his last final appearance was a shocker.

Yet his logic is for Karuis to have a redemption story and to "make the difference".

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
We’ve got players back from injury at the right time, we now have a few options which don’t weaken us. Casemiro has had a few games less in the legs also. I think Sabitzer comes into this game, as well as Antony and Dalot.

De Gea
Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw
Casemiro Sabitzer
Antony Bruno Rashford
Wout​

The above allows us some good options on the bench to change if needed; Sancho, Garnacho, Fred, hopefully Martial also.

It will be tough as we’ve played twice since they last played, and they’ll be really up for this. Keep them quiet early and get on top with passing and moving and keeping possession. I think we’ll concede but will have enough to win, another 2-1.

horse_pills

Sutton has been a right cnut backing most teams against us in his prediction
I noticed this too. He's obviously another bitter cos we used to always hammer Norwich and Blackburn. If his predictions were accurate we'd be battling relegation right now.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I have a strong feeling we are going to win our first trophy in 6 years.

croadyman

I really hope we get that early goal which doesn't seem likely looking at our recent early starts because they sure can be a pain to play against when their trying to kill the game and im sure they'll have the penalties in their mind.
Yeah their shithousery was an issue at Old Trafford when we drew 0-0 against them

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
If we win, I reckon it will be by a single goal. I hope we have enough in the tank to see the game through.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Big day for a lot of players tomorrow. There’s a high number in the squad who are playing for their first major trophy at United, or their first major trophy full stop (marked with an asterisk):
  • Lindelöf
  • Maguire*
  • Martinez
  • Fernandes
  • Malacia
  • Eriksen
  • Sabitzer
  • Fred
  • Casemiro
  • Varane
  • Dalot (played 8 games in a Porto league championship)
  • Antony
  • Heaton*
  • Sancho
  • Weghorst*
  • Pellistri*
  • Wan-Bissaka*
  • Williams*
  • Van de Beek
  • Elanga*
  • McTominay*
  • Garnacho*
  • Mainoo*
Not included players who have not featured in the competition, except for Sabitzer who has a high chance of featuring at some point today.

We also cannot forget:
  • Dubravka

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ugh I hate it but wouldn’t have it any other way. Let’s fecking do this.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
On the coach heading down to Wembley. Come on United.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Damn im going to miss this because at 4 pm ill fly back to Chile :( only will know about the result when i arrive

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Didn't Newcastle sit back quite a lot when we played them last doing lots of shithousery and taking free kicks etc to slow the tempo down? If they do that again and we don't have to run around chasing the ball as much as we did against Barca I think we shouldn't have to worry about getting too tired today, or at least not as tired as we could get if we played a team that went at us.
Might be a big if though..

Status
Not open for further replies.