Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ollie Derbyshire

.............Onana.........

Dalot.AWB.Maguire.Antony

.......Casemiro.Mainoo...........
    ...............Bruno....................
    Amad..........................Garnacho
    .................Højlund.................

This is if both McT and Rashford are injured now.
    We must be able to do better than these, we aren’t getting any higher in the league and I don’t really care if we make the lesser European competitions, so I’d rather give some youngsters a go.

VivaRonaldo85

Lost at home to these in the league a few years ago seen they were going down. Anything could happen

Ole'sgunnarwin

This is probably the only guaranteed win left from the remaining 6 PL games.

They're basically relegated after losing 4-1 vs Burnley at home. They'll have a go like they did at Anfield recently. We could be in trouble if they take their chances, as they do have some quality in the form of Hamer, McAtee and Brereton Diaz.

Maybe a dodgy 2-1 home win.
    There's no guaranteed wins. Did you watch the match today?

Chairman Steve

I have no doubt that our lads will find a way to make McBurnie look like Shevchenko in his AC Milan days.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Even good United sides made it difficult against the worst PL teams in history. I remember us drawing 0-0 at home to that Sunderland side that got about 15 points all season when we had won 9 games in a row and bookies were suspending betting on 10-0. Then a few years later we only beat that Derby side with a late goal. This shite bunch could easily lose this.

Yagami

Good post resistant
    In a fantasy world, we'd have an interim manager in charge for this; giving them enough time with the squad to prepare for the final.

but we live in the real world

Hughes35

Expecting another shit show of a performance. Think we will probably scape a win but would not be surprised in the slightest if we lost.

Feels weird to say, but this game really isn't important. Sheff Utd are already down and our League season is over.

Try something slightly different:

-------------------------------------Onana-----------------
    Dalot-----------Kambwala---------Maguire----------Anthony
    ------------------------Mainoo------Mount------------------------
    Garnacho-------------------Mctom--------------------Amad
    ----------------------------------Hojlund-----------------------------

I don't expect to see it but I think that's what I'd play.

SATA

Do we have any fit players left after the extra time yesterday? I imagine Bruno will definitely play, as will Dalot and Onana. Amad and Antony to step up please

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
    Mate, he's useless up top. He can't play in this formation and struggles to do the basics at the moment. If we aren't going to change tactics, maybe change the position and play someone who will move into space and link up play better. Just because he's the only forward, doesn't and shouldn't mean we continue to play him. He's not played well for months.
    So how does that run of like 7 goals in 8 matches where he was an absolute beast in Dec/Jan/Feb, right before he got hurt fit in with your argument? Should that be ignored? Just seems like he hasn't got back in form again.

thisisnottaken1

So how does that run of like 7 goals in 8 matches where he was an absolute beast in Dec/Jan/Feb, right before he got hurt fit in with your argument? Should that be ignored? Just seems like he hasn't got back in form again.
    Exactly. It’s clear that the injury seems to have knocked the stuffing out of him. He definitely is good enough.

Red Royal

Exactly. It’s clear that the injury seems to have knocked the stuffing out of him. He definitely is good enough.
    I don't get why there is no middle ground for some fans... they expect Ramus to be prime RVP otherwise he is thought of as a poor version of Dong Fanghzou.
    Truth is Hojlund has had an OK 1st season, in a poor dysfunctional side and he's played a lot more then he should have. His hot streak was great and if he can get another couple before season is over then no one should complain. Just needs a reliable 2nd striker in the squad next year to share the load.

Blades1889

Supports
    Sheffield United
    You shouldn’t have any worries really. While our performances have picked up lately, this match will likely be the final nail in the coffin and the players will know it. Very weak minded and an early goal will open the floodgates.

I shall still have a nice time in Manchester though regardless of the score.

Todd

Honestly it has become too much of a chore to keep up on who is injured and for how long.

What happened to Varane and Lindelof? Are neither good to go?

soapythecat

Persisting with him at a young age when he's not performing isn't the way to go either. Taking him out of the firing line for a game, and this is as good as any game, could work better than hammering every week without any product. He genuinely looks lost on the pitch at the moment - would it not hurt to give him a break? I'm well aware he had a purple patch but before than and since his injury he has looked nothing like that and he needs to be manged better IMO.

red_de_pologne

Expecting another shit show of a performance. Think we will probably scape a win but would not be surprised in the slightest if we lost.

Feels weird to say, but this game really isn't important. Sheff Utd are already down and our League season is over.

I think Mount and Kambwala are injured, McTominay probably a doubt too.

Bertie Wooster

Our league season isn't over. Our hopes of CL are - and if that's literally all that you're bothered about then I guess it's 'over' in that context.

But we still have a real fight on our hands for the 6th-9th spots - which, unless we win the FA Cup, will decide whether next season we'll be in the EL, Conference League or miss out on Europe entirely.

So still plenty to play for if we don't want to miss out on Europe altogether. I know some probably would rather not be in Europe if it's not the CL, but I really don't go along with that. We're nowhere near the level of competing to win the PL or CL, so winning the domestic cups or the EL is where we're at at the moment. And being in those kinds of competitions next year will give us some chances to blood some of the promising youngsters coming through. Not being in Europe at all would be a real blow for that.

always_hoping

How Sheffield United have done away against the top five this season. (haven't played Arsenal,Tottenham away yet)

V Aston Villa 1-1 and Villa grabbed a draw in the 97th minute.

V Man City 2-0 defeat with goals 14th and 61st minute.

V Liverpool 3-1 defeat, it was 1-1 with goals for Klopps men in 76th and 90th minute

Last Old Trafford meeting against Sheffield United was in Jan 2021 with 2nd place Man United against bottom of the table Sheffield United winning 2-1 and they were managed then as they are now by Chris Wilder and since then he was manager of Middlesbrough as they knocked Man United out of the FA Cup on penalties in Old Trafford.

rooney2009

Well win 4-2
    We will go 2-0 up in the 1st and they they will bring it back to 2-2 in the 2nd half and we will then score 2 late goals to make it 4-2z
    More chaotic football.

Bertie Wooster

Even we can't lose this game... right?

...right?
    If we're still missing all the same players (including virtually all our defence bar RB's), and with Rashford and McTominay maybe added to the list? Absolutely we can! As I'm sure you knew. ;)

As I said for the Coventry match, I'm expecting a close game with only one goal margin either way. We hardly ever have a comfortable win, and don't see one with our long list of absentees. Us edging it, or a draw, is most likely but, sadly, really wouldn't be surprised by Sheffield United sneaking a win either.

Last edited:

90 + 5min

One problem here is you don't have a team. All those injuries meaning that we could soon have three-digit numbers on our subs back. Other problem is you don't know in what mood our players wake up. It could be 5-0, 3-3 and it could be 1-2. You never know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 91% of 182 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 166 ratings.

Score Predictions