Manchester United vs Sunderland (03.05.2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

northbynorthwest

Not in his last few years hence why we still have Young, Valencia, Cleverley...plus we perservered with Fletch, Hargreaves, Anderson....

I meant more in the sense that once a player abused his authority, he would move quickly to get rid of that player.

if danny welbeck had said that he wanted to leave like he did to moyes to ferguson, ferguson would have let him go straight away. I remember ferguson saying that if you dont want to play for united, we will bring in someone else who does.

Ferdinand tweeting would not have been acceptable under ferguson.

Evra giving out to moyes on the pitch during a match. That would not happen under ferguson

Look what he did with morrison and pogba. Gone. Jaap Stam, roy keane, paul ince..... David beckham

If you dont want to play for united: Gone
If you dont work hard enough: Gone
If you question my authority: Gone

Hence we had much success but were left with players like cleverley, fletcher, young.

Look at how mourinho operates. gets rid of mata. Plays matic and ramieres in the center. It mimics fergusons style. In that you bring in players who will do as they are told. Hazard doesnt do what he is told and hence chelsea lose the semi final.

red_devil83

Feck sake, when will it sink in with some, it is both !

We were crap under Fergie aswell, we just won games and didn't care. We have been crap under Moyes, but he doesn't know how to turn it around and get decent results with these players, we started carring. What we need is a coach that sees how crap some of these players are, axes them, brings in good replacements, changes the system and starts to get us play football again. This manager can at this point in time only be Louis Van Gaal and not Ryan Giggs. It really isn't so hard.

Would Moyes have worked out with other players, no one knows, but I don't think it would have ever worked well under him. But I know sure as hell that Giggsy is an even worse option.
Ooh tetchy. How can you be 'crap' and still win games so often? Where do you think we'd be under Fergie?

FWIW I was just being incendiary :angel:

Mister Ed

Ooh tetchy. How can you be 'crap' and still win games so often? Where do you think we'd be under Fergie?

FWIW I was just being incendiary :angel:
Our football was crap, no two ways about it, I have seen many neutrals saying they don't enjoy watching United playing football, yet it was uneffective because we always seemed to score when we needed to. But good build up play from the back or nice midfield play, don't make any illusions those were unexistant under Fergie aswell. I don't know where we would be under Fergie, doesn't matter anyway since he ain't coming back either. But I doubt we would be leading the table to be honest.

bugmat

everyone mentioning the wide play....its our non existent midfield. Carrick went up the first few times and then back to normal....besides slipping several times. Fletcher...hang up your boots end of the season. Love the lad...but retire son.
This - we've done ti all season and some of last year too (when RvP bailed us out) - having wingers or fullbacks cross, yet having no runners = 0.0002% of scoring from the crosses unless your forwards are in top form.

ScarleyUtd

Just got back from the match. I won a box in a charity auction, so had the best view I've had at OT along with some prawn sandwiches. Shame the view was awful in many respects! Here's what I thought:

De Gea was ok apart from a couple of dodgy kicks.
Jones really tried in the second half and looked to be one of the few really busting a gut to turn the match.
Hernandez showed his limitations but worked hard. He really is a box player. Any other role and it just doesn't happen.
Nani – totally ineffective and didn't look bothered.
Mata – the only world class player out there yesterday, which only highlighted how bad it was around him.
Carrick was shocking.
Young – dreadful. Often beat the first man, but his balls into the box never found anyone for various reasons (not looking up for a start or booting it into the defender). It's clear he hasn't got enough.
Vidic did well and looked like it really pained him how the team was under-performing.
Evra was anonymous.
Rio did ok – Sunderland had just two chances up until they hit the post and bar late on, and scored from one of them.
Fletcher had a mare. Which saddened me as I love Fletch. But I think it's time to say bye bye, if we haven't already (could be a big factor in his display actually).
Januzaj did ok, but needed players around him to be firing. This time as he switched positions he just looked lost instead of dangerous because the play was so slow (mainly because of Carrick and Fletcher).
Welbeck – meh, but played out of position.
RVP – very rusty and perhaps thinking of the world cup and his recent injury.

Giggs: I have no idea why he didn't sub Hernandez instead of Mata for RVP. Bad decision in my view.

Clayton Blackmore popped his head into the room at the end which was a bit surreal! His view was Giggs was giving everyone a run out to put some of them in the shop window who hadn't been seen for ages. I'm thinking Nani in particular which might explain why he looked like was on a training pitch, doing a bit of his show pony stuff, and not playing with any heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.