Manchester United vs Sunderland (03.05.2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

northbynorthwest

ferguson was ruthless. When you were no longer useful you were gone. Period.

Now we have ferdinand tweeting that he wants a new contract at 35.

There is too much player power. Van gaal needs to make a statement as soon as he arrives

stu_1992

Now that's a great point. Rio looked set to leave until a few days back. Vida is leaving. Pat has been criticised for how poor he has been this season. Hernandez is not happy with his playing time. Welbeck was unhappy up until last week.

A lot of them are either leaving or want(ed) to.
Then you'd wonder why Giggs would even play them. If they are showing this little desire in matches, it can't be too different in training. He'd surely be able to stop if a player was mentally not right, he's seen it enough times in his career. It's a strange one.

Mister Ed

Right so you're one of these idiots who thinks Rooney running around like a headless chicken equates to good effective football. Jesus Christ.

He's been dreadful for the majority of the season due to multiple reasons.
No you're one of those idiots that thinks he runs around like a headless chicken while in fact he is working his ass off on the pitch and tries to do something instead of rolling over and play death. To play effective football, you need a team around you that functions, Mata is struggling with that as well. When the team doesn't function however than atleast Rooney still tries to do something on the pitch, because he shows the correct attitude, something which can't be said for 90% of our team. But with you epople, you somehow make the clusterfeck of a conclusion that Rooney and his 'uneffective' running around is actually the cause of our problems rather than simply an effect our problems. RVP looks just as clueless, however he doesn't even bother to fall deep and come ask for the ball. The problem isn't Wayne or RVP it is those feckers that play on the wings and in the midfield, put Messi in front of them as a forward, and he'll also look clueless versus a team like Sunderland.

The difference between Rooney on the pitch or not, is that you don't have a forward on anymore that works and tries to be a handfull for the opposition in whatever way he can. If you are not creating anything on the pitch anymore because the midfield is shit and build from the back is unexsistant, than atleast you have something to try and get you back in the match. I think with a fit Rooney leading the line, United could have picked itself up again today, but without him, the team didn't just look clueless, they also looked completley empty.

But yeah, just go on and slate Rooney and keep thinking he doesn't have a massive contribution to this team. And label everybody that does recognise his contribution as an idiot.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
the match is meaningless. giggsy probably just giving chicha a chance to hit some form. he's a lethal striker but he's rusty and low on confidence.
The match wasn't meaningless to the fans who turned up today, it's about time players and managers realised that. They deserve refund after watching that.

The Red Thinker

Then you'd wonder why Giggs would even play them. If they are showing this little desire in matches, it can't be too different in training. He'd surely be able to stop if a player was mentally not right, he's seen it enough times in his career. It's a strange one.
Obviously his judgment is compromised by his closeness to the players. He was only their teammates up until a few weeks ago. I mean how he replaces Mata and keeps Fletcher on is beyond me. That was a moment of emotion over logic.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Seriously, wtf is this?

Now even losing our last game of the season doesn't necessarily guarantee anything.
It's "the United way". Seriously though, we played absolutely terrible football today and it's laughable how we set up today. You guys are going to end up with European football and more income though.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Obviously his judgment is compromised by his closeness to the players. He was only their teammates up until a few weeks ago. I mean how he replaces Mata and keeps Fletcher on is beyond me. That was a moment of emotion over logic.
Relying on senior player experience rather than a system that could deliver results.

The Red Thinker

There is too much player power. Van gaal needs to make a statement as soon as he arrives
I still remember the way he got rid of Butt. Utterly ruthless.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I really hope the new manager gets rid of some of these. Carrick, fletcher, young to name a few are simply awful. Our build up play could put a coke head to sleep.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

I'm the bossh!
Giggsh, Rio, Carrick,Evra,Shir Alexsh,Hernandesh, Young, Valenshia,Nani.... shtay away

Inigo Montoya

Yes that's a good point as well. Experience doesn't guarantee much when all your experienced players are either out of form or leaving.
Or play like they don't give a feck.As much as I hate John Terry, watching him after a Chelsea loss at least says he's hurting.Ours can't wait to log on to Twatter

DomesticTadpole

Rio can bugger off to BT, so then I can mute him.

Mister Ed

Yes, because one game proves everything don't it.
No you are right, lets wait around until we're mathically certain we won't get top 4 next season, before we make any rash decisions and think Giggs might not be an ideal coach for Manchester United.

We are not stupid now are we :wenger:

Hamadovich86

You would think that the coaches would have seen that they have taken 4 points out of 6 from City and the Rentboys, were unlucky to lose at Anfield and have just trashed Cardiff. Expect a bloody hard game against a side showing top 5 football and comittment

Yet where was the motivation?
Well Sunderland had much more motivation than our players they asked the right questions and the lads couldnt give an answer so like I said credit to Sunderland.

DomesticTadpole

Or play like they don't give a feck.As much as I hate John Terry, watching him after a Chelsea loss at least says he's hurting.Ours can't wait to log on to Twatter
For all the criticism of Terry, he bloody well give his all and he genuinely cares when they lose. Our just come out with the same old, old excuses.

The Red Thinker

I didn't see one United player go and haggle the refs after the game. Sure there wasn't much but at least Vidic should go and argue his perceived handball moment. He didn't give a feck.

northbynorthwest

I still remember the way he got rid of Butt. Utterly ruthless.
Thats why for me van gaal has to bring in his own staff. He needs complete control of the club.

I still think though when you have all these former united players in various media jobs saying this and that it will be hard.

But i really think he would have to do away with the class of 92 for the success of the club. They have a huge influence on things.

I mean if hypothetically Paul scholes were to go out and say that any such united player isnt good enough, the fans will latch onto it and that player in question will be doomed. The respect these lads have amongst the club is a big problem for any manager.

If they want to do the club a favour, go off retire into a farm and dont make public statements. No manager can work with these guys in the background.

You saw pep there giving out about Franz Beckenbauer and that he should be telling war stories to kids instead of lecturing him (pep) on his football style. When you have big personalities in clubs saying this and that, its not good.

Then you have ferguson sitting up on the stands looking down like Zeus.

For me van gaal comes in and everyone else goes out and then you have a basis of s successful club

DomesticTadpole

I didn't see one United player go and haggle the refs after the game. Sure there wasn't much but at least Vidic should go and argue his perceived handball moment. He didn't give a feck.
They've not been like that all season, show a bit of fight, indignation. It's like they have accepted their fate.

Zak Smith

Of course he doesn't, he's off to start a new chapter in his life in a few weeks.

I think theres a few others who should only have that option after this month as well. I think the only games our players have looked properly up for since the turn of the year has been pur last three CL games.

Inigo Montoya

I didn't see one United player go and haggle the refs after the game. Sure th
Thats why for me van gaal has to bring in his own staff. He needs complete control of the club.

I still think though when you have all these former united players in various media jobs saying this and that it will be hard.

But i really think he would have to do away with the class of 92 for the success of the club. They have a huge influence on things.

I mean if hypothetically Paul scholes were to go out and say that any such united player isnt good enough, the fans will latch onto it and that player in question will be doomed. The respect these lads have amongst the club is a big problem for any manager.

If they want to do the club a favour, go off retire into a farm and dont make public statements. No manager can work with these guys in the background.

You saw pep there giving out about Franz Beckenbauer and that he should be telling war stories to kids instead of lecturing him (pep) on his football style. When you have big personalities in clubs saying this and that, its not good.

Then you have ferguson sitting up on the stands looking down like Zeus.

For me van gaal comes in and everyone else goes out and then you have a basis of s successful club
I've never been a fan of the old boys network.Yeah keep one ex player on if he knows
ere wasn't much but at least Vidic should go and argue his perceived handball moment. He didn't give a feck.

DomesticTadpole

Of course he doesn't, he's off to start a new chapter in his life in a few weeks.

I think theres a few others who should only have that option after this month as well. I think the only games our players have looked properly up for since the turn of the year has been pur last three CL games.
Pity the kids have got the u-21 final. Not really, pleased for them. I would have played them. They would put in more efford than this lot.

The Red Thinker

:lol::lol::lol:

I dont think we have had a manger since ferguson retired. The players are running things now. I think ferdinand tweets the starting team to everyone including his followers
Van Gaal needs to come down on this bunch like the 'Buddhist Palm' in Shaolin Soccer.

I'm happy that Fergie will also have a reduced role. We don't need nostalgia and sentiment right. This will be the one case where I will support the corporate nature of United. The Execs upstairs will not give two shits about sentiment if that means we keep losing. We've lost incredible enough this year. Now, it's time for change. Change in the way the club is run because Fergie's High priest position cannot be allowed to manifest a la Bayern.

northbynorthwest

Van Gaal needs to come down on this bunch like the 'Buddhist Palm' in Shaolin Soccer.

I'm happy that Fergie will also have a reduced role. We don't need nostalgia and sentiment right. This will be the one case where I will support the corporate nature of United. The Execs upstairs will not give two shits about sentiment if that means we keep losing. We've lost incredible enough this year. Now, it's time for change. Change in the way the club is run because Fergie's High priest position cannot be allowed to manifest a la Bayern.
Yea he should stick to teaching over in harvard

Status
Not open for further replies.